Clemson Fans Not Sleeping On Us

Losing the little oneā€™s special thing is no damn joke.

Nope. My daughter has slept with her blanket for 8 years since birth. It is a huge deal if it goes in the washer and is not ready for bed.

Same here. Binkie and Blanket both are vital for good nightsā€™ sleep.

Continuing the dad talkā€¦ Itā€™s ā€œSoft Thomasā€ for my six year old - a stuffed Thomas the Tank Engine he got as a baby. If Thomas isnā€™t out of the washup by bedtime, thereā€™s trouble.

clt says clemson fans are monsters.

Try getting my daughter to sleep without New Bunny. Not. Happening.

I have no delusions going into this game. While I appreciate the fawning write-up, and slightly feigned concern by Dabo, Iā€™m expecting that we will get throttled. The only saving grace might be a score or two late in the game against backups.

This is a fun team to watch, and I love the excitement around the program. I think we have a shot at a bowl this year, and the potential to finish in the top half of the division. But we are probably a decade away from actually making a game against the #1 team in the nation, regardless of who it is, a competitive affair. Thatā€™s not a slight to the team, the coach, or the players. Itā€™s just where we are at the moment as a 7th year program.

If anyone takes your post as a slight to Charlotte, Coach Healey, etc. theyā€™re delusional.

While this is good to see - realistically I am hoping for 3 things:

• Keep it within couple TDs late into the game so we arenā€™t playing their cheerleaders at the end.
  • Stay healthy
  • Our seniors have a great game so they have good film against legit NFL talent.
2 Likes

Keeping it within 30 points as long as we score at least 10 would be a big victory imo. I wanna score some points against their first team defense.

I love the one guys comment, ā€œwhy is this game even on the schedule?ā€ my response is 1m dead presidents is why and remember Georgia State got 1m dead presidents to BEAT Tenn. Upgrade that weight room etcā€¦ with Clemsonā€™s money :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess he meant that from a Clemson fanā€™s perspective thereā€™s really no reason to play. Shows how much money the P5 programs have that they can basically give away a million with no sweat. Not that football is big business at that level and that elite level players should be paid over the table for their services. Thatā€™d be crazy. (snark font)

The funny thing that these games plus the games against FCS schools keep the big schools bowling and winning seasons.
It doesnā€™t apply to Clemson, but Wake, Va. Tech, Miami and Ga Tech wouldnā€™t have bowled last season without their FCS and home buy games against G5 teams

Friend of mine is clemson donor

He came up to me yesterday, and said ā€œWhat is going on at Charlotte? Dabo is making yā€™all out to be the 85 bearsā€ I did some research, and Dabo is definitely making us out to be the 85 bears lol. Were not going to sneak up on anybody this weekend.

1 Like

If this guy PLAYED at Charlotte and has OUR DEGREE on HIS WALL, but now that we have football he still financially supports a school that DOESNā€™T NEED HIS SUPPORT AT ALL over his own ALMA MATERā€¦then his opinion isnā€™t worth shit.

Heā€™s worse than a Walmart fan, heā€™s a traitor.

5 Likes

Thisā€¦I despise people like thisā€¦and no, I donā€™t care if we have gone winless for 20 years in every sport. You still support your school above all others.

3 Likes

The guy presumably at least got a partial scholarship too, maybe even a full scholarship.

Ungrateful douche-like to give money to another school, especially when they swim in a sea of cash.

2 Likes

Yā€™all need to relax on that one.

Guy graduated during wisselball and despite that, had season tickets forever until an interaction with Judy.

We need to remember that our previous admin was actively running people off. During that time, the team he went to turned into multiple time national champs. People like that ainā€™t coming back, and thatā€™s tough crackers.

I canā€™t stand the Benedict Arnold thing either, but at some point common sense applies.

I disagree. Judy sucked, but I am committed to the school not an Administrator. Bottom line, its easier to support a ā€œbig nameā€ so he is taking the easy road----like many others.

3 Likes

like many others is right. itā€™s easier to be a clemson, UNC, Duke whatever fan.

We have Thousands that have walked away from our program. Simple attendance analysis will tell you that. If those people picked an easier option, I donā€™t blame them. Shouldnā€™t make them feel awful for it. Judy and Phil literally came after many/most of us. Were still here, but you have to wonder, especially during that time, if we arenā€™t the crazy ones. Need to welcome them back and not treat them like criminals either. Most people around here still arenā€™t going to be hoops season ticket holders of a school 2 hours away, but they might come back here.

Hereā€™s the other thing. We all pay attention enough to know the good things that are happening. Average fan still sees an 8 win hoops program and a 2-2 football team.

Iā€™m just saying ignoring reality isnā€™t going to bring people to the bandwagon.