clt asks what would make you donate more to the school?

this is insane. my biggest problem is i want to support our coaches and our kids who essentially strive to make sure we exceed in spite of ourselves. but i don’t want to look like a butt in the seat to this delusional leadership.[/quote]

I have a feeling she’s the type of person where it’s never her fault.

this is insane. my biggest problem is i want to support our coaches and our kids who essentially strive to make sure we exceed in spite of ourselves. but i don’t want to look like a butt in the seat to this delusional leadership.[/quote]

I have a feeling she’s the type of person where it’s never her fault.[/quote]

Coaches show featuring our supreme leader and new women’s golf coach.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/rkMRaCKvgnU[/youtube]

I did not see free lap dances from Golddusters as an option.

[quote=“cltniners, post:19, topic:30663”]clt fixes problem. Start the transition to Charlotte.edu. Freeze on any current marketing efforts (ha!)

Hire a quality firm to work on the updated logo, and marketing blitz. Keep the old seal, but push the the brand like never before. Don’t follow the mistake of athletics by releasing the dreaded UNC Charlotte athletic logo that was then dropped but still exists.

Profit.[/quote]

I like this idea.

Look bro, if you wanna be that creepy old guy…

Here is another example. I go to the pregame meal for basketball this year which the food is not bad. Judy was at the dinner last night and was going around telling people she was glad they attended. She told me the same thing, but did not ask my name or anything else about me. They should have people from the AD meeting these people and figuring out who they are and if they can donate more. I am in sales so this is second nature to me to follow up on a lead, but this is just another example of the AD not having a clue on how to market the dept or get more donators.

You’re on nn.n so I’m sure they have a #badfan dossier on you already :stuck_out_tongue:

Seems minuscule, but you are 100% correct here. Asking people to donate money to an athletic department is just as much (maybe more) about building relationships with donors–big, medium, small, or potential–than it is about putting a winning product on the floor. Letting donors know that you value their support, that you have a real interest in them and their efforts to actual attend events, will go a long way for building loyalty, word of mouth, and longevity of support.

You never know, the small donor could one day be the big fish. Reel it along until the payoff. Even if there isn’t a major donation, the person has continued to contribute. Any donation is a good donation.

[quote=“jfickett, post:20, topic:30663”][quote=“cltniners, post:19, topic:30663”][quote=“49r9r, post:14, topic:30663”][quote=“jfickett, post:13, topic:30663”][quote=“cltniners, post:12, topic:30663”]clt says the name change is the easiest and cheapest option here.

We don’t even need to officially change the name,[size=12pt] just go the VT route[/size].[/quote]

All things being equal, yes. Problem is getting that kind of cohesive marketing for a rebranding is so far out the school’s universe it is not even worth dreaming about. I don’t trust them to be consistent.[/quote]

Is clt talking about “[size=12pt]Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University[/size]”?

I’m all for a name change but I feel we need to be relevant in something at the same time, otherwise we fall into the category of Buffalo, Akron, Binghamton, etc. That relevancy can be in the form of extended success in football and/or basketball, a med school, schools of dentistry and pharmacy, higher overall academic prestige, etc. [/quote]

clt fixes problem. Start the transition to Charlotte.edu. Freeze on any current marketing efforts (ha!)

Hire a quality firm to work on the updated logo, and marketing blitz. Keep the old seal, but push the the brand like never before. Don’t follow the mistake of athletics by releasing the dreaded UNC Charlotte athletic logo that was then dropped but still exists.

Profit.[/quote]

CHP hired Stamats. Stamats said to do exactly what you said. CHP told them to GTFO.[/quote]

Great point. Perhaps chapel hill Phil was hoping Stamats would recommend tearing down the Belk Tower. I wonder if we raised student fees to pay for that Stamats study.

I have a feeling she’s the type of person where it’s never her fault.[/quote]

Coaches show featuring our supreme leader and new women’s golf coach.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/rkMRaCKvgnU[/youtube][/quote]

This quote from Judy really inspires me to come out and support the Niners: “Our toughest job in starting football is to manage people’s expectations.”

Personally, I am OK with where we are as far as things on the field. There definitely could be improvements on the field, but my biggest expectations that are not being met are the attendance numbers, selling / marketing the program and lack of planning for the future.

Coaches show featuring our supreme leader and new women's golf coach.

What does our new women’s golf coach look like?

Personally, I am OK with where we are as far as things on the field. There definitely could be improvements on the field, but my biggest expectations that are not being met are the attendance numbers, selling / marketing the program and lack of planning for the future.

This is exactly how I feel.

clt says we have a b school with a great marketing program. How about we ask the students to come up with a few plans?

clt did market research for a local company while in school. The company took our free market research, and ended up modifying a consumer product to reflect the input that we provided.

I was asked via email to donate to the Marching Band. I did.

I haven’t been asked to donate to anything since. I’ve had some missed calls but no messages. I’m an adult, I don’t stare at my phone waiting to be called. Leave me a message since I’m too busy for that.

When you do get a hold of me to ask me for money you better have a specific plan to raise the profile of the school or athletic programs. In the latter case, I want to know how we’re going to achieve results and the timeline, with those results being NCAA appearances and bowl games.