clt suggests a new page on the forum for observer bashing

clt says recently the o ran a piece praising cpcc for offering book rentals for students.

clt saw this today, suggesting the observer didn’t even check with charlotte. http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/N/NC_TEXTBOOK_RENTALS_NCOL-?SITE=NCSAI&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I don’t follow. I have ideas on what you meant but I will hold them and ask that you just clarify your meaning.

[quote=“cltniners, post:1, topic:23554”]clt says recently the o ran a piece praising cpcc for offering book rentals for students.

clt saw this today, suggesting the observer didn’t even check with charlotte. http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/N/NC_TEXTBOOK_RENTALS_NCOL-?SITE=NCSAI&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT[/quote]

jfickett suggests we need an entirely new forum for observer bashing. Over49er can be the mod.

Make it like the political section where you have to ask to see it. I’m tired of seeing the same thread replicated 50 times a week.

In fact, just make a sticky with the following template:
“The O didn’t write a story about _________ but they did for ___(insert ACC school)___!”

[quote=“Hooner49, post:4, topic:23554”]Make it like the political section where you have to ask to see it. I’m tired of seeing the same thread replicated 50 times a week.

“The O didn’t write a story about _________ but they did for ___(insert ACC school)___!”[/quote]

same here, tired of it.

for clarification, i’m not saying we dont get a shit deal from the O. we do. they simply dont give a fuck about us and they never will, ever. they’ll be out of business before we know it, so its time to just let it go…we’ll definitely get the last laugh.

[quote=“moss2k, post:5, topic:23554”][quote=“Hooner49, post:4, topic:23554”]Make it like the political section where you have to ask to see it. I’m tired of seeing the same thread replicated 50 times a week.

“The O didn’t write a story about _________ but they did for ___(insert ACC school)___!”[/quote]

same here, tired of it.[/quote]

I remember people saying the same thing about topics related to how/why/when we should start a football program… ::slight_smile:

I dont understand why people just dont ignore the threads if they are tired of it. I hate baseball. When I see a thread on baseball I just ignore it. It works out well for everyone.

^

Cass- most the time it gets thrown in threads that aren’t directly about the observer.

And to the rest of you… Chipper and Over are going to be raging on you guys for supporting the Observer and being morons shortly :slight_smile:

[quote=“contemptor, post:10, topic:23554”]Cass- most the time it gets thrown in threads that aren’t directly about the observer.

And to the rest of you… Chipper and Over are going to be raging on you guys for supporting the Observer and being morons shortly :)[/quote]

I’ve been call an Observer apologist before by Metro. I’m tired of the lack of coverage but having a pissing match over it on an online forum is just annoying.

Quality, quality post.

You don’t see threads like this on ACC schools’ message boards, probably because they get all the Observer coverage while we don’t.

Does that make anyone else mad?

I never notice this really. I feel like most O bashing threads are clearly marked and easy to pick out.

[quote=“J Felt, post:13, topic:23554”]You don’t see threads like this on ACC schools’ message boards, probably because they get all the Observer coverage while we don’t.

Does that make anyone else mad?[/quote]

I once saw a thread on the UNC board discussing how it was better for the ACC if schools like us did NOT receive our proper coverage. That made me mad. And I’m pretty sure a poster from this board was on the UNC board defending our poor coverage. That really made me mad.

Moving Observer threads to a seperate forum will do no good. Poor Observer coverage is one of the leading detractors of 49er Athletics. The poor coverage needs to be made public.

I just had a better idea. Maybe everyone criticizing the Observer should be banned. We’ve already lost Metro, Gill, and Over. Let’s get rid of all the other troublemakers too.

Metro and Gill quit of their own volition. I believe Over is on sabbatical.

I don’t want to take Metro’s “rook” approach. But it appears that most of the guys tired of the Observer bashing are younger fans. It’s easier to say “just let it go” if you’ve only been exposed to it for a few years. Perhaps Over and Metro said that at one time too. But when a few years, turns into 10, turns into 20, and you realize “damn, it’s still happening”, then I can see somebody reaching a breaking point.

Having said that, I think it can be overkill if a poster bashes the Observer in 90% of their posts.

[quote=“Hooner49, post:11, topic:23554”][quote=“contemptor, post:10, topic:23554”]Cass- most the time it gets thrown in threads that aren’t directly about the observer.

And to the rest of you… Chipper and Over are going to be raging on you guys for supporting the Observer and being morons shortly :)[/quote]

I’ve been call an Observer apologist before by Metro. I’m tired of the lack of coverage but having a pissing match over it on an online forum is just annoying.[/quote]

I think that is what led to those other two fellows packing up and quitting. I am sure others have left too. Honestly though, I’ve had all the time in the world lately to be reading this message board but haven’t. I need to change this and keep up with the politics on here.

clt says this is why we need a page to bash the o. inevitably most post have an o bashing comment or two.

clt out, gotta strAP DOWN THE ZEP.