Clt starts the odu game chat page

Another question. Why were the stands on the student side roped off above the visiting bench?

I believe there are rules about how close students can be to the visiting teams bench.

Pope and Braden are signaling in plays. They wear different color hats, both with a screen behind them. They both signal plays and use a way to differentiate who is the live signal. I think the screens are to help to QB focus on them with all the activity on the sidelines.

clt thanks the appys for waking us up. We are back,

That section reserved for family members of our players. The yellow “Caution” tape is really classy!

1 Like

Amazing what a competent QB can do against a beatable team…actually makes us look like a legit team.

If we could just stop doing Niner things we could be competitive in a lot of games. But Quattlebaum trying to field a punt running towards the endzone over his shoulder letting it go thru his hands to bounce right into an ODU player’s hands inside the 10 yard line was VERY Ninerish. Then of course Lambert had to get into the act by not kicking a FG with 6min left to extend the game to where they would need 2 TD’s to beat us instead of a TD and a FG.

But…it all worked out for a change.

Feel good for the kids…after going thru last year’s clusterf@#$ of a season…they deserve more of this.

1 Like

Wow…I agree with every word. Scary.

Yikes…let’s not let that happen again! :grinning:

1 Like

I think we should have kicked the fg, but at least we were going for the win. That would have sealed the game if the ball was about a foot further. We had two drives that went over 5 minutes

ODU coaching sucked today. A win is a win.

I was fine with going for it, but didnt like the long pass fire the play call.

I think Lambert’s brother must coach them…the touchdown they scored before halftime…kick the XP and it’s a tie game at half but they go for 2!!! Kept us in the lead and definitely made a difference coming down the stretch.

That was a Lambert-esque move.

We were out-Lamberted today that’s for sure.

Saw some things that I disliked, but… it’s nice having a QB who can pass and run. Game was interesting to watch from home. Tucker looks legit. Can’t wait to see how he progresses over the next few years.

It is important to suck less than the other sucky teams in your conference. It isn’t the same as being good, but it is a decent proxy until we have better options.

3 Likes

Exactly! He cost his team some points with some terrible decisions. It was great to see!

Ive been critical of lambert not being agressive enough in past games. I liked going for it on 4 down. It wouldnt have been a gimme fg and i believe the wind was somewhat strong this game? It wouldve been a 2 possession game either way and we were moving the ball VERY well all game.

Bowl or bust.

clt says we will be in a bowl, and lambert will retire happy

Really? It was TOTALLY empty the entire game. So, can’t believe no players’ family members showed up.

Amazing what a difference a competent kicker and QB make in winning or losing close games.

2 Likes