Clt starts the odu game chat page

Please sit Quattlebum coach, butterfingers all day. Canā€™t remember which home game last year when he dropped a wide open to pass

He had a should issue coming into Fordham. My guess is that heā€™s still not at 100% physically and needs to build up conditioning as well.

There were a few parents on the visitorā€™s side as I was sitting in the student section with my son directly behind them. But true most parents etc in attendance were sitting elsewhere.

And Iā€™m assuming that was Carolina Panthersā€™ backup QB Taylor Heinicke on the sidelines with his alma mater.

I also detest the caution tape. That looks so ridiculous. There has to be a better way. I canā€™t think of another program that uses it

1 Like

You bitch about the smallest of thingsā€¦constantly. We have much more to worry about than to complain about what we rope a section off with.

When the students section is full you do not see it. It is a conference rule that students cannot seat directly behind the visitors bench. Most of the conference schools sit parents behind the bench, but due to the circumstances of this game most of the parents sat on the home side. There were several around where I was sitting.

You have to realize all the stuff that went into putting this game on Thursday. If yellow tape was the worse thing that happened then I take my hat off to Mike Hill and his staff.

Be glad we are 2-1 with a chance to go 3-1 next week for the first time in school history. Our AD Dept is progressing at a fast pace which is what everyone wanted and complained about with Judy. Our team is playing better than last year. I really think that some do not want us to succeed

2 Likes

I never said that it was our biggest problem, so not sure where you are getting that. However, it is a highly visible issue given the broadcast location. It has also been an issue since the first ever game against Campbell.

The devil is in the details when it comes to marketing and brand management; a sentiment that I am certain Mike Hill would agree with based upon his comments and actions. This is also likely a pretty simple fix - just copy whatever other programs do. Luckily, we have an AD who understands this and acts quickly and decisively to correct all of the sloppiness and neglect of the last regime. That continues to be our biggest issue aside from winning - getting brand management and the fan experience right.

3 Likes

Do we know for sure it wasnā€™t a crime scene? Usually the police will tape off a murder scene so they can investigate without anyone ruining the crime scene. If a crime happened there at some point before the game that would justify the police tape being there and all of you now look silly for arguing over it.

You guys need to take a breath and think before you start these type of argumentsā€¦sometimes the simplest answer is the answer.

I have been present for at least 20 crimes in that stadium

We do like our yellow caution tape as it gets used in Halton as well!

Anyway, seems like some sort of permanent barrier would be erected around the family section behind the visitorā€™s bench.

The yellow caution tape represents the low level of effort, the low level of awareness of the PR impact it has.

1 Like

Was one of them our clock management?

That was an accessory during the fact

Not specifically related to losing to us, but the guys on the ODU board are slowly driving themselves insane. Thereā€™s even a good part talking about the ā€œgood ole daysā€ in the CAA. They arenā€™t old enough to have good old days.

1 Like

Bro, no one on any AD could make you happy. This is the dumbest argument I have seen on here in a while, and that takes skill.

Strawman and an ad hominem in the next sentenceā€¦ Thatā€™s gotta be the most ridiculous personal attack Iā€™ve seen outside the bullshit that goes on in the shoutbox.

Not sure why you are attacking me, but Run49er is the one that first mentioned the issue and multiple people liked my post so not everyone agrees with you. And hereā€™s how I can tell itā€™s some kind of pissy personal vendetta - you havenā€™t said a thing to them.

I am a big Mike Hill fan.

Have a nice day!

Go Niners!

clt can confirm the police tape was due to a few appy fans sitting there last week.

BO

Didnā€™t mean to start anything with my observation about the caution tape. Just find it both humorous and tacky cheap. We knew that area was going to be off limits to students so should have been addressed with a gated railing at the outset. Five + years of the tape is sorta silly. Does give the security people something to do, with all that ā€œliftingā€ to allow the parents, siblings, etc to enter and exit the first 10 rows behind the visitorā€™s bench!

I assume the section and those seats are numberedā€¦why not just have ushers do their job and just closely monitor and enforce that section? It should be easy to discern between students getting into that section (20 year olds) vs player parents (40 year olds and older)ā€¦right?

How the heck are yall still talking about this after a win. I give up. Carry on.