Cincy Game, Who plays, Who wins?

I think we have a good chance at beating Cincy. First off we are coming off a lousy game and loss to a lousy ECU team so if Lutz is doing his job this week he should have the team fired up and ready to actually play this week. We are looking for revenge which should ignite some hearts in this bunch. Now for strategy, ITI SUCKS, especially against a team like Cincy which plays phyical and has the thug mentality that they do. Iti is an Aussie that cant handle that. He has no presence on the court, people arent scared to go up againt him for a shot or a rebound, he also has no hands, passes to the inside are usually dropped or bobbled resulting in a loss of possesion. I think Nance should start on the inside, Hes stronger, more aggressive, and seems to play with more heart than Iti(those are just my thoughts, let me know what ya think). I think Eddie needs to be the Eddie that he has been all year except for the ECU game, Curtis needs to wear the headband and come with the intensity he has played with the past 2 games and not be afraid to take it up inside. Plavich needs to realize where his chances are and limit himself to his good shots, we cant waste possesions with wild shots that he tends to take. Last, we need Mitchell to be healthy and fired up, he needs to run this team, he needs to run the floor, we hurt without his speed, Cincy likes to play a little bit slower than us and it showed in the last Cincy game. Were also gonna need some strong performances from Lee, EJ, and possibly Sager if were gonna win this one which i think we can…Beat the livin S@*t out of them NINVER :smiley:

Yeah, we need an Aussie who can handle those thugs!

the only “Mad Max” you need to worry about is this one:

He’s already had his big game for the year. Against us no less. It’s time for time for him to pull his disappearing act, Nick’s 3-ball will stop dropping again, and Hicks will get owned on the boards. James White and Kirkland will get into a fight, with each other or our fans, and you’ll have so many people in foul trouble, you’ll have to send in Meeker, who will lead you in points, assists and steals.

All that will amount to another loss in Halton.

[i]Originally posted by gruehls[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 10:09 AM [b] the only "Mad Max" you need to worry about is this one:

[/b]

Gruehls, touche on that one! :lol:

Seriously, should be one heck of a game on Saturday. Cincy is playing some pretty good D this season…

As usual, UC ‘D’ must do the job

Critical stretch: Bearcats success riding on next two games

GO NINERS! BEAT THE CATS!

[i]Originally posted by 49erchimer[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 07:41 AM [b] Now for strategy, ITI SUCKS, especially against a team like Cincy which plays phyical and has the thug mentality that they do. Iti is an Aussie that cant handle that. He has no presence on the court, people arent scared to go up againt him for a shot or a rebound, he also has no hands, passes to the inside are usually dropped or bobbled resulting in a loss of possesion. [/b]
Actually, Iti had one of his best games last year at Cinci (13pts and 7rbs). All of our bigs must step up. They have to assert themselves early, unlike the first game. Nance and Iti need to use up all of their fouls by playing physical. I'm looking forward to seeing how we match-up in man. Mitch should be ready for this one.
[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner+Feb 1 2005, 01:35 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LeftyNiner @ Feb 1 2005, 01:35 PM)

BP ends his home game shooting woes and Niners win by 8.

Brilliant idea…when they foul us in 1and1 situations…WE DECLINE…LIKE DECLINING A FOOTBALL PENALTY!

I’m pretty sure Charlotte and Cincinnati are playing. I’ll let you know who wins around Sunday morning.