clt provides more UNC CHeat scandal.

[quote=“Card49, post:14, topic:28477”]Nobody

Cares

Just win[/quote] Troll elsewhere, please.

If your post was serious, please don’t procreate.

Cover Page of CNN.Com is a story about college athletes who can barely read. Click it and the first univeristy they mention is Chapel Hill. We need to disaffiliate.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/07/us/ncaa-athletes-reading-scores/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

As someone who has had classes in the past with multiple players, I can attest that we are in no position to cast judgement on other institutions for the preferential academic treament of athletes.

It’s a problem, it’s everywhere, and it needs to be addressed.

I dont doubt we have athletes that have trouble, AMH, I am sure every D1 college does. But there is a difference between providing preferential treatment, ie. providing personal tutors and an academic assistance program, and a university that creates no show classes awarding almost exclusive “A” grades for the apparent sole purpose of boosting student athletes GPA’s to the minimum NCAA requirements.

I think that we do everything we can WITHIN the NCAA rules to help athletes. I’m OK with that. Give these kids, often from disadvantaged areas, the tools they need to succeed in college and life after their athletic careers. But I don’t want to be the next university cited for tutors writing term papers for students though.

You are right, it’s a real problem that needs to be addressed, but I think part of what is broken exists before a kid ever steps foot on a university campus. Now universities certainly have become the enablers of the system. In a perfect world, kids in middle and high school would realize that regardless of their athletic talents, if they cant legitimately read and graduate, they will not be playing at a university. I am afraid that it is a pipe dream though - the moneys at large universities and prep schools will always find a way to hide a student’s poor academic skills if it gets them on the court/ field.

clt says we run a clean program and we will run a clean program.

The AD and chancellor and coach canned

Maybe we need a situation like this…but keep Lambert.

[quote=“Card49, post:26, topic:28477”]The AD and chancellor and coach canned

Maybe we need a situation like this…but keep Lambert.[/quote]

Hey Metro.

[quote=“Card49, post:26, topic:28477”]The AD and chancellor and coach canned

Thats genius. Nothing says progress like a systemic multi sport/academic scandal that includes multiple indictments, national ridicule, and a tarnished reputation.

But what you lack in intelligence you make for in TV size right?

[quote=“casstommy, post:28, topic:28477”][quote=“Card49, post:26, topic:28477”]The AD and chancellor and coach canned

Thats genius. Nothing says progress like a systemic multi sport/academic scandal that includes multiple indictments, national ridicule, and a tarnished reputation.

But what you lack in intelligence you make for in TV size right?[/quote]literal much. Tic comment

And dont hate in 109" hd theatre. Where else would a niner fan wanna see majors dome

lol

i’ve probably said this before, but i do owe you some thanks in a way. Our little conversations are really preparing me for impending arguments with my prepubescent daughters

lol

i’ve probably said this before, but i do owe you some thanks in a way. Our little conversations are really preparing me for impending arguments with my prepubescent daughters[/quote]

In the words of the great PA announcer in NBA Jam: “BOOM SHAKALAKA!”

[quote=“Card49, post:29, topic:28477”][quote=“casstommy, post:28, topic:28477”][quote=“Card49, post:26, topic:28477”]The AD and chancellor and coach canned

But what you lack in intelligence you make for in TV size right?[/quote]literal much. Tic comment

And dont hate in 109" hd theatre. Where else would a niner fan wanna see majors dome[/quote]

Wait…you are a Niners fan?

[quote=“Card49, post:29, topic:28477”][quote=“casstommy, post:28, topic:28477”][quote=“Card49, post:26, topic:28477”]The AD and chancellor and coach canned

And dont hate in 109" hd theatre. Where else would a niner fan wanna see majors dome
[/quote]

I see it every day.

[quote=“Nugget, post:32, topic:28477”][quote=“Card49, post:29, topic:28477”][quote=“casstommy, post:28, topic:28477”][quote=“Card49, post:26, topic:28477”]The AD and chancellor and coach canned

And dont hate in 109" hd theatre. Where else would a niner fan wanna see majors dome[/quote]

Wait…you are a Niners fan?[/quote]
Of course. Dont like it held hostage by incompetence. I pay attn unlike most 120000 alum. I wish Major had us in top 50 rpi so at the Marriott bar tonight I could speak proudly.

What would you be if your goddess judy got canned? Are you a fan of uncc or her? Hard to tell

Bet Nugget donates his money to the Charlotte 49er Club, not to Judy Rose.

Edited b/c I know the answer.

[quote=“Card49, post:34, topic:28477”][quote=“Nugget, post:32, topic:28477”][quote=“Card49, post:29, topic:28477”][quote=“casstommy, post:28, topic:28477”][quote=“Card49, post:26, topic:28477”]The AD and chancellor and coach canned

Of course. Dont like it held hostage by incompetence. I pay attn unlike most 120000 alum. I wish Major had us in top 50 rpi so at the Marriott bar tonight I could speak proudly.

What would you be if your goddess judy got canned? Are you a fan of uncc or her? Hard to tell[/quote]You know, you kind of tip your hand when your question implies that it must be one or the other. Apparently her boss is both, which is all that really matters.

[quote=“Nugget, post:36, topic:28477”][quote=“Card49, post:34, topic:28477”][quote=“Nugget, post:32, topic:28477”][quote=“Card49, post:29, topic:28477”][quote=“casstommy, post:28, topic:28477”][quote=“Card49, post:26, topic:28477”]The AD and chancellor and coach canned

What would you be if your goddess judy got canned? Are you a fan of uncc or her? Hard to tell[/quote]You know, you kind of tip your hand when your question implies that it must be one or the other. Apparently her boss is both, which is all that really matters.[/quote]

I sure miss the former baseball pitcher that called himself Metro. I wish he would come back to the board. I want to find out the scoop about this year’s baseball program. How good are our new signees supposed to be, etc?

Perhaps someone in this thread knows the answer.

[quote=“49r9r, post:37, topic:28477”][quote=“Nugget, post:36, topic:28477”][quote=“Card49, post:34, topic:28477”][quote=“Nugget, post:32, topic:28477”][quote=“Card49, post:29, topic:28477”][quote=“casstommy, post:28, topic:28477”][quote=“Card49, post:26, topic:28477”]The AD and chancellor and coach canned

What would you be if your goddess judy got canned? Are you a fan of uncc or her? Hard to tell[/quote]You know, you kind of tip your hand when your question implies that it must be one or the other. Apparently her boss is both, which is all that really matters.[/quote]

I sure miss the former baseball pitcher that called himself Metro. I wish he would come back to the board. I want to find out the scoop about this year’s baseball program. How good are our new signees supposed to be, etc?

Perhaps someone in this thread knows the answer.[/quote]
Nm

I thought this thread was about UNC-CH cheating, not about Metro having a personal vendetta to the Charlotte Admin.