clt asks about golf

INDIANAPOLIS – The NCAA Division I Men’s Golf Committee has selected the teams and individuals to participate in the 2015 NCAA Division I Men’s Golf Championships.

Six 54-hole regional tournaments will be conducted May 14-16. Thirteen teams and ten individuals not on those teams will compete at each of three regionals while the other three regionals will have 14 teams and five individuals not on those teams. The low five teams and the low individual not on those teams from each regional will advance to the finals.

The finals will be conducted May 29-June 3 at The Concession Golf Club in Bradenton, Florida. South Florida is the host institution for the 2015 championshi

University of North Carolina Finley Golf Course – Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Hosted by University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill

Teams (seeded in the following order):

1. Florida State University
  2. Stanford University [Pac-12 Conference]
  3. University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
  4. Kennesaw State University
  5. Wake Forest University
  6. Clemson University
  7. University of Florida
  8. Georgia Regents University [Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference]
    9[b]. University of North Carolina, Charlotte
  9. McNeese State University
  10. Pennsylvania State University
  11. Miami University (Ohio) [Mid-American Conference]
  12. Loyola University Maryland [Patriot League]

[quote=“clt49er66, post:41, topic:29590”]University of North Carolina Finley Golf Course – Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Hosted by University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill

Teams (seeded in the following order):

1. Florida State University
  2. Stanford University [Pac-12 Conference]
  3. University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
  4. Kennesaw State University
  5. Wake Forest University
  6. Clemson University
  7. University of Florida
  8. Georgia Regents University [Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference]
    9[b]. University of North Carolina, Charlotte
  9. McNeese State University
  10. Pennsylvania State University
  11. Miami University (Ohio) [Mid-American Conference]
  12. Loyola University Maryland [Patriot League][/quote]

Perhaps I am missing something. You do know that we just won this regional, don’t you?

1. Charlotte (-19)
2. Stanford (-14)
3. Florida State (-11)
4. florida (-9)
5. Clemson (-5)

1. chapel hill (6 over)
  2. Wake Forest (10 over)

Tomorrow’s Caption:

“TARHEELS FINISH REGIONALS WITH IMPRESSIVE TOP 10 FINISH”

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

My sister went to GRU so this is pretty cool

Yes !!! I do know…just had not seen the regional seeding before …

FIFY :))

I just tried to listen to the post tournament interview with cabbage and from about half-way on it was impossible to understand a word he said. how much are portable mics with wind covers on them. (cabbage was being recorded on a cell phone!!!) you can never hear hobbs either if there is a whisper of a breeze. com’on AD, put out just enough so that we don’t sound like some D-III program. We Can Do It!

Do you realize what this team accomplished today?  They destroyed what was probably the strongest regional with #1 Florida St. and home town team tarholes.  We've come close to beating the heels in NCAA tournaments (basketball and soccer come to mind) but have never, as I recollect, succeeded. In golf the bluebloods usually prevail but not today as every player we had played exceptional  in a sport that I think many of you will agree is tough to master.  I couldn't be prouder.  On to the nationals and all the publicity that comes with it.

Way to go Niners! I could not be prouder of this accomplishment and the NCAA Championships will be played on the Golf Channel. We will be able to watch and cheer them on.

Can’t wait to read the hometown coverage in the big O. So far the coverage has been non-existent at least on-line.

The Regional victory was akin to the men’s basketball team winning the Sweet 16 and advancing to the Elite 8. And, they did this by “beating” the #1 team (Florida State) in the country and a Stanford team that everyone thinks is the next champion. This was heroic and should be celebrated. It is time we become Cabbage Patch Men.

[quote=“73niner, post:47, topic:29590”] Do you realize what this team accomplished today? They destroyed what was probably the strongest regional with #1 Florida St. and home town team tarholes. We’ve come close to beating the heels in NCAA tournaments (basketball and soccer come to mind) but have never, as I recollect, succeeded. In golf the bluebloods usually prevail but not today as every player we had played exceptional in a sport that I think many of you will agree is tough to master. I couldn’t be prouder. On to the nationals and all the publicity that comes with it.[/quote]You do know we have finished ahead of the Holes in the NCAA golf tourney several times before right?I mean we finished 3rd in the finals back in 2007 or 2008 despite what today’s Observer article says ( it states we have never finished better than 6th and insinuates that we have never made the finals before. This will be at least the 3rd time we have since 2007.

Team has been to finals in 2006 (finished 22nd), 2007 (finished 3rd) and 2008 (finished 8th). This will be 4th appearance. Yesterday’s win was first ever win at a regional. Golfweek did rank the Chapel Hill regional as the toughest with #1 Florida State, Stanford (pac12 champs and #1 player), top 20 UNC (on their home course), was well as golf blue-bloods Florida, Wake, and Clemson. As well as regional powers Kennesaw St and 2010 & 2011 National champs GRU-Augusta, who was known as Augusta State at the time.

[quote=“FSL Owner, post:48, topic:29590”]Way to go Niners! I could not be prouder of this accomplishment and the NCAA Championships will be played on the Golf Channel. We will be able to watch and cheer them on.

Can’t wait to read the hometown coverage in the big O. So far the coverage has been non-existent at least on-line.[/quote]

Look on-line under sports, other sports… it’s there, just not front page.

I looked and looked but couldn’t find it but I certainly trust you that something was written. I will not let this dampen my spirits, I am just glad that we are finally making some progress in any sport. I have a hard time complaining about CUSA when we have represented so poorly. I am very proud of the golf team. UAB also won their regional. There are some schools in CUSA with some great potential including us. I am glad we are finally showing it.

Glad see someone else gets it.

[quote=“NinerJags, post:51, topic:29590”]Team has been to finals in 2006 (finished 22nd), 2007 (finished 3rd) and 2008 (finished 8th). This will be 4th appearance. Yesterday’s win was first ever win at a regional. Golfweek did rank the Chapel Hill regional as the toughest with #1 Florida State, Stanford (pac12 champs and #1 player), top 20 UNC (on their home course), was well as golf blue-bloods Florida, Wake, and Clemson. As well as regional powers Kennesaw St and 2010 & 2011 National champs GRU-Augusta, who was known as Augusta State at the time.[/quote] And you may remember that after the first or second day of the finals in 07 we were leading. This was also the year we were ranked #1 in the nation for several weeks.

It was not easy to find, but there is an article.

We…are…a…golf…school. :-\ :)) ;D :wink:

[quote=“Nugget, post:56, topic:29590”]It was not easy to find, but there is an article.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/other-sports/article21180528.html[/quote] Check the incorrect note about our “best ever finish as a team was 6th in 2010”. WTH?

[quote=“919R, post:58, topic:29590”][quote=“Nugget, post:56, topic:29590”]It was not easy to find, but there is an article.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/other-sports/article21180528.html[/quote] Check the incorrect note about our “best ever finish as a team was 6th in 2010”. WTH?[/quote] F’ck the Observer.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:59, topic:29590”][quote=“919R, post:58, topic:29590”][quote=“Nugget, post:56, topic:29590”]It was not easy to find, but there is an article.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/other-sports/article21180528.html[/quote] Check the incorrect note about our “best ever finish as a team was 6th in 2010”. WTH?[/quote] F’ck the Observer.[/quote]

I had to read about our success in the Regional in the Winston-Salem Journal the first 2 days because I could not find coverage in the O.

This would have been a bigger story in the O if the tarholes had won. Did anyone really expect anything any different? First, the O ignores our success the first 2 days, then they hide the article about us winning, and then they make ANOTHER ACCIDENTAL MISTAKE of not giving us credit for previous accomplishments.

WHO from the school is responsible for media relations?