clt's state of the state

clt’s current ranking of athletic programs in nc:

1. unc-b: 2 national football championships in a row and a bball team worthy of an at large bid
  2. wake forest: best football team in state
  3. unc-ch: basketball team is good, wal mart sales continue to be strong
  4. duke: lacrosse is back on the field and basketball is good, not great
  5. unc-r: basketball is ok, football has new coach
  6. unc-p: football is on the way
  7. unc-gre:clt assumes they are still competing
  8. charlotte: basketball is a joke, mens golf is excellent, becoming known as a football school

all other schools are irrelevant.

unc-b has passed us by. we HAVE to get football and we need to kick their ass.

baseball swept uva - blacksburg

Worth noting about UNC Greensboro: their dance team, the Spartan Gs, doesn’t look as nice at the Golddusters overall, but they don’t all look as though they came out of the same cookie cutter mold. It’s sure nice to see the hair moving around when they dance.

clt says if he was ranking the state of the ladies, charlotte would be a clear number one.

I assume this doesn’t take into account any women’s programs? If it does, then UNC-CH should be higher.

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;219309]I assume this doesn’t take into account any women’s programs? If it does than, UNC-CH should be higher.[/QUOTE]

clt is confused. women play sports?

This thread is a joke right? If it was intended as serious, read on. If it was a joke, then don’t bother to read on.

Is there any dose of realism on this board? Any at all? It’s ok to hate, and to even be a “hater”. But let’s do it with a dose of realism. This board just looks mickey mouse otherwise, it looks like we’re bed-wetters who can’t look at anything realistically.

Even without ladies sports, UNC-CH is clearly #1 in the state. So what if you have back to back I-AA championships? … outside North Carolina I’d bet that over 50% of I-A football fans can’t tell you that, and I’m sure that’s higher I’m just being generous … CH still gets crowds as large or larger for football with a crap team, they just hired a former national champion coach with NFL experience and signed like three all-americans including one stolen from Charlie Weis … If a national championship falls in the forest, but only fans from the two schools playing in the game are there to hear it, does it make a sound?

CH’s basketball team isn’t a borderline team from a bad conference, it’s in first place in one of the top 2 or 3 conferences and a likely #1 seed … and oh yeah, I think their baseball team made the College World Series. Add women’s sports and you can’t even have this list without a clear preface that it’s a joke.

baseball swept uva - blacksburg

VT is not associated with UVA. wow. …WOW i hope that was a joke

clt asks if you are actually mike p in disguise.

unc ch is the most overrated entity in the universe.

[QUOTE=Brick Tamland, Weather;219317]This thread is a joke right? If it was intended as serious, read on. If it was a joke, then don’t bother to read on.

Is there any dose of realism on this board? Any at all? It’s ok to hate, and to even be a “hater”. But let’s do it with a dose of realism. This board just looks mickey mouse otherwise, it looks like we’re bed-wetters who can’t look at anything realistically.

Even without ladies sports, UNC-CH is clearly #1 in the state. So what if you have back to back I-AA championships? … outside North Carolina I’d bet that over 50% of I-A football fans can’t tell you that, and I’m sure that’s higher I’m just being generous … CH still gets crowds as large or larger for football with a crap team, they just hired a former national champion coach with NFL experience and signed like three all-americans including one stolen from Charlie Weis … If a national championship falls in the forest, but only fans from the two schools playing in the game are there to hear it, does it make a sound?

CH’s basketball team isn’t a borderline team from a bad conference, it’s in first place in one of the top 2 or 3 conferences and a likely #1 seed … and oh yeah, I think their baseball team made the College World Series. Add women’s sports and you can’t even have this list without a clear preface that it’s a joke.[/QUOTE]

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the Chapel Hill version of NinerID! :biggrin:

Brick you sound like Winston at the end of 1984.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the Chapel Hill version of NinerID! :biggrin:

i’ll agree with that.

How did SCK get clt’s password and start this thread?

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;219325]Brick you sound like Winston at the end of 1984.[/QUOTE]

Classic!

Now… How could anyone think that clt would start a thread as a joke? :smile:

As for where chapel hill stands… I think their real claim to fame is that they rank in the TOP 10 for percentage of gay students on campus. Of course, that’s the one national ranking for chapel hill that you will NOT read about in the Observer.

Go figure.

Nonetheless, the rainbows still have the bets program in the state.

Hate to say it but the only athletic program at Charlotte that is struggling is Men’s basketball. The others are clearly on the upswing.

Just off the top of my head (someone feel free to post the specifics, I may have left someone out)

-Baseball 5-1, picked to win A-10, new stadium underway
-Women’s basketball: 21 straight at home, upper half of Conf
-Women’s soccer: A10 champs, returning all but one player
-Softball: defending conf champs, off to a great start
-Track: swept mens and womens titles the last couple of years
-Golf: A10 champs, #23 in the country, NCAA tourney
-Tennis: Men’s finished 2nd last year
-Men’s soccer, above average record, just hired successful coach

It was 22 straight, but you’ve got a point. I’m skeptical about men’s soccer and volleyball as both are starting with new coaches, but Charlotte athletics isn’t at an all time low or anything. But, if you’ll remember, women’s sports don’t count, so you can strike off half of those. :slight_smile:

the other sports are doing very well, the sad thing is basketball pays the bills.

[QUOTE=ninerID;219388]the other sports are doing very well, the sad thing is basketball pays the bills.[/QUOTE]

…and the only one 98% of students and alumni care about.

I don’t think you could say that a whole 98% of the students and alumni at UNCC care about Charlotte athletics at all.

[QUOTE=ninerID;219326]i’ll agree with that.

How did SCK get clt’s password and start this thread?[/QUOTE]

I wasn’t going to even read this thread but everything else sucked so…

and then I read this, thats some good shit. Don’t forget to call him snowcone.