Coach Cal Loses

Well, Coach Cal lost 5 Wildcats to the NBA today, including 4 freshmen.

This is related to 49er Sports how?

Nobody saw this coming

[quote=“The Lax, post:2, topic:22988”]This is related to 49er Sports how?[/quote]Hey, that’s my response! :stuck_out_tongue:

Geez I don’t know TheLax and Run. Guess about the same as Huggy Bear thread has something to do with Niner sports. Guess I’ll go
back and read that thread to see if you chimed in there too. Sorry for helping keep this board abreast about college basketball news about
a coach we “used to” play every friggin year until we left CUSA on our own.

[quote=“The Lax, post:2, topic:22988”]This is related to 49er Sports how?[/quote]Because a loss for Cal is good news for Niners?

[quote=“wakeniner, post:5, topic:22988”]Geez I don’t know TheLax and Run. Guess about the same as Huggy Bear thread has something to do with Niner sports. Guess I’ll go
back and read that thread to see if you chimed in there too. Sorry for helping keep this board abreast about college basketball news about
a coach we “used to” play every friggin year until we left CUSA on our own.[/quote]Over49er appreciates any good news about Coach Cal’s misfortunes.

Fixed. :wink:

Did they sign agents?

[quote=“wakeniner, post:5, topic:22988”]Geez I don’t know TheLax and Run. Guess about the same as Huggy Bear thread has something to do with Niner sports. Guess I’ll go
a coach we “used to” play every friggin year until we left CUSA on our own.[/quote]
Huggy Bear thread was in the Collegiate Sports forum. -10 points for not knowing how to work NN.N

Nothing confirmed in any of the stories I’ve read, but found this in the ESPN story:

Players have until May 8 to change their minds, as long as they don't hire agents. It's highly unlikely any of the five players will come back for another season with the Wildcats.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5064967

So how long till, CJ Leslie, Terrence Jones, Brandon Knight, Doron Lamb and Josh Shelby commit to Kentucky?!?! I’ll go with 3 weeks.

Depends on how much cash is left in the UK coffers. They spent a lot on the ones that are leaving. :o :stuck_out_tongue:

Nothing confirmed in any of the stories I’ve read, but found this in the ESPN story:

Players have until May 8 to change their minds, as long as they don't hire agents. It's highly unlikely any of the five players will come back for another season with the Wildcats.

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5064967]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5064967[/url][/quote]

That’s great news.

It’s really an interesting situation when you think about it… if you were a top 25 recruit and you know you have to go to school for one year what are the two things you would care about the most…

1. Playing time, being able to start right away.
  2. Winning, these guys don’t want to lose…

Cal has it set up for them to do both right away, he won’t ever get any continuity with any of his teams but maybe he doesn’t care and he’s rolling the dice that one of these groups will have enough talent to out weigh the lack of experience and win a title…

[quote=“EE9er, post:15, topic:22988”]It’s really an interesting situation when you think about it… if you were a top 25 recruit and you know you have to go to school for one year what are the two things you would care about the most…

1. Playing time, being able to start right away.

2. Winning, these guys don’t want to lose…[/quote]

3. They will start at all but maybe 5 schools of all Division I teams.

4. Who doesn’t want to win.

Cal is a good salesman, but there’s a reason his previous 2 schools no longer have their Final Four banners. If Kentucky was the draw, where were these guys when Gillespie was there? He won at UTEP and Texas A&M. Why wouldn’t these Hamburger All-Americans play for him at UK? Could it be that Cal has “sweetened” the deal?

Oh my TheLax, I apologize for not having mastered the NN.N system. I envy you.

How long until the violations from this class come out?

[quote=“wayton5646, post:18, topic:22988”]How long until the violations from this class come out?[/quote]3 years.