Class of 2018 MBB recruiting thread

[quote=“ninerJ, post:17, topic:30901”]Can we get in the mix early ???

Phenom Hoop Report‏
@Phenom_Hoops

6’10" 2018 Jaylen Gainey-Greensboro, NC
– 7 Offers Will Grow in April[/quote]
Per Verbal Commits, Gainey has committed to Brown.

Per Verbal Commits, Tyrese Haliburton has committed to Iowa State.

In addition, Jake Lanford has committed to Yale.

Per Verbal Commits, Aaron Nesmith has committed to Vanderbilt.

Also see that 6-2 PG Madison Monroe of SouthLake Christian Academy in Huntersville has committed to Army West Point. Son of former Wolfpack star Rodney Monroe - not sure if he was on our radar or not.

Per Scout, Duane Washington Jr. has committed to Ohio State.

Per Verbal Commits, Steere is reopening his recruitment.

Per Verbal Commits, Steere is reopening his recruitment.[/quote]I don’t expect us to be involved since we’re all in on Petrusev for a big man. Steere’s recruitment was skyrocketing when he committed.

Per Verbal Commits, Steere is reopening his recruitment.[/quote]I don’t expect us to be involved since we’re all in on Petrusev for a big man. Steere’s recruitment was skyrocketing when he committed.[/quote]
Distance from home a major factor in his decision but he’ll have no shortage of HM offers closer to the Old North State.

Complete the sentence: Petrusev is the most important Niner target since_____________________.

Just wanted to see because I’m curious how everyone views this. Can be guys we did or didn’t get.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:108, topic:30901”]Complete the sentence: Petrusev is the most important Niner target since_____________________.

Just wanted to see because I’m curious how everyone views this. Can be guys we did or didn’t get.[/quote]

Beasley. That was the beginning of the end for us.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:108, topic:30901”]Complete the sentence: Petrusev is the most important Niner target since_____________________.

Just wanted to see because I’m curious how everyone views this. Can be guys we did or didn’t get.[/quote]

clt offers beans or Malik el tamir.

[quote=“ghostofclt, post:110, topic:30901”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:108, topic:30901”]Complete the sentence: Petrusev is the most important Niner target since_____________________.

clt offers beans or Malik el tamir.[/quote]

clt also says missing on Stephen Curry sucked.

Prep Hoops N.C. Statewide 2018 Boys Basketball Rankings, top 40
16 Isiah Bigelow 6’6 W Ben L Smith HS Team Felton
26 Dravon Magnum 6’7 SF Person HS NC Red Storm

I really thought Qon Murphy would of committed here. He was always at games and seemed really interested. But with Robb, Mangum, and Bigelow committed and Petrusev being the guy the staff is wanting to fill the last spot, i dont see qon coming here. 2K was he not as interested as I thought or did the staff just stop pursuing him?

[quote=“Niner17, post:112, topic:30901”]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/preps-blog/article174030446.html

26 Dravon Magnum 6’7 SF Person HS NC Red Storm[/quote]

those rankings are bogus. both of our n.c. commits are better than newman, who, no offense to the kid, is highly overrated and will get lost in the shuffle at clemson. i have a feeling bigelow and mangum will shoot up those rankings soon.

granted, i have only seen murphy play once but he did not impress me. i would rather have the guards that we got than him.

Not sure about Murphy. I think we found a guard, Robb, that we liked more and got him.

In other news, Hunter Tyson (we offered a long time ago and haven’t been in the mix) just picked Clemson over Davidson.

[quote=“Niner17, post:112, topic:30901”]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/preps-blog/article174030446.html

Saw that #13 Jayden Gardner of Heritage HS in Wake Forest committed to ECU. Also had offers from VCU, ODU, and CofC, among others. Not sure if the 6-7/230 PF was on our radar or not.

[quote=“Run49er, post:117, topic:30901”][quote=“Niner17, post:112, topic:30901”]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/preps-blog/article174030446.html

Saw that #13 Jayden Gardner of Heritage HS in Wake Forest committed to ECU. Also had offers from VCU, ODU, CofC, among others. Not sure if the 6-7/230 PF was on our radar or not.[/quote]We never offered.

Per Scout, one-time Niner target Colin Castleton has committed to Michigan.

Per Verbal Commits, Steere is reopening his recruitment.[/quote]
Per Verbal Commits, has committed to NC State.