Class of 2018 MBB recruiting thread

Committed to St. John’s.

For now :roll_eyes:

FWIW, Filip Petrusev (Gonzaga) and Trey Wertz (Santa Clara) named to 2019 West Coast Conference All-Freshman team.

Just reading latest NBA 2020 Mock Draft by Gary Parrish. Predicts the Hornets will take Iowa State PG Tyrese Haliburton with the 6th pick. Would be quite ironic for that particular Mark Price 2018 recruit to land in Charlotte after all!

Hard to imagine we take a PG with Rozier and Graham both on the team and playing well.

I hope they take Williams out of FSU, unless Wiseman falls.

Several 2018 Niner targets involved in the 2020 NBA Draft:

Devon Dotson, Kansas: undrafted - signed with Chicago

Tyrese Haliburton, Iowa State: 12th by Sacramento

Nate Hinton, Houston: undrafted - signed with Dallas

Aaron Nesmith, Vanderbilt: 14th by Boston

We didn’t recruit Saddiq Bey of Villanova (19th by Detroit; traded to Brooklyn), but the Charlotte native does have a connection with the Niners - his mother played her collegiate basketball in U City during the mid-1990s (tail end of the Ed Baldwin era).

1 Like

Wow, I shocked Dotson didn’t get draft. 5 star recruit was have a good career at Kansas and seem to be all the rage.

While watching Duane Washington Jr. get interviewed following Ohio State’s win over Michigan in today’s Big Ten semifinal, I’m reminded that identifying talent wasn’t the problem for Price.

Another former recruit albeit one who has pretty much languished in the Big East:

Another one time Niner target in the portal. Saw his PT cut by more than half this season and his PPG decreased by even more:

Following Miller to Cincy:

Another one time Niner target in the portal. Since Ivy sat out 2020-21, has two seasons:

1 Like

could be a stud next to Jamir.

Interesting because when I did a comparison of player’s time at Charlotte and at another school, I noticed Younger’s minutes actually went down when he went to Presbyterian.