Chris Nance

Since Nance got ejected, I was wondering if he will be able to play Wednesday. He didn’t punch the guy, but did push him in the face according to our website recap. Will he be suspended for the next game by NCAA rule or is he cleared?

Did anybody that was sitting down low see what happened? TF? HP? I was screened by one of the ECU players. I saw that they were scuffling, but couldn’t see what exactly happened.

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Jan 10 2005, 12:04 PM [b] Since Nance got ejected, I was wondering if he will be able to play Wednesday. He didn't punch the guy, but did push him in the face according to our website recap. Will he be suspended for the next game by NCAA rule or is he cleared?

Did anybody see waht happened that was sitting down low? TF? HP? I was screened by one of the ECU players. I saw that they were scuffling, but couldn’t see what exactly happened. [/b]

Coach said after the game that Nance was ejected for a flagrent foul, but would not be suspended for the next game.

Okay thanks. WFNZ fades out right above Concord, so I didn’t catch all of the post-game interview.

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Jan 10 2005, 11:12 AM [b] WFNZ fades out right above Concord [/b]
It does that one block from the station that time of night :P

I watched the replay of it when I got home… Nance was on top of the EZU player in the scramble for the loose ball. It was kind of hard to see due to all the people on the pile, but from what I could tell the EZU guy shoved Nance in the chest and Nance shoved him back. Nance probably did deserve to get ejected since his shove was a little more forceful, but the other guy probably should have gotten a tech. or something too since he started it.

Bobby said in the post game interview that he wasn’t convinced the officials were right with the ruling. They did call a jumpball, but since there was a flagrant foul after that, EZU got 2 shots and the ball… and the possesion arrow didn’t change.

Doesn’t matter now… we won and Nance will be able to play Wednesday night.

Nance shoved back, hard, and got caught for being #2. It was worthy of ejection but I think the ECU player deserved a foul as well.

Glad he’s not suspended for the next game too.

Good news that he’ll be able to play @ UAB. He was huge @ Indiana, we will most likely need him in a big way Wednesday

Did anybody notice the look on the EZU’s players face when they broke them up. Looked like a deer in the headlights with his eyes all bugged out. I think he was pulling one of those ‘hold me back or i’ll kill him’ routines praying that his teammate didn’t let go. Sitting 10 rows up…even I was intimidated. :smirk:

It happened right in front on the band. Nance was trying to get up, and as the ECU guy pushed Nance off of him, the ECU guy also said something about trying to take the ball away from him. I couldn’t really tell what he said, but you don’t talk sh#t or push Nance. He’s the last guy on the team I’d want pissed at me, esp. since all year long he’s proven to be agressive and doesn’t take anyones crap. And when he has the ball, you arn’t getting anywhere near it, and when you have the ball, he’s gonna take it…or knock you out.

Nance is our intimidator…and he’s a damn good basketball player.

[b]Did anybody notice the look on the EZU's players face when they broke them up. Looked like a deer in the headlights with his eyes all bugged out. I think he was pulling one of those 'hold me back or i'll kill him' routines praying that his teammate didn't let go. Sitting 10 rows up.....even I was intimidated. [/b]

When you start hacking a team with lots of beef inside, you better be prepared for the consequences!!! Those refs quit calling fouls once we were up by 15+, and since they had nothing to lose ECU just kept hacking to try to get back into it. Josh King will get squashed if he keeps playing like he did against us. He threw several shoves and cheap shots trying to get open and while setting screens.

I’ll say it again, I really like Nance. So much better than our previous back up PFs/Cs.

He does have skill to go with that toughness. He rebounds well per minute, hit a nice jumper Saturday, and had a SWEET left handed scoop shot in the lane.

I’m kinda new to the board,and haven’t posted much,so i’m sure i’m invading this thread…but…Am I the only one who thinks that Iti isn’t the answer. I know he’s playing a little better than last year,but…he gets outpositioned and outrebounded by guys 6 inches shorter, has very little off. game,couldn’t hit a free throw if they let him stand 3 feet from the basket,and jumps like he’s got lead weights attached to his ankles! And he was fooling with turning pro? He blocks some shots…but even on those,he hasn’t learned not to block them 10 feet out of bounds…I love the niners but personally i’d rather see more of Nance and even less of Martin The Martian!

i just want to point out that the last post was my dad and not me. he was posting under my name. while iti may not always play excellent i believe that he is getting better every day.