Clt’s week 2 chat page. Black out game for Charlotte!

App’s DC reportedly headed to GT

clt says appy sold fewer season tickets this year than 2007. Only 6000

They are a program in decline.

A App grad that I workout with is already talking trash to me. They think it is going to be 35 or more point win.

That’s not talking trash…that is a modest guess

If they have scored three TD’s or less at the half, I’ll be absolutely shocked. If we score three TD’s the entire game, I’ll be equally shocked. Put it that way.

Again: Prove me wrong, Niners. Please.

That’s not talking trash…that is a modest guess[/quote]

Yeah, unless some wild improvement occurs I fear we may get smoked. I have no confidence in our coaching to prevent an ass whooping.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:56, topic:31023”][quote=“919R, post:52, topic:31023”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:51, topic:31023”]This is lunacy. App is good. We gotta deal with it. The only way for us to shut them up, is to grow our program.

Get ready for them to hang 50 next year, unless they have nobody on that sideline capable of running the offense (doubtful). Our only prayer is an NFL team hires a college guy, starting a chain reaction that moves Scott Satterfield.[/quote]. You realize they lose A TON of starters, right? They will likely still beat us, but I doubt it’s as bad as you expect.[/quote]

App is every bit the well oiled machine that WKU is. While I’m sure they’d rather have those guys back, them losing starters is not as big a deal as if a program like us did.

Like I said, our only hope is they have QB turmoil, and we get some prolific play at the QB position.[/quote]

That is the difference between a school that has built a solid program, has the support of the administration, and has years of tradition of being good. App did have big name seniors on the team but they also got of contributions on the team from Freshman and Sophomores. As you said the biggest question they face is at the QB position but Lamb’s backup showed decent stuff in the few games he got into.

This whole notion of their coach leaves App falls off I don’t buy either. App has a pretty strong coaching tree to choose from and to me it is foolish to assume if one leaves the whole house will crumble.

[quote=“winsel1081, post:67, topic:31023”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:56, topic:31023”][quote=“919R, post:52, topic:31023”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:51, topic:31023”]This is lunacy. App is good. We gotta deal with it. The only way for us to shut them up, is to grow our program.

Get ready for them to hang 50 next year, unless they have nobody on that sideline capable of running the offense (doubtful). Our only prayer is an NFL team hires a college guy, starting a chain reaction that moves Scott Satterfield.[/quote]. You realize they lose A TON of starters, right? They will likely still beat us, but I doubt it’s as bad as you expect.[/quote]

App is every bit the well oiled machine that WKU is. While I’m sure they’d rather have those guys back, them losing starters is not as big a deal as if a program like us did.

Like I said, our only hope is they have QB turmoil, and we get some prolific play at the QB position.[/quote]

That is the difference between a school that has built a solid program, has the support of the administration, and has years of tradition of being good. App did have big name seniors on the team but they also got of contributions on the team from Freshman and Sophomores. As you said the biggest question they face is at the QB position but Lamb’s backup showed decent stuff in the few games he got into.

This whole notion of their coach leaves App falls off I don’t buy either. App has a pretty strong coaching tree to choose from and to me it is foolish to assume if one leaves the whole house will crumble.[/quote]it may not crumble, but there is still usually an adjustment period. Satterfield didn’t do very well his first year, but look at him now.

We lost to an FCS school and beat a team, barely, that didn’t have a team last year. App will be disappointed if they don’t beat us by at least 3 TDs.

clt says the appys plan on buying season ticket packs just for the appy game ticket.

They are obsessed with us.

-20 below zero windchill tomorrow in Boone. We should be forwarding all their good recruits the weather report.

The football team isn’t there, are they? They’d go back the weekend before classes start.

The point is the weather can suck there in the winter. You don’t see -20 wind chill in the southern piedmont.

clt says they are excited about a rooftop bar…that will only be reasonable in the summer. When the students are home.

clt says Charlotte is -3 in the early spread v Appalachian Training School for Teachers.

clt is growing more confident in this game. Appy may get a fluke TD late in the game.

boone says you have been drinking too much of our shine.

You know their are lurkers on this board all the time. Not sure why we try to stir up the dust and give other teams bulletin board material.

You know their are lurkers on this board all the time. Not sure why we try to stir up the dust and give other teams bulletin board material.[/quote]

clt says false. Appy fans have limited access to the internet, and when they get it they spend most of the time looking at UNC CHeat chat pages.

You know their are lurkers on this board all the time. Not sure why we try to stir up the dust and give other teams bulletin board material.[/quote]

clt says false. Appy fans have limited access to the internet, and when they get it they spend most of the time looking at UNC CHeat chat pages.[/quote]

boone says that is very original material you’ve got there.