clt is not pleased at all

In all seriousness, I just hope Bobby watches Villanova play man to man defense and takes notes.

They asked him who they thought would win out of the final 4 teams, and b/c he picks UNC he is pandering??? Sometimes this board can be ridiculous.

Quoted againā€¦ thatā€™s crazy.

Oh, and also - drop the UNC thing already! If Bobby Lutz calls them UNC, he is doing what he should be doing. We HATE it when sources call us NC Charlotte or UNCC. UNC-Chapel Hill goes by UNC and North Carolina for athletics, so is it so horrible Bobby is using their media guide name, the SAME THING WE EXPECT IN FROM OTHERS?

There is nothing wrong with these picks btw, get over yourselves.

I think it is outrageous that Bobby didnā€™t chose the 3 pt bombing team, after is own heart.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;398446]They asked him who they thought would win out of the final 4 teams, and b/c he picks UNC he is pandering??? Sometimes this board can be ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Look again DownwithNBA. ā€œVillanova has a chance due to great perimeter playā€. Whatā€™s the difference? lol

[QUOTE=VA49er;398462]Agreed.[/QUOTE]

clt says you are either with us or against us. we fight for a name change, fight for respect from the observer, and our own coach picks unc-ch and uses the phrase that adds to our ā€œlittle brotherā€ image.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;398453]In all seriousness, I just hope Bobby watches Villanova play man to man defense and takes notes.[/QUOTE]

Whoā€™s he do that with?? Gotta have the right bodies

I think it is outrageous that Bobby didn't chose the 3 pt bombing team, after is own heart.

Interesting infoā€¦Villanova is shooting 29% from 3 in the Tournament (24-81), but has beat American, UCLA, Duke & Pitt.

What does that tell you?

It is all about defenseā€¦they are holding opponents to 39% shooting overall.

Who's he do that with?? Gotta have the right bodies

This is not just an observation from this year, it is over his entire tenure (other than 98-99, where the team played very good defense).

Villanova isnā€™t running supreme athletes out there, I mean Scottie Reynolds is 6ā€™2" and can barely dunk if he can at all. They are undersized, but get after it. Defense is about effort and coaching, putting the guys in the right position to succeed and getting an all out effort.

Who's he do that with?? Gotta have the right bodies

you dont need ā€œthe right bodiesā€ to play great D. There are plenty of teams that play great D with undersized and less than athletic players.

clt says you are either with us or against us. we fight for a name change, fight for respect from the observer, and our own coach picks unc-ch and uses the phrase that adds to our "little brother" image.

No, itā€™s threads like these that add to our ā€œlittle brotherā€ image. Getting so upset over an honest answer to an honest question is just dumb.

If our head coach comes out and starts talking **** about another team then that makes us look bad, especially when that team is in the final four and we didnā€™t even sniff the tourney.

[QUOTE=cltniners;398465]clt says you are either with us or against us. we fight for a name change, fight for respect from the observer, and our own coach picks unc-ch and uses the phrase that adds to our ā€œlittle brotherā€ image.[/QUOTE]

Oh, Iā€™m with ya but some fights are more important than others. Most of the nation is picking unc-ch to win this thing.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;398476]No, itā€™s threads like these that add to our ā€œlittle brotherā€ image. Getting so upset over an honest answer to an honest question is just dumb.

If our head coach comes out and starts talking **** about another team then that makes us look bad, especially when that team is in the final four and we didnā€™t even sniff the tourney.[/QUOTE]

clt didnā€™t say he had to trash them, just not pick them. clt wonders if unc-r fans would be pissed if their coach picked unc-ch. are they a little brother?

clt didn't say he had to trash them, just not pick them. clt wonders if unc-r fans would be pissed if their coach picked unc-ch. are they a little brother?

But what if he really thinks Chapel Hill is going to win it all? He still shouldnt pick them?

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;398473]This is not just an observation from this year, it is over his entire tenure (other than 98-99, where the team played very good defense).

Villanova isnā€™t running supreme athletes out there, I mean Scottie Reynolds is 6ā€™2" and can barely dunk if he can at all. They are undersized, but get after it. Defense is about effort and coaching, putting the guys in the right position to succeed and getting an all out effort.[/QUOTE]

Nova has far supperior athletes than us lol. yeah hustle is a factor- I think we do that. But u need foot speed, some length, and MOST of all u gotta know how to help your mate if heā€™s beat - Alonzo Mourning made acareer of it.

[QUOTE=casstommy;398481]But what if he really thinks Chapel Hill is going to win it all? He still shouldnt pick them?[/QUOTE]

Sometimes in our collective hatred of UNC-CH we forget that they are a freaking great basketball team.

[QUOTE=casstommy;398474]you dont need ā€œthe right bodiesā€ to play great D. There are plenty of teams that play great D with undersized and less than athletic players.[/QUOTE]

That is so dead wrong. Thatā€™s why junk D and zone exists. If you are slower and smaller- you cannot play man!!!

clt ALWAYS refers to them as unc-ch, especially when speaking to alumni or fans.

Same here.

Nova has far supperior athletes than us lol. yeah hustle is a factor- I think we do that. But u need foot speed, some length, and MOST of all u gotta know how to help your mate if he's beat - Alonzo Mourning made acareer of it.

Far superior than last season, I agree, but of past teams, I think it is much closer if not the same.

We didnā€™t have the foot speed of Nova this season, but we had more length.

It comes down to Bobby being in love with all these junk ideas because he feels we canā€™t compete. The 3 point philosophy, the junk defenses, they arenā€™t sustainable concepts.

Junk defenses are good when you spot a flaw in the opposition that you can spring on them, but that is for a few possessions. Eventually guys are going to beat it, they are D1 players.

I also donā€™t think it breads confidence in your teams defensive abilities if you make guys double all the time, sometimes you have to tell them to man up and shut down their opponent, help will be there where it is supposed to be.

The scrambling we do, the reaching in, the bad defensive stances, awful rebounding position, etc. that is all coaching and can be fixed, and if fixed would make us a much better defensive team than we have been.

Interesting info...Villanova is shooting 29% from 3 in the Tournament (24-81), but has beat American, UCLA, Duke & Pitt.

What does that tell you?

It is all about defenseā€¦they are holding opponents to 39% shooting overall.

While their D is good, I wouldnā€™t forget the fact that they have 3 guards that can shoot and get to the hoop.