clt floats a name

As long as its wishful thinking just I’ll throw in a name. Sam Hinkie

clt wants to win.

As long as its wishful thinking just I’ll throw in a name. Sam Hinkie[/quote]

Lol. Hinkie would not hesitate to come in and tear down the AD to the studs and rebuild it. He isn’t afraid of backlash or losing. He got such a raw deal on philly.

As long as its wishful thinking just I’ll throw in a name. Sam Hinkie[/quote]

Lol. Hinkie would not hesitate to come in and tear down the AD to the studs and rebuild it. He isn’t afraid of backlash or losing. He got such a raw deal on philly.[/quote]

He was a very detail oriented man. He even went as far as getting photos of the refs and names to display in the bathroom stalls just so the players would know who they are and address them properly because he believed it would be beneficial

“So many of my friends will tell me, ‘Don’t do that. Don’t try that. It’s going to end poorly. They’ll run you out,’ And that’s the reason to do it … There’s a huge agency problem in the whole business, particularly in my role: Keep the job.”

-Sam Hinkie

I know there is “0” chances of getting the head coaches on this list. However, there are some possibilities on the assistance list that wouldn’t be a bad get for us. Just a thought…

We should look at Brady Hoke. He is currently the defensive line coach at Tennessee and I am sure everyone on that staff has their resumes updated. Hoke doesn’t have the greatest W/L stats, but he turned around Ball State and San Diego State before going to Michigan where he might have been in over his head.

Chip Kelly, he likes to coach teams in green.

That sounds interesting

That sounds interesting[/quote]

clt prefers a younger option

RUFFIN!!!

Add names to the list because thinking of potential head coaches is the only positive thing I can do with the current status of the program.

Jim Leavitt: Right now at Oregon as Defensive Coordinator, was at Colorado last year in the same position and was the head coach at USF when he started up that program as a FBS transitional. Turn USF into a national name, was ranked 2nd in the nation at one point in 07, and coached Jason Pierre-Paul of NYG, plus other pro players. Would be familiar how to coach FBS-transitional team, as he coached what I think was the first FBS-transitional team, recruited in a similar metro area; competing against larger area schools and other similar colleges for talent. As a DC, he had Colorado in the Pac-12 championship game last year and the Buffs had a top secondary last year. And he didn’t leave USF for his head coaching record or the team’s performance, he left for putting his hands on a player…

I would also throw out Tom Knotts name. HC at Dutch Fork HS in SC, and was the HC at Independence here in Charlotte. Know he is from high school level, but he is one of the area/nation top coaches and has been successful on a national scale (nationally ranked teams) on the prep level. He is familiar with the area and should have a pretty good relationship with the coaches in the Carolinas when it comes to recruiting. Many high school coaches can do a better job than what we currently have.

Also, we can see if Les Miles wants to get back into coaching.

There is no way in hell Judy or CHP would consider Jim Leavitt.

Jamey Chadwell, former Charleston Southern head coach and current Coastal Carolina assistant coach.
[size=12px][font=Helvetica][/size][size=12pt]http://www.goccusports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jamey_chadwell_1035245.html[/size][size=12px][/font][/size]
[size=12px][/size]
[size=12px][font=Helvetica][/size][size=12pt]Mike Minter, Campbell head coach.[/size][size=12px][/font][/size]
[size=12px][font=Helvetica][/size][size=12pt]http://gocamels.com/staff.aspx?staff=70[/size][size=12pt] [/size][size=12px][/font][/size]

[quote=“JaMiNNiNeR, post:31, topic:31073”]Jamey Chadwell, former Charleston Southern head coach and current Coastal Carolina assistant coach.
[size=12px][font=Helvetica][/size][size=12pt]http://www.goccusports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jamey_chadwell_1035245.html[/size][size=12px][/font][/size]
[size=12px][/size]
[size=12px][font=Helvetica][/size][size=12pt]Mike Minter, Campbell head coach.[/size][size=12px][/font][/size]
[size=12px][font=Helvetica][/size][size=12pt]http://gocamels.com/staff.aspx?staff=70[/size][size=12pt] [/size][size=12px][/font][/size][/quote]

I was going to bring up chadwell. Think he is interim hc at coastal now. Believe he runs the triple option.

None of this matters if Judy Rose is allowed to make the hire. Her track records speaks for itself. It’s going to be hard to have any faith in someone she hires.

I am hearing Judy has decided who the new football coach will be but I forgot the woman’s name.

I would love Ruffin. I grew up a UVa fan and loved what I saw from Ruffin as UVa’s defensive coordinator. He could definitely hit the ground running when it comes to recruiting.

You think Judy and Phil could handle Buddy Stephens from EMCC? He would light a fire in this team.

As others have mentioned…Mike Houston would be a homerun hire imho…I seriously wonder if he makes more at JMU than Lambert here.

If we are serious about football we offer him $$$$

On second thought…no way in hell he comes here.

[quote=“rtown49er, post:37, topic:31073”]As others have mentioned…Mike Houston would be a homerun hire imho…I seriously wonder if he makes more at JMU than Lambert here.

If we are serious about football we offer him $$$$

On second thought…no way in hell he comes here.[/quote]

He absolutely would go FBS if the money was good.

He currently makes $375,000 yr. Redid his contract back in January. We could and would pay more. Probably 2x that.

Source: https://pilotonline.com/sports/college/elsewhere/football/stellar-first-season-nets-jmu-coach-mike-houston-bump-in/article_022b21e4-4cb2-5d80-9358-a9c0c400d389.html