Coach Lutz won -loss vs Cal, etc..

[QUOTE=Chisox17;400758]haha I remember that. It definitely was an airball, not an alley oop that Calvin dunked in. We freakin lucked out BIGTIME.[/QUOTE]
Well, thatā€™s true. Demon heaved it toward the basket falling down, IIRC, and Calvin cleaned up the mess. Their fans were pissed.

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;400768]Well, thatā€™s true. Demon heaved it toward the basket falling down, IIRC, and Calvin cleaned up the mess. Their fans were pissed.[/QUOTE]

That was a fun trip. Until we lostā€¦

[QUOTE=Normmm;400766]Not completely true? How about not even partially true.[/QUOTE]

Well, it isnā€™t true in that we never lost those games after big wins, especially since most of our worst losses have been OOC. But we certainly have hurt ourselves with bad losses in the past.

[QUOTE=49erAlumnus;400771]That was a fun trip. Until we lostā€¦[/QUOTE]

That was a different game, we won that game.

[QUOTE=919R;400736]not trueā€¦despite how often posters claim it.[/QUOTE]

No, not really true. It just happens often enough that is seems true.

Well, it isn't true in that we never lost those games after big wins, especially since most of our worst losses have been OOC. But we certainly have hurt ourselves with bad losses in the past.
Our bigger issue seems to have been the early season tournaments, probably more harmful to our post-season aspirations than the occasional slack performance against bad teams. But more recently our play has been more up-and-down, fitting the pattern better than in the early 2000's.
Well, it isn't true in that we never lost those games after big wins, especially since most of our worst losses have been OOC. But we certainly have hurt ourselves with bad losses in the past.

The original post seemed to be asking a genuine question, about how he was curious of Lutzā€™s record against certain coaches. He got one of the reoccurring NNN responses of ā€œMonfstraā€. I just donā€™t have the energy. You guys have a fun off season.

[QUOTE=Normmm;400892]The original post seemed to be asking a genuine question, about how he was curious of Lutzā€™s record against certain coaches. He got one of the reoccurring NNN responses of ā€œMonfstraā€. I just donā€™t have the energy. You guys have a fun off season.[/QUOTE]

I believe the term is Mofstra. Or you could try Hofmouth, but its not near as popular.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;400691]We only lost to ECU once and it was at their house. They had, back then, beaten some solid squads. They beat MU a couple of times there I believe.[/QUOTE]

What about Saint Louis? Coach Lutzā€™ record couldnā€™t have been good against them. They always seemed to jump up and bite us in the early 2000ā€™s. Even the Rodney White team.

What about Saint Louis? Coach Lutz' record couldn't have been good against them. They always seemed to jump up and bite us in the early 2000's. Even the Rodney White team.
Wasn't St Louis similar to Marquette? We seemed to usually beat them in Halton but lost at their place.
Wasn't St Louis similar to Marquette? We seemed to usually beat them in Halton but lost at their place.

Still that way for SLU, except I think they took one here in 05-06 when Voyoukas played for them.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;400941]Still that way for SLU, except I think they took one here in 05-06 when Voyoukas played for them.[/QUOTE]

Yep and the only way we have beat them there is Withers dropping about 40 and even then it took overtime!

I just remember them beating us at home in 2000-2001 season with Rodney White when we were a much better team.

I just remember them beating us at home in 2000-2001 season with Rodney White when we were a much better team.

Theyā€™ve only beaten us once (maybe twice) here and weā€™ve only beaten them once in STLā€¦pretty even, unfortunately.

Rodney didn't play that game. That was during the stretch he was out with the sprained knee.

That was a tough stretch. They wouldnā€™t let him play in the game at Cincy (he was dominating so the refs decided to give him 5 cheap foulsā€¦ that was also the game KenKay got his lip split). Then at home against USF he hurt his knee and missed the next five.

Rodney didn't play that game. That was during the stretch he was out with the sprained knee.

That was a tough stretch. They wouldnā€™t let him play in the game at Cincy (he was dominating so the refs decided to give him 5 cheap foulsā€¦ that was also the game KenKay got his lip split). Then at home against USF he hurt his knee and missed the next five.

Man, I remember the 5 cheap fouls. I remember Rodney throwing his arms up in disbelief.

How about beating Denny Crum and Louisville by 40 in Freedom Hall? Yeah, they were bad but it was still Louisville in Freedom Hall. It pretty much ended Crumā€™s career. Same goes for Fogler at USC.

That was a fun trip. Until we lost...

We won in overtime.

How about beating Denny Crum and Louisville by 40 in Freedom Hall? Yeah, they were bad but it was still Louisville in Freedom Hall. It pretty much ended Crum's career. Same goes for Fogler at USC.

Did consistently well against DePaul too. 3-3 doesnā€™t seem right for Greenberg either. Didnā€™t we play USF more than 6 times under Lutz. Maybe Iā€™m thinking Watkins, but 6 seems low.