Class of 2018 MBB recruiting thread

0 Likes

Brandon Younger compares favorable to EVN to me. What y’all think?

0 Likes

Looks to be a better shooter. That definitely helps.

0 Likes

Hopefully he’s better. I always felt like EVN was a bit of a bust.

0 Likes

Younger is much better than Nickerson. Nickerson was basically a post trying to learn to play the wing. Younger is thinner, but better with the ball in his hands and a better, but streaky, shooter.

0 Likes

Thinner?

0 Likes

Yeah, Younger is listed at 175 but I would be surprised if he was that heavy. Nickerson maybe carried the weight better. Nickerson was listed at around 195 in his Charlotte days.

0 Likes

Any leads on filling the 2018 scholarship left open by Isaiah Bigelow

1 Like

I mentioned this in his trhead, Oklahoma transfer guard Jordan Shepherd is coming for an official visit, begins Sunday.

We also offered former Memphis signee, Myreon Jones, a 2018 guard.

0 Likes

I’ll take Jones.

0 Likes

Keyshawn Woods to Ohio State.

0 Likes

Makes sense. A former ohio st asst recruited him here.

0 Likes

Butler pursued him when he left us. No surprise that Holtmann and his staff retained interest now that they’re at Ohio State.

0 Likes

More accolades for Cooper Robb - named 2nd team all state and selected for the Kentucky roster for the 2018 all star games versus Indiana.

3 Likes

Don’t think we were in the conversation but see that former Auburn/Presbyterian SF Desean Murray (Northside Christian Academy, Charlotte) has signed with WKU for his final season in 2018-19.

0 Likes

At this moment, I haven’t been able to get a feel for how involved we are with Myreon. Perhaps it depends on how the Jordan Shepherd visit goes this weekend.

0 Likes

Mryon

0 Likes

Are we hoping shepherd commits or are we rolling the dice on Jones or another player?

0 Likes

Can’t imagine we’d have him here for an official if we didn’t hope for him to commit.

0 Likes

Myreon Jones is heading to Penn State.

0 Likes