clt wants fancy helmets too

http://www.fastcodesign.com/1663020/how-nikes-visual-tricks-made-oregon-look-fast-despite-defeat

My high school baseball coach always wanted us to wear white spikes because he said that they made us “look fast”. Since when does looking fast actually make you fast? Oregon’s offensive linemen did not look fast, and obviously, Auburn’s defense did not have much of a problem slowing the Ducks down. I would actually rather be fast than look fast.

Funny you say that. The other day I was watching ESPN and they were talking about how Penn States Joe Paterno noticed this phenomenon one day while watching film. From then on he made his players wear black cleats so that when other teams watched film, they would think that they were slow. Thus, on game day, Penn State would be able to outrun the opposing team because the opposition focused less on speed and more on other facets of the game during practice.

White pants, black cleats will make you look slow.

Hopefully Coach ________ takes that and runs with it.

Funny you say that. The other day I was watching ESPN and they were talking about how Penn States Joe Paterno noticed this phenomenon one day while watching film. From then on he made his players wear black cleats so that when other teams watched film, they would think that they were slow. Thus, on game day, Penn State would be able to outrun the opposing team because the opposition focused less on speed and more on other facets of the game during practice.[/quote]

That’s exactly what I used to debate with my coach. Wouldn’t you want to wear the dark-colored cleats so that the opposition thought that you couldn’t run? Then when you do, they’re surprised.

I think the whole argument is pointless, but in that mind of thinking you should try to fool the other team into a way that helps you. If you’re slow and try to look fast, they’re not going to have any problem catching you or throwing you out when you try to steal.

Funny you say that. The other day I was watching ESPN and they were talking about how Penn States Joe Paterno noticed this phenomenon one day while watching film. From then on he made his players wear black cleats so that when other teams watched film, they would think that they were slow. Thus, on game day, Penn State would be able to outrun the opposing team because the opposition focused less on speed and more on other facets of the game during practice.[/quote]

That’s exactly what I used to debate with my coach. Wouldn’t you want to wear the dark-colored cleats so that the opposition thought that you couldn’t run? Then when you do, they’re surprised.

I think the whole argument is pointless, but in that mind of thinking you should try to fool the other team into a way that helps you. If you’re slow and try to look fast, they’re not going to have any problem catching you or throwing you out when you try to steal.[/quote]

I’ve seen you run. They could put rocket boosters on your spikes and you wouldn’t look fast.

I think the whole argument is pointless, but in that mind of thinking you should try to fool the other team into a way that helps you. If you’re slow and try to look fast, they’re not going to have any problem catching you or throwing you out when you try to steal.[/quote]

I’ve seen you run. They could put rocket boosters on your spikes and you wouldn’t look fast.[/quote]

If you were the one trying to throw me out, I could walk and still not have to slide.

Applies. I think.

http://gizmodo.com/5732813/designing-a-helmet-that-beats-concussion-and-still-looks-awesome

[quote=“Gill, post:8, topic:24750”]Applies. I think.

http://gizmodo.com/5732813/designing-a-helmet-that-beats-concussion-and-still-looks-awesome[/quote]

Good find. They also don’t infer that this helmet will “prevent” concussions. Reducing the number of them by absorbing the energy from the collision is all that they can hope to accomplish. Good looking helmet, too.