Coach Lutz is not impressed with our basketball kn

How many times has Coach Lutz made a statement and then followed it with “the average fan does not understand” or “our fans just dont understand”. Tonights example, “A win at UAB is big, most of our fans just dont understand”.

I hope most of our true fans realize what a big win this was. I know I do. It is frustrating to hear him continually say that.

You would be an idiot to discount this win.

Best game of the year, anyone who disagrees should be shot. By a hairdryer.

[i]Originally posted by TheShowDawg[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 12:34 AM [b] You would be an idiot to discount this win. [/b]
...and you know how many of our "fans" don't have a clue.

What’s his name? The kid that wrot the UTimes article this week? Yeah, that’s him. Not a clue.

Actually. I am ashamed at how few people knew we had a game. Our imediate friends and groups know about our team and know the value of a win like tonight but I have to agree with Lutz on this one. The AVERAGE fan probably doesn’t grasp the value of a win like the one tonight.

Yeah, Bobby’s postgame pressers usually include the same old stuff, including “the average fan doesn’t understand” and such. It’s funny.

[i]Originally posted by TheShowDawg[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 12:34 AM [b] How many times has Coach Lutz made a statement and then followed it with "the average fan does not understand" or "our fans just dont understand". Tonights example, "A win at UAB is big, most of our fans just dont understand".

I hope most of our true fans realize what a big win this was. I know I do. It is frustrating to hear him continually say that.

You would be an idiot to discount this win. [/b]

Well good for Bobby.

Apparently he understands better than all of us that we just won our first game inside the top 100 rpi. Guess what Lutz, you’ve beat one team that is actually worth a sh*t. Congradulations and thanks for the condescending remarks.
I can’t believe some fans don’t like you. :frowning:

I am just glad that Pi is such a Lutz fan.

[i]Originally posted by switchfoot[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 12:42 AM [b] I am just glad that Pi is such a Lutz fan. [/b]
I'm just glad that swichfoot is so original. Just like his username.

Lutz can be a tool. What other coach in the countyr would let Plav-brick have the permanent graeeen light?

here we go. another rumble thread.

Hsas any hall of fame coach ever said “the average fan woldn’t understand”

I"m telling Judy Rose nexyt timej I see her at Picassos University for an away game.

That Hall-of-Fame Coach would be named Bobby Knight. I think he leads the nation in quotes like that actually. He’s done alright for himself.
-G-

For all the Plavich fans, he also pointed out that Plavich did much more than shoot the ball. 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal to go with 5-10 from three. He’s not shooting as many and still hitting at over 40%.

[b]Lutz can be a tool. What other coach in the countyr would let Plav-brick have the permanent graeeen light?[/b]

Most any coach that isn’t stuck in the 50’s would give him the green light when he’s hitting 42.2% from behind the arc. 5-10 last night, and 57-135 on the year. What’s to complain about? His 3-pt FG% is almost as good as Withers total FG% (42.7). :eek: :o :huh:

[b]For all the Plavich fans, he also pointed out that Plavich did much more than shoot the ball.[/b]

Did he point out all the times Plavich got torched because they were numerous.

If Eddins had 23, it appears that Plavich getting “torched” was the least of our worries on defense. :wink: Looks like we gave up too many layups on the interior again.

I owe my wife big time for last night. I got out of a meeting at 8:30 last night and had an hour ride home. My wife logged onto Ninernation.net and started the yahoo broadcast. She put her cell phone inside a pair of headphones plugged into the computer so I could listen to the first half on my headset on the way home. She would check in every once in a while to see how we were doing.

To top it off, she taped Lost for me. I’m a lucky man. I’ll make a basketball fan out of her yet.

[i]Originally posted by TheShowDawg[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 12:34 AM [b] How many times has Coach Lutz made a statement and then followed it with "the average fan does not understand" or "our fans just dont understand". Tonights example, "A win at UAB is big, most of our fans just dont understand".

You would be an idiot to discount this win. [/b]

Unfreakin believable. Even after a win like last night some of you can still find stuff to bitch about. :rolleyes:

Newsflash, the people that post on this board…he wasn’t talking about you. No one who posts on this board is the “average” fan of the Niners. The “average” fan of the Niners are the morons that cheer when a tarhole score is announced or wear tarhole gear to our games. The “average” fan is one that doesn’t camp out, doesn’t show up for any game not on TV and when they do show up it’s only for Cincy or Louisville.

And I’m sure it keeps Lutz up at night that some of our fans don’t like him. I know it keeps me up. :rolleyes:

MeinShaft,

Your a truely lucky man!

[i]Originally posted by MeinShaft[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 09:57 AM [b] I owe my wife big time for last night. I got out of a meeting at 8:30 last night and had an hour ride home. My wife logged onto Ninernation.net and started the yahoo broadcast. She put her cell phone inside a pair of headphones plugged into the computer so I could listen to the first half on my headset on the way home. She would check in every once in a while to see how we were doing.

To top it off, she taped Lost for me. I’m a lucky man. I’ll make a basketball fan out of her yet. [/b]

Ever hear of 610am (WFNZ). They broadcast all niner games.
[i]Originally posted by Niner03+Jan 13 2005, 12:02 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Niner03 @ Jan 13 2005, 12:02 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-MeinShaft[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 09:57 AM [b] I owe my wife big time for last night. I got out of a meeting at 8:30 last night and had an hour ride home. My wife logged onto Ninernation.net and started the yahoo broadcast. She put her cell phone inside a pair of headphones plugged into the computer so I could listen to the first half on my headset on the way home. She would check in every once in a while to see how we were doing.

To top it off, she taped Lost for me. I’m a lucky man. I’ll make a basketball fan out of her yet. [/b]
Ever hear of 610am (WFNZ). They broadcast all niner games. [/b][/quote]
I’m guessing he doesn’t live in Charlotte and once you get 1 mile outside the city limits, the WFNZ’s signal disappears…

[i]Originally posted by Niner03[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 11:02 AM [b] Ever hear of 610am (WFNZ). They broadcast all niner games. [/b]
That's fine if you live within a 500-yard radius of their studio on South Boulevard...