clt is impressed

great work about why charlotte should care about the bobcats. a coincidence that two of the five were blue fairys?

where is our story?

[quote=“cltniners, post:1, topic:23091”]great work about why charlotte should care about the bobcats. a coincidence that two of the five were blue fairys?

where is our story?[/quote]I hope you don’t expect a story when we didn’t lose or fire our coach. I always find it amazing when the Observer tries to get the city intertested in the Bobcats while they have never published an article encouraging locals to go see the Niners.

[quote=“PARMAN, post:2, topic:23091”][quote=“cltniners, post:1, topic:23091”]great work about why charlotte should care about the bobcats. a coincidence that two of the five were blue fairys?

where is our story?[/quote]I hope you don’t expect a story when we didn’t lose or fire our coach. I always find it amazing when the Observer tries to get the city intertested in the Bobcats while they have never published an article encouraging locals to go see the Niners.[/quote]
Devil’s advocate: They (the Bobcats) are the #1 team that would/should/does matter to their readership. We are not according to them.

They are not a local newspaper when it comes to sports. They are a regional newspaper for sports. But this also makes sense because clearly it is a lot easier to care about a sports team far away rather than the local news of a city far away. They suck on the Tarheel’s ___ because their data and the way they read it tells them the Tarheels are the most popular team to their readership and all they care about is selling papers.

Also, they’re all nc-ch journalism grads.

[quote=“49or bust, post:3, topic:23091”][quote=“PARMAN, post:2, topic:23091”][quote=“cltniners, post:1, topic:23091”]great work about why charlotte should care about the bobcats. a coincidence that two of the five were blue fairys?

where is our story?[/quote]I hope you don’t expect a story when we didn’t lose or fire our coach. I always find it amazing when the Observer tries to get the city intertested in the Bobcats while they have never published an article encouraging locals to go see the Niners.[/quote]
Devil’s advocate: They (the Bobcats) are the #1 team that would/should/does matter to their readership. We are not according to them.

They are not a local newspaper when it comes to sports. They are a regional newspaper for sports. But this also makes sense because clearly it is a lot easier to care about a sports team far away rather than the local news of a city far away. They suck on the Tarheel’s ___ because their data and the way they read it tells them the Tarheels are the most popular team to their readership and all they care about is selling papers.[/quote]

You cannot be a Niner and an Observer apologist at the same time.

[quote=“49or bust, post:3, topic:23091”][quote=“PARMAN, post:2, topic:23091”][quote=“cltniners, post:1, topic:23091”]great work about why charlotte should care about the bobcats. a coincidence that two of the five were blue fairys?

They are not a local newspaper when it comes to sports. They are a regional newspaper for sports. But this also makes sense because clearly it is a lot easier to care about a sports team far away rather than the local news of a city far away. They suck on the Tarheel’s ___ because their data and the way they read it tells them the Tarheels are the most popular team to their readership and all they care about is selling papers.[/quote]Hilarious. I assume you were being extremely sarcastic with that bullshit. There’s no way anyone would ever believe that shit unless they were a complete dumbass. That would mean the Celtics should get more coverage than the Bobcats. The Cowboys should get as much as the Panthers. And please help us all if you really believe pro basketball is more popular than college basketball around here.

They are not a local newspaper when it comes to sports. They are a regional newspaper for sports. But this also makes sense because clearly it is a lot easier to care about a sports team far away rather than the local news of a city far away. They suck on the Tarheel’s ___ because their data and the way they read it tells them the Tarheels are the most popular team to their readership and all they care about is selling papers.[/quote] If by regional you mean Orange county, then I agree. If you mean some region including North and South Carolina, then b.s. It isn’t just the 49ers they don’t cover, it’s Davidson, Winthrop, and many dozens of others between here and Chapel Hill, including Wake Forest and N.C. State. I know they run stories on these programs once in a while, but their coverage of the baby blue is more extensive than all others combined. BTW, their coverage of UNC-CH is so much thinly veneered boosterism that it SHOULD and probably does insult the intelligence of any Chapel Hill grad with half a brain.

What do you expect, the bobcats are in the post season and we haven’t been in any meaningful post season play in quite a while. It is not like them covering us more is going to make our team better.

It’s the same old debate. Them covering us more could make our team better. Maybe we land a recruit that grew up in the area, and because of coverage, isn’t a UNC-CH fan. They know more about or program, and isn’t dead set on going to the ACC.

Or…maybe more coverage means more fans interested in the program, which means Halton is sold out, which means we have more of a home court advantage.

Or…maybe more coverage means more interest in the program, which means more money to the athletic department, which means more money to pay assistants, which means maybe you don’t lose an assistant to KSU, etc.

why don’t they cover high schools in orange county? why don’t they give orange county high schools coverage equal to those in mecklenburg county? it’s “regional” by their definition. i travel to the triangle for business and i do not know one person living in the triangle that reads the observer. this “regional” crap of an explanation is one big fat premeditated lie. why do i get the feeling some of the lies we used to see on this board are now being twittered and facebooked?

How did I miss this? cltniners is stirring up trouble again. :slight_smile: He should have listened when Mike P told him he was a broken record.

Their Niner coverage has gotten a little better. It really sucked big time back when we were good.

Cinci fans were furious when a ranked Cinci team came to Halton to play a top 30 rpi Niner team (also headed to NCAA) in a televised game. The game received NO PRE-GAME WRITEUP anywhere in the O, but the front page of the O did have a damn large article on why Charlotteans should watch 2 teams (neither in NC) play for LAST PLACE in the acc on TV.

BTW… we won that game.

[quote=“49or bust, post:3, topic:23091”]They (the Bobcats) are the #1 team that would/should/does matter to their readership. We are not according to them.[/quote]we are not according to WHO? who’s been telling you this s***? that makes no sense. someone has sold you a clunker. the only thing we have ever wanted is normal hometown coverage like teams get in other parts of the country. mike told us more than once we would never get it and we should be thankful for the little overage we did get.

Cinci fans were furious when a ranked Cinci team came to Halton to play a top 30 rpi Niner team (also headed to NCAA) in a televised game. The game received NO PRE-GAME WRITEUP anywhere in the O, but the front page of the O did have a damn large article on why Charlotteans should watch 2 teams (neither in NC) play for LAST PLACE in the acc on TV.
one problem is some current students were not around in those days. so they have no clue about how much we were fucked over.