Chuck Howard just exposed our trump card.

Someone had mentioned this to me beforehand and I agreed to keep it low key but Chuck Howard just announced/ verified it on the 11:00 sports. In Lutzā€™s last contract there is a clause that lets him out of the contract if Charlotte moves to another conference.

That is bad, bad, news and a fcking train wreck on our part to be put in that kind of position. Tht is a hll of an out for someone who you just agreed to extend and pay more.

Lutz and his people knew what they were doing and obviously had all the leverage and from the looks of it applied it. That clause does not sound like a clause of a coach that is coaching at his dream job and wants to stay and keep building the program.

Ouch. There goes our big ā€˜severanceā€™ check. Judy dropped the ball on that one :ph34r:

How much does Lutz make?

Does he give mustache rides for $5 to raise money for UNCC?

Glad to see you came out of your 3 month hiding after we came to your town and punked your team after all that smack you talked, Hickler :rolleyes: :stuck_out_tongue:

did it say it has to be in the same season as the conference change. For example could he still get out next year or is it this year or nothing. Why would they want this clause in there?

Iā€™m not here to talk about the past.

How much does Lutz make?

nm

oh boy should an interesting lutz live.

This is a h*ll of a hit for us. That buy out money could determine what level of Coach you can go after. You also have to add in the money we are not receiving from the tourney visit because we are leaving CUSA with no exit fee and things just got a whole lot tighter at Charlotte basketball. I know why Judy was mailing out letters now.

Corporate Charlotte will have to step in on this one or we could be narrowed down to just looking at assistants to fill our vacancy.

Someone also explain to me how UAB can pay Mike Anderson $750K a year with incentives when 2 years ago they were talking about bankrupting athletics all together. I thought they were in so deep that they might have to shut down football. Add to this Lebo making $750K for 7 years at Auburn and you see how far behind we really are or how crazy the money has gotten in coleege athletics.

Just pray that Dale Halton steps up yet again.

UAB never thought about shutting down their entire athletic program, nor did they think about shutting down football.

The UAT BOT was pissed off and decided one day to threaten UAB football. It was probably a good thing since it lit a fire under our administration.

We can afford to pay Coach Anderson that much through increased attendance, increased donations, increased season ticket package sales, more TV games, NCAA tournament revenues, and help from some donors in the Bham area.

[i]Originally posted by UABHecklerIsBack[/i]@Mar 22 2005, 12:23 AM [b] We can afford to pay Coach Anderson that much through increased attendance, increased donations, increased season ticket package sales, more TV games, NCAA tournament revenues, and help from some donors in the Bham area. [/b]
That statement just makes Charlotte look so bad. UAB can pay because of the very things we lack in one of the fastest growing capital intensive cities on the East Coast. We need to step up or step out of the way and keep our mouths shut.
[i]Originally posted by TheShowDawg[/i]@Mar 21 2005, 11:48 PM [b] In Lutz's last contract there is a clause that lets him out of the contract if Charlotte moves to another conference. [/b]
I had mentioned this much earlier but the way I heard was if he went to a school in a "larger" conference there would be no buy out, he was free to go. If that was the case, it truly was a brilliant move on his attorney's part.

Iā€™ve always been of the opinion that Bobby would stay until he was ready to leave coaching. But I believe some of the lure of green (in the pockets, not in a Nike logoed shirt) may be too large to turn down.

Charlotte must step up to the plate and pay competititve salaries for head coaches and staff if theyā€™re going to be a player or be relegated to stepping stone status.

[i]Originally posted by Iron9er[/i]@Mar 21 2005, 11:51 PM [b] Ouch. There goes our big 'severance' check. Judy dropped the ball on that one :ph34r: [/b]
There should be a [url]www.losejudy.com[/url], not loselutz. <_<

Ok, so why even have a buy out penalty in teh contract with this little clause in there. Honestly, the only situation we get a buy out would be from a bigger conference anyway. That is just brilliant on Lutzā€™s side and very stupid for the school to allow.

clt would love to work out a contract with whoever allowed that clause.

From what I understand, if any team hires Lutz during the next couple of months, they will have to buy-out the remaining portion of his contract.

If this is true, we could be in troubleā€¦ I guess weā€™d have a lot less money to go after a big name coach. Iā€™d hate to see some assistant no one has ever heard of hired the year we move to the A-10.

This would mean that Bobby is a gold digging tramp!

Judy is the most ignorant person on the face of the earth!

These two forces combined are gonna send UNC Charlotte right down the s#!++er.

If that clause is correct then kudos to Bobby and shame on Judy. Canā€™t blame Coach for taking what is given to him. This whole thing sucks as I actually like the guy and would like to see him stay as coach, especially with the move to the A-10.