clt asks why are we not part of these discussions?

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/morning-edition/2016/01/city-county-likely-to-hear-soccer-stadium-pitch.html?ana=e_clt_rdup&s=newsletter&ed=2016-01-27&u=LnfPAPiPbYIyyH8uzsKmow063775a0&t=1453904693

could the rich be expanded to serve mls and our football team?

[quote=“cltniners, post:1, topic:30144”]http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/morning-edition/2016/01/city-county-likely-to-hear-soccer-stadium-pitch.html?ana=e_clt_rdup&s=newsletter&ed=2016-01-27&u=LnfPAPiPbYIyyH8uzsKmow063775a0&t=1453904693

could the rich be expanded to serve mls and our football team?[/quote]It’s turf and we can’t sell beer, so 0% chance of it happening.

Not only that, but the MLS wants urban stadiums in walkable neighborhoods.

When does MLS play their games? There is no way we could host them during the week because of ongoing classes. We have already seen the logistical gymnastics that had to occur for the Friday night Temple game. Having an on campus stadium is ideal, but it is a busy campus.

[quote=“Nugget, post:3, topic:30144”]When does MLS play their games? There is no way we could host them during the week because of ongoing classes. We have already seen the logistical gymnastics that had to occur for the Friday night Temple game. Having an on campus stadium is ideal, but it is a busy campus.[/quote]Spring and Summer.

Good idea, but yeah, it wouldn’t work.

Memorial Stadium would have a pretty good view of the skyline though.

I am more curious about why we don’t host the biggest high school football games in Charlotte. Butler/Mallard Creek, or Butler/Independence would seem like naturals. Maybe I am overestimating the crowds they have, and probably the costs involved in using our stadium would eat up all of their profits from ticket sales, but it sure would be an event. I think the crowds would love it, and top local talent would get to play on our field, and use our fieldhouse.

[quote=“Nugget, post:6, topic:30144”]I am more curious about why we don’t host the biggest high school football games in Charlotte. Butler/Mallard Creek, or Butler/Independence would seem like naturals. Maybe I am overestimating the crowds they have, and probably the costs involved in using our stadium would eat up all of their profits from ticket sales, but it sure would be an event. I think the crowds would love it, and top local talent would get to play on our field, and use our fieldhouse.[/quote]If you could breakeven, it’d be a great recruiting tool.

Why even charge them rent?

What we’d lose in dollars, we’d gain in exposure.

Bring local players to campus, put them on our fields. Bring their families and friends and their schools fans, some of whom may not realize what they have in their own backyards.

From a fan perspective, it provides another event to an already great weekend. If we host a local HS game every Friday night before a home game, I’d try to get in early enough to attend. I’m sure I wouldn’t be alone.

Bring local players to campus, put them on our fields. Bring their families and friends and their schools fans, some of whom may not realize what they have in their own backyards.

From a fan perspective, it provides another event to an already great weekend. If we host a local HS game every Friday night before a home game, I’d try to get in early enough to attend. I’m sure I wouldn’t be alone.[/quote]

Did you guys forget who our AD is… there is no forward thinking with that crew.

I have to imagine that we wouldn’t lose that much. We could probably cover a great portion of the expenses, and then write the rest off in terms of marketing and publicity for the university and football program. I’m totally down for that.

We’d probably make bank just off concessions. Not a lot, but enough.

To me, its a no brainer. Big local games. State playoffs, etc.

You guys expect our AD staff to put in the time and effort on this? That is laughable.

From a fan perspective, it provides another event to an already great weekend. If we host a local HS game every Friday night before a home game, I’d try to get in early enough to attend. I’m sure I wouldn’t be alone.[/quote]

Did you guys forget who our AD is… there is no forward thinking with that crew.[/quote]

For all we know, our AD may have been contacted and said no. Or perhaps they called during lunch.

What a great way to promote the school and show off our nice stadium, not to mention picking up some additional fans.

clt says we should host the state football playoff championships . Plenty of room, and central location in state.

clt says great idea, clt.

That’s a great idea. Now we just have to wrestle the games away from WF, NC State, and Chapel Hill.

That’s a great idea. Now we just have to wrestle the games away from WF, NC State, and Chapel Hill.[/quote]

With Judy and CHP leading the way, this should happen quite easily.

That’s a great idea. Now we just have to wrestle the games away from WF, NC State, and Chapel Hill.[/quote]

With Judy and CHP leading the way, this should happen quite easily.[/quote]

I’d think it would be easier to pull them away from Wake than the other two, simply because Wake won’t have the clout of the UNC system behind them.

I’d think it would be easier to pull them away from Wake than the other two, simply because Wake won’t have the clout of the UNC system behind them.[/quote]

I doubt we’d get to host a state champ game at our current size and unless the NCHSAA decides to ever add a 5A/5AA category. If they ever do we’ll have a better shot than ECU because of geography. NCHSAA is fully tied in with the ACC schools in this state, we aren’t pulling a game from an ACC member. There are those in eastern NC that would still claim Charlotte would be a western side unfair advantage, since they complained about Winston-Salem being too far west too.

I’d think it would be easier to pull them away from Wake than the other two, simply because Wake won’t have the clout of the UNC system behind them.[/quote]

I doubt we’d get to host a state champ game at our current size and unless the NCHSAA decides to ever add a 5A/5AA category. If they ever do we’ll have a better shot than ECU because of geography. NCHSAA is fully tied in with the ACC schools in this state, we aren’t pulling a game from an ACC member. There are those in eastern NC that would still claim Charlotte would be a western side unfair advantage, since they complained about Winston-Salem being too far west too.[/quote]

What do you know of HS Championships mr Hunter Huss? ;D