clt provides davidson tv story

12 home games to be broadcast on mi connection in north Meck and Mooresville.

Not bad, but also keep it in perspective. MI connect has like 100,000 subscribers, maybe not even that many.

If they’re only broadcasting home games, then most of their fans will be at the games anyway.

I personally don’t care much if home games are broadcast because I’ll always be at a niner basketball game given the chance.

Easier for people to see them lose in the A10 - fine by me.

I personally feel Davidson does a better job of going after local basketball fans than we do. We have the better product, but they do a decent job of getting the non-students (and often non-alum) in that overgrown high school gym of theirs. We did a great job of attracting new fans for football this year. Let’s hope it carries over to basketball (4pm games is not the way to do it).

My 2 cents.

[quote=“49r9r, post:4, topic:28357”]I personally feel Davidson does a better job of going after local basketball fans than we do. We have the better product, but they do a decent job of getting the non-students (and often non-alum) in that overgrown high school gym of theirs. We did a great job of attracting new fans for football this year. Let’s hope it carries over to basketball (4pm games is not the way to do it).

My 2 cents.[/quote]

I got a nice mailer from them.

Being on TV in any form or fashion is better than not being on TV just look at all the people that watch our football games on WCCB.

Exactly Correct and Spot On.

Also, regarding Davidson, most of the Davidson season ticket holders/casual fans I have met did not go to Davidson. They went to another school and want to go see the local team play basketball. Davidson has roughly 1700 students and their gym seats a little over 5200 fans. Even if as many as 35% of their students attend a game, that still leaves about 4600 seats for non-students, roughly the same number of allocated seats for non-students as Halton. Sad to say, but they have probably packed their gym as often as we have packed Halton in recent years… of course as a side note, we Niner fans are partially responsible for packing their gym. We take more fans to their game than they bring to our game.