Coach - 1st LIVE impression

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wow.

I didn’t know we hired Ben Stein’s less energetic younger brother as our first football coach!!

I hope he can coach because he sure as hell doesn’t look or sound like a larger than life speaker/salesman that will reach this city…or fan base with his candor, passion and enthusiasm.

The only thing less than inspiring than his live speech…was the god-awful video promo afterwards.

Is it not too much to ask to show some emotion and excitement…if you are to be the leader of a program that needs a big time shot in the arm for local support??

I’d like to hear other chime in on this as well. Was it really that bad?

No, I thought it was fine. With our great PA system, I couldn’t understand it all but he seemed very genuine and comfortable as he walked around and to/from each side of the court. He even threw a football into 104 and said something about “wanting the first pass to be completed to Niner Nation”.

Sometimes reading this board feels like an exercise in self hatred for me. I must not like myself enough, because every day I come here and subject myself to yet another diatribe of fellow self-hating Niners who can’t be happy with any damn thing. The coach can’t talk, the coach can’t get donors, the coach can’t recruit. s***, I can be talking about either Lambert or Major or both, doesn’t f***ing matter someone here will always have a problem with everything. I know message boards are more about bitching than anything else but f*** people, be f***ing happy for one damn time in the history of this program outside of March 1977.

No, I thought it was fine. With our great PA system, I couldn’t understand it all but he seemed very genuine and comfortable as he walked around and to/from each side of the court. He even threw a football into 104 and said something about “wanting the first pass to be completed to Niner Nation”.[/quote]

Agree - I thought he did fine. What do you expect out of him given a brief timeout. He was very good in his press conference and it is the face to face hand shaking that we really need.

I’m kind of pissed sparks didn’t fly out of his ass and I kind of wish he would have speared Dubois.

What he said!

What he said![/quote]

I’m with ya 49R

[quote=“TRLeader, post:1, topic:25092”]zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wow.

I didn’t know we hired Ben Stein’s less energetic younger brother as our first football coach!!

I hope he can coach because he sure as hell doesn’t look or sound like a larger than life speaker/salesman that will reach this city…or fan base with his candor, passion and enthusiasm.[/quote]
I wasn’t at the game today, but I went to the presser with a negative predisposition and came away liking the guy FWIW. He’s not the world’s best public speaker, but he conveys his message well enough to get me excited about fball and feel confident in our future.

The only thing less than inspiring than his live speech...was the god-awful video promo afterwards.

Is it not too much to ask to show some emotion and excitement…if you are to be the leader of a program that needs a big time shot in the arm for local support??

You’re not talking about this, right?
Video Message From Coach Lambert

Yea, this performance could be better, but it’s really not that bad. There’s vocal enthusiasm there early on and visible enthusiasm later when it mattered.

QFMFT

QFMFT[/quote]

QFMFT[/quote]

QFMFT[/quote][/quote]

I was able to meet him and his wife and kids. We were able to talk for 3-4 minutes and he seemed very excited yet humble by everything that is happening.

I thought he did fine but this just pointed out that either a) we have a shitty sound system in Halton or b) the audio crew CANNOT set the balance right for vocals.

I thought Lambert’s appearance was fine and made me feel good til now. Yep, I too am getting weary of the constant negativity and damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don’t attitudes. I guess I could just not come on here…naaaaaah. GO NINERS!!

The coach is way cool. The first post is not.

I think Lambert will work out fine. The first thing he did was find a steal in our new offensive coordinator.

nm

[quote=“scollie41, post:14, topic:25092”]I was able to meet him and his wife and kids. We were able to talk for 3-4 minutes and he seemed very excited yet humble by everything that is happening.

I thought he did fine but this just pointed out that either a) we have a shitty sound system in Halton or b) the audio crew CANNOT set the balance right for vocals.[/quote]

The sound crew could have helped him out by cutting the Rocky music off while he spoke.

I had a chance to meet Coach Lambert and his family for a brief moment as well. They seem genuine. I like that. It’s nice to have someone representing our football program who knows the right things to say and is not intent on lowering expectations.

[size=6]Smile Bastards! We are a football school now![/size]