Chris Duffy - 2013 Athlete verbal

Maybe my first Debbie Downer post in NN.N history: Feb 6 is a long way away.

RT @davidscott14: #Charlotte49ers recruit Chris Duffy (Porter Ridge) rushed for 136 yds, 2 TDs in 21-14 win against Marvin Ridge Friday.

Chris Duffy just missed his goal to win the state title by 1 point. Chris, however, rushed for 130 yards and 3 touchdowns in the title game. Read all about it: http://www.highschoolot.com/new-bern-edges-porter-ridge-for-4-a-title-39-38/11832582/

I was at the game last night and Duffy is one of the most underrated players in the state. He had three TDā€™s, one INT, and a fumble recovery, plus the 130yds rushing, and probably 15 tackles. The only problem for Charlotte will be where to play him. I think he will start at RB since we are short on backs, but he can play anywhere on the field.

To be clear, did he intercept one pass or throw one?

He picked one off.

How ironicā€¦I just pinched one off!

Duffy was named Union County Player of the Year. He was also named first team All-County Defense as well.

His coach at Porter Ridge (Blair Hardin) said ā€œChris is probably the best player Iā€™ve ever coachedā€. That is pretty high praise from Hardin if you know how many college players he has coached. Note: Even this season, he coached Matt Wogan who is one of the top kickers in the country and has signed with Oregon.

[quote=ā€œ919R, post:28, topic:26917ā€]Duffy was named Union County Player of the Year. He was also named first team All-County Defense as well.

His coach at Porter Ridge (Blair Hardin) said ā€œChris is probably the best player Iā€™ve ever coachedā€. That is pretty high praise from Hardin if you know how many college players he has coached. Note: Even this season, he coached Matt Wogan who is one of the top kickers in the country and has signed with Oregon.[/quote]I went and saw him play at Weddington and all game I kept hearing his name over the PA (and he was on the visiting team). He carried a lot of load on a good PR team.

bump

He stated today that he canā€™t wait to get school here, assuming (as of now) heā€™s heading here after his juco stint at Georgia Military Academy. Not sure if he needs 2 years there to qualifyā€¦