clt points out that unc-ch will soon have an airport

clt says yes, you read that correctly. a f-n airport.

http://www.carrborocitizen.com/main/2008/07/24/legislation-clears-the-way-for-new-airport/

They’ve already had one. The land for the existing airport is being used for “Carolina North” which is their research/expansion campus.

$50 says UNC System will ask for bigger planes when they are done…seen this before.

Chevee is assuming that clt will not be parking the zepplin there…

is it normal to get angry every time I read the words “UNC Board of Governors”???

Wow. Speechless.

So let me get this straight… we cannot have football because it have enough positive significance to offset the cost… yet they get a ****ing airport?

It wouldn’t have been so bad had the “Only in Orange County” thing been put in there… that is WRONG on so many levels.

is it normal to get angry every time I read the words "UNC Board of Governors"???
I think you're on to something. I'm not sure about "every" time....... but probably every time that term is used with "unc-chapel hill"

Don’t worry. This will never happen. The local newspaper in the Triangle will print dozens of articles and unsigned letters criticizing this idea. Oh, wait…

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;331106]I think you’re on to something. I’m not sure about “every” time… but probably every time that term is used with “unc-chapel hill”

Don’t worry. This will never happen. The local newspaper in the Triangle will print dozens of articles and unsigned letters criticizing this idea. Oh, wait…[/QUOTE]

clt says this is the post of the year. paging mike p.

this is a f-n joke. no school ( other than emory riddle) needs an airport. this needs to be brought up by the o. someone send it to mary.

Will the airport make money?

Will the airport be funded through student fees?

Since Chapel Hill is allowed to take control of a new medical school next to UNC Charlotte’s campus because they have an established medical school … does that mean UNC Charlotte should take control of the airport next to UNC Chapel Hill’s campus? The city of Charlotte has an established international airport.

Since Dick Spangler argued that a Charlotte college football program is against the state constitution because it makes student fees less affordable … how is a college airport more constitutional?

Will Dick Spangler make condescending speeches telling Chapel Hill that they don’t need an airport since “that’s why we have Charlotte”? Can’t Chapel Hill use that land to play tag or flag football?

Couldn’t Chapel Hill spend the money on research instead?

College airports will lose a jillion dollars of taxpayers money. Anyone who thinks differently is being naive.

Shouldn’t every non-affiliated, non-graduate be up in arms about how Chapel Hill spends its money?

Where are the op-ed pieces from every writer in the Observer?

I have so many questions…

We already have UNCC for those students wanting airports… Maybe chapel hill students wanting planes should investigate flying model airplanes.

clt says that we should just devote all state funding to unc-ch and let them build rods, pay teachers, imprison bad guys, etc. …it just makes more sense.

f that overrated school.

Where’s the Observer on this?

Where is the outrage?

Where are all the daily Mary S rants?

There are two sets of rules folks. No better example than this.

Wait this is a joke right?

Why don’t they just build this airport on our campus and call it the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill in Charlotte Airport?

[QUOTE=upperdeck;331088]$50 says UNC System will ask for bigger planes when they are done…seen this before.[/QUOTE]

Did anyone se that unc-ch plans for their stadium expansion have been approved and will be paid for by the citizens of NC?

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;331106]I think you’re on to something. I’m not sure about “every” time… but probably every time that term is used with “unc-chapel hill”

Don’t worry. This will never happen. The local newspaper in the Triangle will print dozens of articles and unsigned letters criticizing this idea. Oh, wait…[/QUOTE]

Nicely done!!!

Will the airport make money?

Will the airport be funded through student fees?

Since Chapel Hill is allowed to take control of a new medical school next to UNC Charlotte’s campus because they have an established medical school … does that mean UNC Charlotte should take control of the airport next to UNC Chapel Hill’s campus? The city of Charlotte has an established international airport.

Since Dick Spangler argued that a Charlotte college football program is against the state constitution because it makes student fees less affordable … how is a college airport more constitutional?

Will Dick Spangler make condescending speeches telling Chapel Hill that they don’t need an airport since “that’s why we have Charlotte”? Can’t Chapel Hill use that land to play tag or flag football?

Couldn’t Chapel Hill spend the money on research instead?

College airports will lose a jillion dollars of taxpayers money. Anyone who thinks differently is being naive.

Shouldn’t every non-affiliated, non-graduate be up in arms about how Chapel Hill spends its money?

Where are the op-ed pieces from every writer in the Observer?

I have so many questions…

Good stuff!