clt suggests a new page on the forum for observer bashing

Salisbury Post gave us better coverage? Damn! :o

true. i think it’s because they just don’t care as much. or maybe they are getting tweets from observer staff members. we all know how distorted that can be.

Having said that, I think it can be overkill if a poster bashes the Observer in 90% of their posts.

who did that? i think even over posted observer complaints less than half the time.

i have no problem with someone defending the o. but it works both ways. they should have no problem with us NINER fans who want the public to know about us. they often do have a problem though. some of them often appear to be more concerned about the o than the Niners.

wrong answer, bud.

[quote=“TiredoftheU, post:19, topic:23554”][quote=“Hooner49, post:11, topic:23554”][quote=“contemptor, post:10, topic:23554”]Cass- most the time it gets thrown in threads that aren’t directly about the observer.

And to the rest of you… Chipper and Over are going to be raging on you guys for supporting the Observer and being morons shortly :)[/quote]

I’ve been call an Observer apologist before by Metro. I’m tired of the lack of coverage but having a pissing match over it on an online forum is just annoying.[/quote]

I think that is what led to those other two fellows packing up and quitting. I am sure others have left too.[/quote]
Metro quit because of the following:
He’s a drama queen
He didn’t want to own up to being really wrong several times
He was fed up with people on here
He was tired of where he saw the school going, or at least talking about it so much
He wanted to spend more time with his family

Gill didn’t quit completely because of the debating/fighting on here. He will be missed, but his departure is not a direct result of the antics on this message board.

No one (to my knowledge) has been like driven from the board or whatever. Any persecution or fighting or whatever is overblown. People talk smack or get under your skin or whatever… things can get heated but it’s nothing to flip bricks about and go running off and deleting your account. If someone really pisses you off, screw em, stand your ground. This all really isn’t that big of a deal.

Honestly though, I've had all the time in the world lately to be reading this message board but haven't. I need to change this and keep up with the politics on here.
I mean... it's a cool place but I think your talking it up a bit much. Some threads are really interesting (usually during the season), but a lot of stuff is mindless discussion and fluff over crap we have no control over (the stadium, the fball coach). Justified whining about UNC, the UNC System, and the Big O, and people whining about them whining, and them whining about those people whining about them whining about UNC and the System and the Big O.

Discussions about the name change are good, something that maybe could pick up steam here like football did. Topics about news relating to the school are usually worthwhile.

Usually a few worthwhile OT discussions. Politics forum is still sweet imo, though there’s only a few of us left lol.

Recruiting forum is $.

But I mean, there’s usually a lot of crap in the summer and you def don’t need to feel like prioritizing this place for now. Maybe in Oct/Nov. And you should ask the Admins for a new name lol.

true.

No one (to my knowledge) has been like driven from the board or whatever. Any persecution or fighting or whatever is overblown. People talk smack or get under your skin or whatever..

almost true. but i think we may have lost one of the biggest Niner fans we’ve ever had.

who was around when mike p threatened to sue 7 or 8 of us because we criticized his paper? he pulled an article about a NINER WIN and then threatened to sue when we complained about it. i doubt that would happen today. my guess is he would get by with that crap. and if someone complained on this board certain posters would complain about the observer bashing.

this board has lost too many true Niner fans.

and why was this thread moved to university news and notes? is the observer editor one of the mods now?

almost true. but i think we may have lost one of the biggest Niner fans we’ve ever had.[/quote]
Who? metro? The dude emoquit.

[quote=“LakeNorman49er, post:26, topic:23554”]who was around when mike p threatened to sue 7 or 8 of us because we criticized his paper? he pulled an article about a NINER WIN and then threatened to sue when we complained about it. i doubt that would happen today. my guess is he would get by with that crap. and if someone complained on this board certain posters would complain about the observer bashing.

this board has lost too many true Niner fans.

and why was this thread moved to university news and notes? is the observer editor one of the mods now?[/quote]
This is absurd.

Aside from (dumb) people complaining about the people complaining, this is absurd.

almost true. but i think we may have lost one of the biggest Niner fans we’ve ever had.[/quote]
Who? metro? The dude emoquit.[/quote]

no. not metro.

Who? metro? The dude emoquit.[/quote]

no. not metro.[/quote]
But… I had just said he wasn’t driven from the board and you said true. ?

You Niners get a blog every weak. It dont make no since to bash the newspaper. Thats where I get all my sports news. I seen where my UNC team had a front page article every day for 3 weaks in a row.

clt daps ace for bringing brevity to this thread.

[b]I don’t want to take Metro’s “rook” approach. But it appears that most of the guys tired of the Observer bashing are younger fans. It’s easier to say “just let it go” if you’ve only been exposed to it for a few years. Perhaps Over and Metro said that at one time too. But when a few years, turns into 10, turns into 20, and you realize “damn, it’s still happening”, then I can see somebody reaching a breaking point.

Having said that, I think it can be overkill if a poster bashes the Observer in 90% of their posts.
[/b][/quote]

Nice post.

Not really an Observer bash but I think the first comment poster on this OpEd got the real story the O should be publishing right, if he does say so himself.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/07/14/1560715/cmc-mental-health-changes-are.html

clt daps ace for bringing brevity to this thread.[/quote]

What is brevity? It aint fare for me to bring brevity if I aint got no idea what it is.

clt daps ace for bringing brevity to this thread.[/quote]

What is brevity? It aint fare for me to bring brevity if I aint got no idea what it is.

clt says don’t worry about it ace, you’ll never need to use it in your day to day life. now run along, read the observer, go buy a unc-chap hat @ wal mart and listen to packman.[/quote]

If you were wondering what John Henson eats for breakfast, Robbi Pickral reveals all in today’s Big O. You have to unwrap someone’s fish to read it though. I tried to find it online to make the appropriate comment and it wasn’t there. Maybe the O pulled it after realizing how amazingly stupid it was. Journalism at its absolutely finest.

I will say this… they had that article on Barnes and how he dropped 30 or whatever and it was just him and his two teammates getting it done… Duke’s freshman Kyrie Irving dropped 35 and there wasn’t a peep… found that a bit funny. Meanwhile, nothing on the local summer league.

I just stopped paying attention to the Observer all together. I couldn’t tell you what they write, since I have no interest in visiting their website, or have no interest in picking up a hard copy.

The funny thing is, with all the threads/posts on the Observer on here, the O has to be pretty happy with those people who keep going over to their website or picking up one of their papers, to see what they can bash on next.

Ninerballin, G-ma has a subscription, that’s the ONLY reason I even see the O.