Class of 2022 MBB recruiting thread

Per Verbal Commits, Niners have offered 6-3 CG Ryan Conwell of Pike HS in Indianapolis.

The last guard we signed from Indianapolis worked out pretty well.

5 Likes

Per Verbal Commits, Niners have offered 6-9 PF Justin Abson of North Broward Prep in Coconut Creek, FL.

Per Verbal Commits, Niners have offered 5-10 PG Zakai Ziegler of Our Saviour Lutheran School in the Bronx, NY.

One time Niner target, ex-Northside hoopster (now at Monteverde in FL) and former Pitt commit announces his final 5:

Marshall has offered local big man Micah Handlogten:

Would love to see the Niners Offer him. Not sure that will happen though considering the Big Men Sanchez seems to like.

Another player taking an alternative route:

Will be interesting to see how NIL will impact the decision to go to college vs. another route.

Niners apparently still interested in North Meck hoopster Jordan Crawford:

NOTE: not aware that our interest ever translated into an offer:

NOTE: another instance in which our interest did not result in an offer as local sharpshooter Donovan Atwell commits to UNCG:

NOTE: yet another instance in which our interest did not result in an offer - this one a Huntersville hoopster who will be heading to Huntington:

2022 Micah Handlogten has committed to Marshall #PhenomHoops @Coach_Rick57 @colbylewis20 @POBScout @JeffreyBendel_ @Phenom_Hoops @ty1ewis https://t.co/wnq5Zq6z8U pic.twitter.com/tWzYNeHYuY

— Phenom_Exposure (@PhenomExposure) September 21, 2021

Give us the update on him in 2-3 years. Maybe he just doesnt meet the Charlotte talent requirements

Per Lieberman, Niners showing interest in 6-7 Aussie Aime Ciza. Currently attends Scotland Campus Sports in Pennsylvania.

Aime Ciza (@AimeCiza) tells me that Howard, Charlotte, and Tulsa have expressed interest in him.

— jake lieberman (@jakelieberman2) September 21, 2021

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/aime-ciza

Not finding much current on him. From 3 years ago:

See that 6-4:SG Bryce Alfino - a high school teammate of Jackson Threadgill at Davidson Day and now at Combine Academy - has committed to ODU. Not sure what, if any, interest we had in him, in spite of his reputation as a lockdown defender in addition to his shooting prowess. Chose Monarchs over Winthrop.

Somebody tell me when I should get nervous re or recruiting.

1 Like

Not for a while. I think we may be close to a commit or 2 but it’s still really early.