CL "Best Of 2004" picks Niner

From this week’s issue of Creative Loafing…

[b]BEST LOCAL COLLEGE ATHLETE
Brendan Plavich, UNCC 49ers

A transfer from Vanderbilt, Plavich has transitioned nicely to Charlotte, where he was named team captain following the 2002-03 season. Last year he made headlines by scoring 31 points to help Charlotte defeat the Syracuse Orangemen, the defending national champs. He also hit a game-winning three-pointer from just about the Virginia state line with less than a second left in double OT to lift the 49ers over Old Dominion. Now that he’s a senior, he’s got 49er fans psyched to see what’s going to happen next on the court.[/b]

Link: Best of Charlotte 2004

Hmmm…

Ha. He wasn’t even in the top 3 on his own team.

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Aug 5 2004, 11:26 AM [b] [b]BEST LOCAL COLLEGE ATHLETE Brendan Plavich, UNCC 49ers

A transfer from Vanderbilt, Plavich has transitioned nicely to Charlotte, where he was named team captain following the 2002-03 season. Last year he made headlines by scoring 31 points to help Charlotte defeat the Syracuse Orangemen, the defending national champs. He also hit a game-winning three-pointer from just about the Virginia state line with less than a second left in double OT to lift the 49ers over Old Dominion. Now that he’s a senior, he’s got 49er fans psyched to see what’s going to happen next on the court.[/b]

Link: Best of Charlotte 2004

Hmmm… [/b]

I don’t know what to do with that.

Who did they pick in '03? Nash? :blink:

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Aug 5 2004, 02:12 PM [b] Who did they pick in '03? Nash? :blink: [/b]
"They" are the readers who voted on this. Maybe Brendan's family stuffed the ballot box. Enjoy. :lol:

who were the other nominees? i hope withers was at least on the ballot.

The Creative Loafing readers choice for best local college athlete was Chris Leak.

I think the Creative loafing staff is a little funny(:love: Plavich :wub:), if you know what I mean.

Obviously, CL didn’t follow the 49ers too cloesly.

But here’s one from the Best of High Point, 2004, Best Sports Play

wow, nice mid air catch and turnaround trifecta :blink: