Clt provides a fan map of twitters

https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/matt.sorenson/viz/CollegeFootballFollowerMap/CollegeFootballMap

clt says we are #3 in Meck behind CHeat and clempson

We need to start winning. Winning solves everything. I have no doubt we could be #1 in Meck and Cabarrus counties, if we only won.

clt says the numbers seem absurdly low.

These stats are meaningless. 87% of the population of Charlotte is entirely devoted to App. It’s science.

2 Likes

It also doesn’t reflect population density. A lot of counties are being “won” with 70 or 80 followers.

If things had stayed the way they were during the heyday of CUSA 1.0 we would have had a chance to take the lead in Meck. I remember back then real excitement about the team and I had kids in my neighborhood who knew I had season tickets asking me about the team and games.

Remember the year CUSA 1.0 put more teams in the NCAAs than the ACC?

Keeping that status quo would have helped.

But it’s not all gloom and doom. We are hanging tough.

As stated above we just need to win. Win the conference, win conf tournament, pull a few upsets.

The fan base is ready to grow a lot if we can put a great product on the field.

1 Like

Our football games need to become must see events. Everything else will fall into place if that happens.

I am hoping Healy can pull it off.

8-4 and beating Maryland would be a nice start…

2 Likes

I’m not disagreeing but I think basketball is a big deal for this fanbase. We need football to win for the current and recent grads, but for us to take off I think basketball has to get back on track because that is what the older fanbase with money expects.

1 Like

Beating Maryland would def bring some folks in. A B10 W would do wonders.