clt starts wku postgame

how is Dustin Johnson able to play golf and hoop?

Aube and beans should Start

good win tonight, let’s hope John Davis’s Father isn’t an AAU coach and in line for the State job

Braxton Ogb showed up tonight

Davis may be player of the game, but Aube made the play of the game, twice. Husling out two rebounds in the final 1:30 to seal the win.
Also had a very nice block in the 1st half too. Glad we got the win though, now onto Marshall!

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:4, topic:30827”]Davis may be player of the game, but Aube made the play of the game, twice. Husling out two rebounds in the final 1:30 to seal the win.
Also had a very nice block in the 1st half too. Glad we got the win though, now onto Marshall![/quote]

Aube’s hustle plays saved the day for sure down the stretch. Maintaining possession there was HUUUGE!

[quote=“49er1, post:5, topic:30827”][quote=“NinerAlum18, post:4, topic:30827”]Davis may be player of the game, but Aube made the play of the game, twice. Husling out two rebounds in the final 1:30 to seal the win.
Also had a very nice block in the 1st half too. Glad we got the win though, now onto Marshall![/quote]

Aube’s hustle plays saved the day for sure down the stretch. Maintaining possession there was HUUUGE![/quote]
Agreed! HUGE offensive boards down the stretch.

I remember Eddie Basden making plays like Aube made to save some games for us. Best hustle I have seen in clutch time in several years for us. Fitting end to his career here. His postgame presser was fun too.

it was a much needed win

We started strong, took their haymaker, and made the free throws to win.

We give t[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=9px]Hem crap when they lose, but they brought it tonight, and won.[/size][/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=9px]Good stuff by our guys.[/size][/font]

Maybe I was a little punch drunk from watching us jump out to a sizeable lead and then hold onto it for most of the game, but I SWEAR that I thought I saw a little defense tonight… Really! AND… we actually outrebounded an opponent for once.

The halfcourt 1-3-1 bothered WKU tonight and the post doubles actually worked for the most part. Poundcake Johnson was on fire the first half, but JD stayed on his tail much of the second half and kept him from going off.

Really fun game to watch.

Anyone who watched that game and still asks for more Benas, I don’t know what to tell you.

We won! Yay!

We showed heart that had been missing. Very proud.

3 Points, 3 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal and just 1 foul in just 7 minutes. I don’t think you know what to tell me either. ;D

He was cold as hell from the free throw line, but those were his first in game free throws since January 2nd.

All in all, game went as most do against teams we should beat. We started to pull away in the 2nd, then our offense ground to a halt and we coughed up the lead. Certainly glad to win, we’ll likely be underdogs in our final 3 games. We need each and every one of them to finish .500 in C-USA.

I thought the team had “quit” for the season. ::slight_smile:

3 Points, 3 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal and just 1 foul in just 7 minutes. I don’t think you know what to tell me either. ;D

He was cold as hell from the free throw line, but those were his first in game free throws since January 2nd.[/quote]

Cost us 5 points at the line, he was consistently slow on rotations, lucked into that one blocked shot. Or the time where he was too slow down the court and had to foul the guy so he didn’t take a wide open layup. Benas sucks and we all need to stop stumping for him to play.

Free Benas

[quote=“49er1, post:5, topic:30827”][quote=“NinerAlum18, post:4, topic:30827”]Davis may be player of the game, but Aube made the play of the game, twice. Husling out two rebounds in the final 1:30 to seal the win.

Aube’s hustle plays saved the day for sure down the stretch. Maintaining possession there was HUUUGE![/quote]

Tuned in to the last 5 minutes of the game, and those 2 plays by Aube made it worth it.

He was cold as hell from the free throw line, but those were his first in game free throws since January 2nd.[/quote]

Cost us 5 points at the line, he was consistently slow on rotations, lucked into that one blocked shot. Or the time where he was too slow down the court and had to foul the guy so he didn’t take a wide open layup. Benas sucks and we all need to stop stumping for him to play.[/quote]

We don’t have better options. If we had a bench full of big men I would agree. Give the guy more minutes!

Cost us 5 points at the line, he was consistently slow on rotations, lucked into that one blocked shot. Or the time where he was too slow down the court and had to foul the guy so he didn’t take a wide open layup. Benas sucks and we all need to stop stumping for him to play.[/quote]

We don’t have better options. If we had a bench full of big men I would agree. Give the guy more minutes![/quote]

This and if nothing else, MAYBE it keeps other teams for game planning SO MUCH to pound us inside since the lineup will show a 7-footer inside instead of a 6-5 guy. :-[