clt says post your winter death storm 09 snowfall amounts here

What are you guys talking about? It’s approaching 70 degrees here.

Basden05’s the only sane person. :biggrin:

I wouldn’t mind them cutting in every commercial break if it was this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VZ7hlkTNY0

But the over-under of interest is not the amount of snow or ice. It is the amount of coverage. I mean how many times will Eric Thomas cut into Monday night shows to tell me what the "storm" has done in the last 4 minutes since he updated us last? How many updates will we get from the DOT salt silo?
And the even more intriguing question........................ Will this excessive amount of storm coverage be less or greater than the coverage given to the tarholes by the Observer?

:shades:

After watching the news last night, and seeing the results today, I have come to the conclusion that we are all idiots here in the south. The stereotypes are true, and we should all just give up.

Seriously… I’m embarrassed to say I was born and raised here every time we get a dusting of snow and the news makes a big deal of it.

Little Dog (but now, not so little) enjoyed the time out in her first snow this morning!

As you can see, she’s grown since the football rally.

More coverage than the holes.
And lew don’t feel bad. I’m a southerner too, & I was at work all day, including OT.
What pisses me off is northerners that don’t come into work. What’s their excuse?

.....uphill, both ways

bare foot.

an inch, i think.

get your mind out of the gutter.

I’m a southerner, and I love getting the day off on a snow day. Also, I always buy milk and bread right before the storm. I like tradition and I like the south. Screw all you yankees who mock me.

[QUOTE=Sideshow;378381]I’m a southerner, and I love getting the day off on a snow day. Also, I always buy milk and bread right before the storm. I like tradition and I like the south. Screw all you yankees who mock me.[/QUOTE]

Ive never understood the whole bread and milk thing. just plain weird.

I do like getting out of class for an inch of snow, though. When was back home, I’d have to walk to and from school in snow drifts 2 feet high, with the temperature dipping to 20ish below zero. I LOVE the south.

we got a dusting in Huntersville.

[QUOTE=The Lax;378379]an inch, i think. [/QUOTE]

Explains a lot :lol:

3.5"

[QUOTE=Sideshow;378381]I’m a southerner, and I love getting the day off on a snow day. Also, I always buy milk and bread right before the storm. I like tradition and I like the south. Screw all you yankees who mock me.[/QUOTE]

It’s not the apocalypse.

Buy your bread, buy your milk. Personally, I would buy beer: nutritionally, it’s liquid bread :slight_smile:

But seriously, do we really need the newscasters to talk about how big of a story this is when it just makes us look stupid?

They get more snow up north in one day than we get in a year. Do we have to look like a bunch of chicken ****ing littles everytime it snows?

[QUOTE=thelew1014;378392]It’s not the apocalypse.

Buy your bread, buy your milk. Personally, I would buy beer: nutritionally, it’s liquid bread :slight_smile:

But seriously, do we really need the newscasters to talk about how big of a story this is when it just makes us look stupid?

They get more snow up north in one day than we get in a year. Do we have to look like a bunch of chicken ****ing littles everytime it snows?[/QUOTE]

I know it’s not the apocalypse. If it were, I wouldnt be wasting time at the grocery store. i would be confined to my house with my wife.

I would have bought beer, but I always have a steady stock of that in the fridge.

The fact that the north gets lots of snow is what makes it a non-issue for them. For us, we get snow once every 2-3 years, and it’s fun. I dont think it makes us look stupid at all. Also, the cockknockers from up north who get cocky and then spin out in the snow? yeah, they’re the ones who look stupid. And I’ve witnessed it many a time.

[QUOTE=Sideshow;378397]I know it’s not the apocalypse. If it were, I wouldnt be wasting time at the grocery store. i would be confined to my house with my wife.

I would have bought beer, but I always have a steady stock of that in the fridge.

The fact that the north gets lots of snow is what makes it a non-issue for them. For us, we get snow once every 2-3 years, and it’s fun. I dont think it makes us look stupid at all. Also, the cockknockers from up north who get cocky and then spin out in the snow? yeah, they’re the ones who look stupid. And I’ve witnessed it many a time.[/QUOTE]

It’s not us… it’s the damn newscasters.

Last night, they were covering the two “major” stories.

The inauguration is a major story. Two inches of snow… is not.

for the charlotte area it was a major snow storm. again, considering this happens once in a blue moon, I consider that news.

It’s not like that. Most Northerners know that 1) the south doesn’t need nor maintain the type of equipment to deal with these once/2 or 3 year storms and also 2) ice is ice. I don’t care where you are from or where you learned how to drive, ice is a nightmare to drive on. I don’t want anyone, yankee, redneck, hick, good ol’ boy, whatever driving within 8 car lengths of me when it’s icy.

The inauguration is a major story. Two inches of snow... is not.
Maybe not, but it's still more of a story than someone named Curry eating at Waffle House............. and there were 2 or 3 pages about meal that in the paper.

[QUOTE=NLP;378402]It’s not like that. Most Northerners know that 1) the south doesn’t need nor maintain the type of equipment to deal with these once/2 or 3 year storms and also 2) ice is ice. I don’t care where you are from or where you learned how to drive, ice is a nightmare to drive on. I don’t want anyone, yankee, redneck, hick, good ol’ boy, whatever driving within 8 car lengths of me when it’s icy.[/QUOTE]

I wish more northerners would say that. All the northerners I know, my wife included, LOVE to go off on rants about how much better they are, and how “this isn’t snow”, and how southerners are retarded, blah blah blah blah blah. It gets really old and stupid. Which is why I find so much satisfaction when i witness a yankee slide off the road in the snow. I know I shouldn’t take satisfaction from another’s suffering, but it’s hard to stifle it.