Class of 2019 MBB recruiting thread

Think it is time to let that dream die.

Never !

49ers have NO shot with Withers.

Per Verbal Commits etc, Greg Gantt has committed to Providence, while Robbie Beran has been offered by Nebraska.

More Big Ten interest in Beran as he is offered by Wisconsin

Niners have offered 6-4 SG Tyler Bertram of Cooperstown, NY, who is currently prepping at Vermont Academy.

Per Verbal Commits, Niners have offered 6-5 SG Julian Rishwain of Notre Dame HS in Sherman Oaks, CA.

In addition, Robbie Beran picks up yet another Big Ten offer - latest comes from Minnesota.

The Robbie Beran Big Ten parade continues as Rutgers has offered, as well as Dayton of the A-10.

Julian Rishwain picks up offers from Colorado State and Wichita State.

And Harvard and Tennessee latest to offer Caleb Mills.

1 Like

This should be up to date with all offers from Sanchez and company:

2k, thanks!!!

FYI, Greg Gantt has committed to Providence.

https://mobile.twitter.com/juuune__/status/1022890134151213056

Yep, failed to update that, thanks!

VT latest to offer Beran, whose stock has definitely risen as of late.

Per Verbal Commits, Niners have offered 6-6 SF Dante Wilcox of Oxbridge Academy in West Palm Beach, FL.

1 Like

So since classes start back this month I’m assuming we are probably not going to fill the last scholarship. Is that a safe assumption at this point or is there anyone worth having still available?

There are still guys out there that could fill it, but I have a hard time seeing us bring someone in at this point unless the new assistant has ties to someone that is under the radar.

Keeping it open isn’t a terrible thing. Never know what can happen with kids transferring/scandals etc.

i dont understand not adding a fifth year transfer, even if he is just a warm body. adding depth could never be a bad thing and we get the schollie back.

Yeah definitely wouldn’t want to use it on a freshman warm body. No need to be tied to someone for four years just to use it. A warm body 5th year senior wouldn’t really hurt us but I would think it’s getting kind of late for that to happen. I’m sure Sanchez has a plan. Looking forward to seeing him coach the players we have.

Perhaps they want flexibility to add a mid-year transfer should one happen.