clt says come on

http://www.charlotte.com/sports_breaking/story/540817.html

read the last paragraph for the actual story

The original headline was:

[B][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=6]UNC is the bestest in the whole-wide world Top Number One seed academically in the National Championship of Awesomeness![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

In other words: ‘UNC is #1 among the 4 top seeds, academically’

[QUOTE]Gonzaga had no black players and 10 schools had no white athletes.[/QUOTE]

Really?

I think the article actually makes them look bad…

[QUOTE=Gill2003;306291]Really?[/QUOTE]
I’m having a hard time believing that one. Just checked their current roster and there are 5 African-Americans and 1 African (Nigeria) on the team. Hmmm…

Also, UMBC doesn’t have any white players? Could have fooled me while I was watching them on ESPN beat Hartford for the American East title.

http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19707

[QUOTE=Gill2003;306291]Really?[/QUOTE]

Jeremy Pargo must have a killer ****ing tan if the Zag’s have no black players.

[QUOTE=run49er;306296]Also, UMBC doesn’t have any white players? Could have fooled me while I was watching them on ESPN beat Hartford for the American East title.[/QUOTE]
I saw the Hope playing as well.

They are referring to graduates in the story, not who is currently on the team.

Just heard someone on the radio say that Chapel Hill has the highest graduation rate among the 1 seeds, but their fans have the lowest graduation rate of anyone in the tourney!! hahahahaha

[QUOTE=survivor45;306288]The original headline was:

[B][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=6]UNC is the bestest in the whole-wide world Top Number One seed academically in the National Championship of Awesomeness![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

In other words: ‘UNC is #1 among the 4 top seeds, academically’[/QUOTE]

That actually sounds like a quote from a UNC student except it should end in …man.

One thing these types of studies tend to ignore are the players leaving early to enter the NBA. If I’m not mistaken these guys count as not having graduated, yet I’m sure they make way more money than the graduates. Leaving early for the NBA also affects the black players graduation rates, as more black players leave early for the NBA than white players.

Finally, can we put to rest the stereotype of Duke having a higher quality of student athlete because of the admissions requirements for the nonathletes. Davidson is now getting similar type of coverage. The admissions for the student athletes are not the same as they are for the rest of the student body.