Coach Lutz COY

Consider a team which 4 of 5 starters had never played D1 ball before this year,
A team which their top 3 frontcourt backups were all Freshman,
A team which 75% of all playing minutes went to players with no D1 experience before this season,
And that team won 20 games, went to Post Season, finished tied for 4th in a 14 team league,
beat 2 teams that finished the season nationaly ranked, beat 5 teams who are in this years big dance;
I would say this Coach deserves Coach of the year honors!!!

Consider a team which 4 of 5 starters had never played D1 ball before this year, A team which their top 3 frontcourt backups were all Freshman, A team which 75% of all playing minutes went to players with no D1 experience before this season, And that team won 20 games, went to Post Season, finished tied for 4th in a 14 team league, beat 2 teams that finished the season nationaly ranked, beat 5 teams who are in this years big dance; I would say this Coach deserves Coach of the year honors!!!

Not a chance. A coach of the year has to have the support of his fanbase.

Holy crap - The Kool Aid is reaching Jim Jones status.

[QUOTE=49erCC;307836]Consider a team which 4 of 5 starters had never played D1 ball before this year,
A team which their top 3 frontcourt backups were all Freshman,
A team which 75% of all playing minutes went to players with no D1 experience before this season,
And that team won 20 games, went to Post Season, finished tied for 4th in a 14 team league,
beat 2 teams that finished the season nationaly ranked, beat 5 teams who are in this years big dance;
I would say this Coach deserves Coach of the year honors!!![/QUOTE]

Why don’t you just call him Dad?..How about this…1)team lost to Monmouth and Hofstra,2 of worst D-1-teams…2)Amongst scholarships given by said coach were Sean Phaler,Jerrelle Lewis,Ian(sorry,I love the kid too,but he’s not D-1…3)Could not teach team a single elementary inbounds play…4)Team had WORST shooting % in entire conference(inability to run set plays for easier shots or show court discipline)…5)As many young players got worse or showed no improvement as did improve throughout year…(Dewhurst,Jones,Andersen)…I’ll stop there

Consider a team which 4 of 5 starters had never played D1 ball before this year, A team which their top 3 frontcourt backups were all Freshman, A team which 75% of all playing minutes went to players with no D1 experience before this season, And that team won 20 games, went to Post Season, finished tied for 4th in a 14 team league, beat 2 teams that finished the season nationaly ranked, beat 5 teams who are in this years big dance; I would say this Coach deserves Coach of the year honors!!!

Really? Are you serious? To be coach of the year, you actually have to coach well, and not just win by good players bailing you out with off the wall shots. And please, enough with this congratulating ourselves for “making it to the NIT.” For most teams this is either a bad, or just average season. We raise a ****ing banner. To not make the NIT, you have to A. not be a very good team (Monmouth, Hofstra), B. not except an invite.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Holy crap - The Kool Aid is reaching Jim Jones status.

uh, ok.

if you want to believe that.

enjoy yourself.

what’s next?

you gonna tell me that Bobby also deserves COY for last year, because no other coach could’ve 14 wins on of that group of misfit toys

I don’t know about COY talk… but Lutz was able to exceed expectations given our plight last season, the youth, and the number of first year players for us. I’ll give him credit for that for sure.

COY for lutz this year is the most ridiculous thing on this board in awhile

I don't know about COY talk... but Lutz was able to exceed expectations given our plight last season, the youth, and the number of first year players for us. I'll give him credit for that for sure.

I’ll give him credit for exceeding expectations, but the expectations we were given at the beginning of the season were wrong. Remember the “unproven” talks. Well, it turned out that our players were better athletes and stronger then we originally expected. Expectations are guesses. That’s it. I’ll say my quote that I have said before and I think it is very true. Good players make Bobby a good coach, Bobby does not make players better players.

I hope coach Lutz doesnt read this page. I think the coaches of the A-10 will decide whos the coach of the year. I certainly think Bobby Lutz has done an outstanding job this year and would be in the running (all considered). I think hes underpaid about a million dollars a year for all the things he has to put up with, in spite of the fact he had a very good year - exceeding expectations of most.

I hope coach Lutz doesnt read this page. I think the coaches of the A-10 will decide whos the coach of the year. I certainly think Bobby Lutz has done an outstanding job this year and would be in the running (all considered). I think hes underpaid about a million dollars a year for all the things he has to put up with, in spite of the fact he had a very good year - exceeding expectations of most.

Yeah, bc we should feel sorry for him bc he only makes $300,000 + a year to do what he loves. I think the man’s doing ok. Have you seen his house? For how much he makes, I hope he can take some criticism. I don’t make near that, and I get bitched at on a daily basis, most of the time for no reason. To put it in perspective, I used to work customer service/ sales for American Express. The people who work jobs like that get **** for pay and go through a lot more than what poor coach Lutz has to put up with.

So everyone that has posted so far in this thread doesn’t think he at least deserve’s some consideration? For one, COY is a league honor, so Monmouth would not be a factor in my opinion.

I’m just amazed at how negative everyone has been to this point. This same thread after the UMass win would have had a totally different feel to it.

[QUOTE=scollie41;307863]So everyone that has posted so far in this thread doesn’t think he at least deserve’s some consideration? For one, COY is a league honor, so Monmouth would not be a factor in my opinion.

I’m just amazed at how negative everyone has been to this point. This same thread after the UMass win would have had a totally different feel to it.[/QUOTE]

He definitely outperformed preseason expectations from almost everyone.

However, I think we underperformed based on how we entered conference play. Getting swept by Richmond and losing to Fordham not only kept us from the big dance, it showed that while we have gotten better, we’re still middle of the pack.

I think if we finish second or third and earn a bid, he wins COY. As it is, Xavier rolled through conference. They did it playing as a team. They deserve it. Shoot, Temple’s coach probably deserves it. Finished second in conference and won the tournament.

[QUOTE=scollie41;307863]So everyone that has posted so far in this thread doesn’t think he at least deserve’s some consideration? For one, COY is a league honor, so Monmouth would not be a factor in my opinion.

I’m just amazed at how negative everyone has been to this point. This same thread after the UMass win would have had a totally different feel to it.[/QUOTE]

Hate to tell you schollie…but when they vote for coy they don’t just look at conference games…Anyway,if they did,we were 9-7 in conference with 2 losses to Richmond and a loss to a pisspoor Fordham team.

So everyone that has posted so far in this thread doesn't think he at least deserve's some consideration? For one, COY is a league honor, so Monmouth would not be a factor in my opinion.

I’m just amazed at how negative everyone has been to this point. This same thread after the UMass win would have had a totally different feel to it.

No consideration at all for coach of the year. HE DOESN’T DESERVE IT!! And as “bandwagonish” as some people on here have been, even after the UMASS game, anyone with any logic at all about basketball would be saying the same thing as right now.

He definitely outperformed preseason expectations from almost everyone.

However, I think we underperformed based on how we entered conference play. Getting swept by Richmond and losing to Fordham not only kept us from the big dance, it showed that while we have gotten better, we’re still middle of the pack.

I think if we finish second or third and earn a bid, he wins COY. As it is, Xavier rolled through conference. They did it playing as a team. They deserve it. Shoot, Temple’s coach probably deserves it. Finished second in conference and won the tournament.

Fran Dunphy should’ve been A10 COY.

Im pretty sure this guy is talking National COTY for all you guys talking A10. The A10s COTY was Sean Miller of X.

EDIT: I’m a Lutz fan all the way, but calling for him to be COTY is a bit too much.

All joking aside, Lutz had a good year IMO… 20 wins with the new group and the schedule was a nice run… I get as pissed as anyone after the individual loss, but the sum was impressive IMO.

[QUOTE=lucky57;307865]Hate to tell you schollie…but when they vote for coy they don’t just look at conference games…Anyway,if they did,we were 9-7 in conference with 2 losses to Richmond and a loss to a pisspoor Fordham team.[/QUOTE]

I was assuming the first post was talking about a CONFERENCE award, not national.