CLASS OF 2007

MORE JUCO PLAYERS!!! YAAAAYYYYY!!! YEAAAAH BUDDY!!!
4 YEAR HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS WITH HIGH CEILINGS AND FANTASTIC PROJECTIBILTY ARE OVERRATED!!! YEEEAAAAHHHHH BUDDDDDDY!!!

check this link out to see what im talking about if you are interested in the future of our 49er basketball team:

[URL=http://www.cstv.com/recruiting/baskbl-recruiting2007-class2007.html][COLOR=black]http://www.cstv.com/recruiting/baskbl-recruiting2007-class2007.html[/COLOR][/URL]

you do realize we only have two two year juco’s and 1 three juco signed with this class. we have 8 new guys. so that means we have 3 freshman 1 red shirted freshman and 1 sophomre who couldn’t play because of NCAA rulings. great thing you know what you are talking about. Also the two two year juco’s were being recruited heavily by a lot of schools. so they must have some talent. just a thought. Also please notice a lot of those top 50 guys are going to be 1 years players 2 years at max. so technically would you want to have them on your team for the future of your program. i know i wouldn’t.

while I would always prefer to have 4 year high school players, mack and coley were both extremely highly touted. I know that doesn’t always equate into good play (see Carlos Williams) but both players were recruited by some pretty good schools and have great athletic ability, especially Coley.

MORE JUCO PLAYERS!!! YAAAAYYYYY!!!! YEAAAAH BUDDY!!!! 4 YEAR HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS WITH HIGH CEILINGS AND FANTASTIC PROJECTIBILTY ARE OVERRATED!!!! YEEEAAAAHHHHH BUDDDDDDY!!!!

check this link out to see what im talking about if you are interested in the future of our 49er basketball team:

[COLOR=black][URL=http://www.cstv.com/recruiting/baskbl-recruiting2007-class2007.html]http://www.cstv.com/recruiting/baskbl-recruiting2007-class2007.html[/COLOR][/URL]

In the last two years…

Andersen - 4 year player
Dewhurst - 4 year player
Booker - 4 year player (Yeah I know he’s tranferring, but he’s still an example of a 4 year guy we signed)
Phil Jones - 3 year, possible 4 year player
Barnett - 4 year player
Wilderness - 4 year player
Harris - 4 year player
Ngoundjo - 4 year player
Gerrity - 2 and a half years player

And let’s not forget our main man Leemire will be in his 4th year this year, and Jerrell Lewis will be in his third.

CSTV has our seven for Class of 2007:

[URL=http://interact.cstv.com/recruiting/searchrecruit.cfm#]http://interact.cstv.com/recruiting/searchrecruit.cfm#[/URL]

Then add Jones and Dewhurst and that makes 9 “new” with one scholarship to give. I assume it would go to a transfer…or someone who de-commits, if it’s used at all. I’m pretty sure next year’s team is set at this point.

What cave have you been living in Biscuit? This isn’t exactly new news.

What cave have you been living in Biscuit? This isn't exactly new news.

The cave of tarheel basketball, one that bears choose not to hibernate in, because of the unbearable smell of douche

The cave of tarheel basketball, one that bears choose not to hibernate in, because of the unbearable smell of douche

Ah come on, thats taking it too far. He doesnt read the boards often, so poke fun, but that right their aint right.:flame:

What cave have you been living in Biscuit? This isn't exactly new news.

um…i was on sportsline…YESTERDAY. soooo i was just makin a thread…makin convo.

like gill says i dont check the board or live on here as much as some people…but when i do i like to talk from 49er sports…college to pro sports…life…to whats the best topping on a hot dog because i know there are some great guys in here and great guys that know there sports.

yes i am a Carolina fan. always have been and always will be which im pretty sure we have ALL gone over and cried over for many many hours on this board which is kinda suprising that people still talk about it because its kinda old and worn out. i am a 49er though. i brag to everyone how much i love charlotte and how we are the best fans in the nation. i dont need to explain myself to any of you because my best friends who i actually care what they think and my family is all that matters…and yes they know where i stand and i thank them for standing by me. im not sorry for being a Carolina fan or if i have hurt any of your feelings…but if trying to make me feel bad or sorry about my affilations helps some of you sleep at night and make it through the day…then we got some otha problems if you know what i mean.

alright back to the thread…
compared to other programs…it seems that charlotte has a nack for recruiting juco and/or transfer students. thats fine to a degree…but i see many other programs around the area that are getting all or for the most part all 4 year players. yes i know the conference we are in…lack of wins…competion for marketing with other schools in the area and the ACC but we are the niners and we need to do whatever it takes to get the best whether its right in our own backyard or if we go to alaska to get talent.

yeah we have 2-3 more GREAT juco’s comin in…and no i dont know the ratings or details all of them but wasnt carlos williams ranked 1 or one of the top pg’s in the nation? juco is NOT on the level of d1aa sports whether its in the acc…the atlantic 10…or the saudi arabia 3.

BP, all NLP was saying was that is isnt news that we sign a bunch of JUCOs. It has been that way for years, we sign 2 or 3 every year. So anytime someone gets on here and starts ranting about how many JUCOs we sign, its kind of like beating a dead horse.

You gotta admit though, we have done much better the last two years (particularly the 07 class) about getting solid 4 year players.

but i see many other programs around the area that are getting all or for the most part all 4 year players.

Who? Winthrop(who has one and a good amount of preps), Duke, Clempsun, Wake, UNC-Cow, and UNC-CH?

Davidson recruits heavily overseas, which is great if it works (and it does for them), App and UNC-W(even more so before Benny, Brownell left Benny a terd) are like us, even possible moreso.

[QUOTE=BiscuitPants04;241362]um…i was on sportsline…YESTERDAY. soooo i was just makin a thread…makin convo.

like gill says i dont check the board or live on here as much as some people…but when i do i like to talk from 49er sports…college to pro sports…life…to whats the best topping on a hot dog because i know there are some great guys in here and great guys that know there sports.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Where to begin?

While you were ranting like a fool, you failed to mention what was so significant about your link. In 2006, there were four point guards ranked at the five star level: Lawson (Ranked #1 at his position), Collins (#2), Crittenton (#3), and Conley (#4). There were 26 point guards ranked at the four star level, including Carlos Williams (#JC). He was not a high school player, so he was not assigned a rank.

Jamarcus Ellis is a juco recruit for the Indiana Hoosiers and is considered a Top 5 overall small foward prospect for 2007. Was he in your list? No, why would he be? You just posted a list of the best high school players and moaned about the lack of jucos.

What will you do for an encore? Are you going to post a link of the best college players for the NBA Draft and point out that none of the international players made the list?

[QUOTE=BiscuitPants04;241362]yes i am a Carolina fan. always have been and always will be which im pretty sure we have ALL gone over and cried over for many many hours on this board which is kinda suprising that people still talk about it because its kinda old and worn out. i am a 49er though. i brag to everyone how much i love charlotte and how we are the best fans in the nation. i dont need to explain myself to any of you because my best friends who i actually care what they think and my family is all that matters…and yes they know where i stand and i thank them for standing by me. im not sorry for being a Carolina fan or if i have hurt any of your feelings…but if trying to make me feel bad or sorry about my affilations helps some of you sleep at night and make it through the day…then we got some otha problems if you know what i mean.[/QUOTE]

I’ve watched a bunch of baseball games, including games at Fenway and Yankee Stadium. One of my best friends is a Yankee fan and another one of my best friends is a Red Sox fan and they’re constantly talking trash. I’m told I can’t be both a Yankee AND a Red Sox fan. Fair 'nuff.

I happen to like Charlotte as a university and I hate Chapel Hill for the way it screws us over time and time again. I also hate their fans. I don’t have to explain myself to you either. Sorry if I hurt [I]your[/I] feelings and if you have a problem with me thinking that Chapel Hill fans can go f*** themselves, oh well.

Truth be told, I don’t mind if a Tar Heel fan cheers for Charlotte. I’d encourage it, actually. But do you really believe that members of this message board would sit back and allow someone to talk about their love and loyalty to arguably this school’s most hated rival?

[QUOTE=BiscuitPants04;241362]alright back to the thread…
compared to other programs…it seems that charlotte has a nack for recruiting juco and/or transfer students. thats fine to a degree…but i see many other programs around the area that are getting all or for the most part all 4 year players. yes i know the conference we are in…lack of wins…competion for marketing with other schools in the area and the ACC but we are the niners and we need to do whatever it takes to get the best whether its right in our own backyard or if we go to alaska to get talent.

yeah we have 2-3 more GREAT juco’s comin in…and no i dont know the ratings or details all of them but wasnt carlos williams ranked 1 or one of the top pg’s in the nation? juco is NOT on the level of d1aa sports whether its in the acc…the atlantic 10…or the saudi arabia 3.[/QUOTE]

That’s some mighty fine babbling, there.

Is high school at the level of d1aa (sic)? Better not recruit there, either. After all, David Booker can score 50 points in high school, but he couldn’t score 50 in college. How 'bout the international leagues where the NBA drafts many of its players? Are they all at a high level? The NBA should ignore every one of those players, too. After all, it really doesn’t matter the talent or skill level of an individual player by your logic. It’s all about the league.

Yes, Carlos was a bust. Big time. It happens. But Sean Colson, Galen Young, EJ Drayton - they found ways to contribute and were all good, solid individual athletes. Would you shout “YEEEAAAAHHHHH BUDDDDDDY!!!” at them?

[QUOTE=shagg49er;241369]Who? Winthrop(who has one and a good amount of preps), Duke, Clempsun, Wake, UNC-Cow, and UNC-CH?[/QUOTE]

Nebraska (Big 12 school) signed 5 Jucos in 2007 alone: Alex Chapman, Ade Dagunduro, Steve Harley, Rishawn Norwood, and Shang Ping

Miami (FL), Syracuse, Pitt, So. Florida, St. John’s are a few ‘East-Coast’ schools with jucos signed for 2007. It seems like the schools that recruit Jucos most often are traditionally located in the Midwest.

The Atlantic 10 - like most conferences outside the locations of the powerful midwestern junior colleges in basketball - does not generally recruit jucos. Besides Coley and Mack on Charlotte - Jason Francis (Rhode Island), Thiago Cordeiro (Dayton), and Ricky Jackson (Duquesne) are the only juco signings in 2007. Perhaps, now that Charlotte is no longer with Texas-based Conference USA (U of Houston signed 3 jucos this year), we will start recruiting the talented high schoolers in NC and the Northeast like the rest of the conference.

But it would have been difficult (and foolhardy) to sign 7 high school players as freshmen this year. (Not to mention that the lack of a contract extension makes it difficult right now for Lutz to recruit 4 year guys) Better to have that good mix of upper- and under-classmen for future recruiting, anyway. Barring transfers, it looks like we’ll ‘only’ have to recruit 2 or 3 players each year instead of our usual 7. That will make ‘quality’ a priority over finding-warm-bodies. For Charlotte, getting 2 or 3 of the best quality high school players looks to be the way to go, now. But I’d still take an exceptional juco every once in a while, too, if the kid has more potential than the high school targets.

I think the 49ers have a SOLID recruiting group coming in and should be especially happy with Gerrity. I saw him play against UConn (when they were loaded w/1st Rd draft picks) and he can “play”. Pepperdine never had a chance in that game with UConn’s frontline but Gerrity still competed with them.

Who hasn’t had busts??? PGs from JUCO are probably the most risky position to recruit IMHO.

[QUOTE=OrangeOtto;241378]I think the 49ers have a SOLID recruiting group coming in and should be especially happy with Gerrity. I saw him play against UConn (when they were loaded w/1st Rd draft picks) and he can “play”. Pepperdine never had a chance in that game with UConn’s frontline but Gerrity still competed with them.[/QUOTE]

Otto, how would you describe Gerrity’s play? I have yet to see him in action.

There’s a pretty informed poster on the A-10 boards named WH who classified him as a guard, but not a “true” point guard. He had nothing bad to say about the kid, but said that in the games he watched - he looked like someone who could create for his teammates but prefered to create for himself. Like Goldwire for us last season, supposedly Gerrity played point out of necessity.

Should we expect the traditional point guard-shooting guard backcourt next year or more of a guard-guard backcourt?

Here are the JUCOs signed by A-10 schools in the incoming 2007-08 class per CSTV.com:

Charles Bronson, C 6-9/240, Xavier
D’Lancy Carter, C 6-7/260, St. Bonaventure
Charlie Coley, F 6-7/210, Charlotte
Thiago Cordeiro, F 6-9/220, Dayton
Barry Eberhardt, F 6-7/220, Saint Louis
Jason Francis, F 6-9/280, Rhode Island
Dijuan Harris, G 5-10, Charlotte (walk-on)
Ricky Jackson, F 6-6/215, Duquesne
Lamont Mack, F 6-7/230, Charlotte

That’s 9 out of a total of new 64 players to the A-10 on the CSTV list.

[QUOTE=run49er;241383]Here are the JUCOs signed by A-10 schools in the incoming 2007-08 class per CSTV.com:

Charles Bronson, C 6-9/240, Xavier
D’Lancy Carter, C 6-7/260, St. Bonaventure
Charlie Coley, F 6-7/210, Charlotte
Thiago Cordeiro, F 6-9/220, Dayton
Barry Eberhardt, F 6-7/220, Saint Louis
Jason Francis, F 6-9/280, Rhode Island
Dijuan Harris, G 5-10, Charlotte (walk-on)
Ricky Jackson, F 6-6/215, Duquesne
Lamont Mack, F 6-7/230, Charlotte

That’s 9 out of a total of new 64 players to the A-10 on the CSTV list.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Run. I was wondering why [URL=http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/conference?confId=3&season=2007&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fconference%3fconfId%3d3%26season%3d2007]ESPN[/URL] did not include Charles Bronson (an easy name to remember).

Not to nit-pick, but I wouldn’t include Harris as a ‘signing’. At least, not yet.

if you break down our class by player, id say we have a very good class.
mike gerrity wcc conference freshmen of the year
phil jones 15th. ranked center in last years class, gives us the inside presence weve lacked.
gaby ngoundo only been playing organized basketball for two years. very athletic, shot blocker, great rebounder, 7’3" wingspan
charlie coley most athletic juco player in the country, good defensive player
lamont mack excellent two way player, athletic
javarris barnett big 6’6" sg with big upside, great three point shooter, exploded at bojangles tournament
dijuan harris juco walk on with three years of eligibility, had offers from app. st, north texas, etc. but decided to walk on at charlotte
anjuan wilderness somewhat undersized at 6’6" as a sf/pf, great rebounder, very athletic, can take it to the hoop, ranked 82nd in the country by hoopscoop
when you break it down, id say we have one of our best classes in a while. we add size, youth, athletisism.

Otto, how would you describe Gerrity's play? I have yet to see him in action.

There’s a pretty informed poster on the A-10 boards named WH who classified him as a guard, but not a “true” point guard. He had nothing bad to say about the kid, but said that in the games he watched - he looked like someone who could create for his teammates but prefered to create for himself. Like Goldwire for us last season, supposedly Gerrity played point out of necessity.

Should we expect the traditional point guard-shooting guard backcourt next year or more of a guard-guard backcourt?

I would describe him as a player with a High b-ball IQ who understands the game and looked like a winner. Not sure about the “true PG” thing because definitions vary. Let’s just say I thought he made good decisions when he had the ball. He will be Better than Carlos Williams but not as good as Jonny Flynn. Of course, I am bias towards Flynn since I think he will be the best PG at Syracuse since Sherman Douglas. Gerrity is a “smart” ball player and a huge improvement over Carlos.

Wow. Where to begin?

While you were ranting like a fool, you failed to mention what was so significant about your link. In 2006, there were four point guards ranked at the five star level: Lawson (Ranked #1 at his position), Collins (#2), Crittenton (#3), and Conley (#4). There were 26 point guards ranked at the four star level, including Carlos Williams (#JC). He was not a high school player, so he was not assigned a rank.

Jamarcus Ellis is a juco recruit for the Indiana Hoosiers and is considered a Top 5 overall small foward prospect for 2007. Was he in your list? No, why would he be? You just posted a list of the best high school players and moaned about the lack of jucos.

What will you do for an encore? Are you going to post a link of the best college players for the NBA Draft and point out that none of the international players made the list?

I’ve watched a bunch of baseball games, including games at Fenway and Yankee Stadium. One of my best friends is a Yankee fan and another one of my best friends is a Red Sox fan and they’re constantly talking trash. I’m told I can’t be both a Yankee AND a Red Sox fan. Fair 'nuff.

I happen to like Charlotte as a university and I hate Chapel Hill for the way it screws us over time and time again. I also hate their fans. I don’t have to explain myself to you either. Sorry if I hurt your feelings and if you have a problem with me thinking that Chapel Hill fans can go f*** themselves, oh well.

Truth be told, I don’t mind if a Tar Heel fan cheers for Charlotte. I’d encourage it, actually. But do you really believe that members of this message board would sit back and allow someone to talk about their love and loyalty to arguably this school’s most hated rival?

That’s some mighty fine babbling, there.

Is high school at the level of d1aa (sic)? Better not recruit there, either. After all, David Booker can score 50 points in high school, but he couldn’t score 50 in college. How 'bout the international leagues where the NBA drafts many of its players? Are they all at a high level? The NBA should ignore every one of those players, too. After all, it really doesn’t matter the talent or skill level of an individual player by your logic. It’s all about the league.

Yes, Carlos was a bust. Big time. It happens. But Sean Colson, Galen Young, EJ Drayton - they found ways to contribute and were all good, solid individual athletes. Would you shout “YEEEAAAAHHHHH BUDDDDDDY!!!” at them?

hmmm…
so im assuming you have no life to waste your time writing this or…riiiiiiiight…about that…yeaaaaa

hahahaha! thata boy!! keep up the good work.