Class of 2019 MBB recruiting thread

Scholarships equal real money though. You have tuition, room/board, travel costs, etc… That extra plane ticket over the course of a season could be as much as $25k especially with Hawaii. Save that money for the athletic budget if they don’t have a need.

Unless they can be a starter don’t bother. We have had enough oxygen thieves lately.

Beran has been offered by Tennessee while Rishwain has been extended by New Mexico State.

And in the “Watched/Evaluating” category, 6-10 PF Kadin Shedrick of Holly Springs HS in Wake County is “blowing up” with HM offers over the past two weeks - Arizona State, Xavier, Wake, Georgetown, Minnesota, GT, Creighton, Wisconsin, St. John’s, Providence, Illinois, and UConn.

1 Like

Caleb Mills committed to Houston during his official visit this weekend.

And Robbie Beran has been offered by Xavier

Pitt latest to offer Beran.

The Wildcats - both Davidson and Northwestern - have offered Beran.

I think Beran is going for every school in the country.

He gone. Literally and figuratively.

THIS (and more) is why we will never be nationally relevant again. The son of a former NINER STAR won’t come here? Sad.

clt says the withers story is odd

Depends where he ends up. If you were a kid and you were good enough to go to a top 20 bball school in a top 5 conference, would you still choose the niners because your dad went here long ago? Now if he chooses App, then yes, that’s sad for us. Or even if we were back in the old CUSA glory days.

if we start wnning again, a player like withers would strongly consider us but we have not been relevant in over a decade. start by making the nit, and these players will pay attention. im confident sanchez will get us on track soon.

1 Like

I loved watching Daddy Curt play, and it would be great if his son played here, but our timing just isn’t right. Oh well, the Charlotte area has premier ballers every year. If Sanchez is the guy, we will start getting some of them.

1 Like

With subsequent offers from Rutgers, Baylor, Northwestern, Indiana, UVa, Louisville, and Florida, can probably say this “ship has sailed” as far as the Niners are concerned.

Unfortunately I don’t think a lot of kids these days want to be the guy who helped turn the program around. They want to join an already successful team with other 4 & 5 star players. Would take a very special kid to give up a chance to play for conference or NCAA championships & try to be the savior of the dumpster fire that we have been the last few years. Hopefully Sanchez can over achieve with the talent we have so that one day we may be able to actually attract top level talent. The Virginia style of play (at least under Tony Bennett) is typically successful with players who are not highly recruited so that gives me hope for the future of the program.

Tre Jackson picks up first HM offer from Iowa State

Does anyone on here think Sanchez would want a one and done type player ?

If he doesn’t he should be fired.

I’m not a big fan of the one and done’s, however, in our situation…If CLT can produce a one and done, prob means he took us dancing and won a few games and is complete beast in C-USA. At this point in our program, the exposure and recruiting boost would be worth it.