Coach Mox to the Terps

Sorry if this has already been posted, but check top story (link to story was incredibly long):

Baltimore Sun

Rob’s done a great job here, but has always loved the Terps. Time to get Kummer back into the recruiting game.

Boy Coach Lutz sure does have a hard time keeping assistants…Odom, Early, Nickleberry and now Moxley. I guess dollars and a bigger name must be the difference.

Interesting. Rob did a very good job for us, IMO. Landed some talented guys, filled holes with JUCOS and got a lot of scoring from our guards. Too bad if he’s moving on.

It seems logical to slide everyone up and hire a new Dir of Ops.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Apr 14 2005, 10:59 AM [b] Interesting. Rob did a very good job for us, IMO. Landed some talented guys, filled holes with JUCOS and got a lot of scoring from our guards. Too bad if he's moving on.

It seems logical to slide everyone up and hire a new Dir of Ops. [/b]

New Dir. of Bball Oper. = Brendan Plavich

We need to bring John Bennet home, he is/was and assistant at Coastal. He would be a great addition to the staff.

Until we can pay the dollars to keep our top basketball assistants there should be no talk of adding football. Not at this time.

[i]Originally posted by max[/i]@Apr 14 2005, 09:40 AM [b] I guess dollars and a bigger name must be the difference. [/b]
:lmao: :smirk: :lmao: :smirk: :lmao: :smirk: :lmao: :smirk: :lmao: :smirk:

Welcome to America, matey!!

Good for Rob… this should be an excellent opportunity for him to join the head coaching ranks at some point. Obviously lots of visibility in the ACC.

[i]Originally posted by max[/i]@Apr 14 2005, 09:40 AM [b] Boy Coach Lutz sure does have a hard time keeping assistants....Odom, Early, Nickleberry and now Moxley. I guess dollars and a bigger name must be the difference. [/b]
Good luck to Mr. Moxley. Hope things work well for him.

Having to fill Asst. positions on this team bothers me more than having search for a new Head Coach.

Too often, Lutz appears to be forced (by $$$$ or lack thereof) to do things such as sliding everyone up and hiring a new Dir. of Ops.

His peers go out & do legit. job searches. I doubt this will happen, but maybe Judy earned some dollars off the “basketball initiative” to put towards a real Asst. Coach search.

Otherwise, all this will be is Lutz losing his top Asst. and going out to search for new Dir. of Ops.

[i]Originally posted by OhioNiner[/i]@Apr 14 2005, 09:32 AM [b] Sorry if this has already been posted, but check top story (link to story was incredibly long):

Baltimore Sun

Rob’s done a great job here, but has always loved the Terps. Time to get Kummer back into the recruiting game. [/b]

Well, the obvious next question is…will this result in a home and home with the terps, as it did with Alabama?

Congrats & best of luck to Mox.

We have to find a way to better fund our assistant positions so we can hire and retain good people. Otherwise the job is going to continue to be a turnstyle.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAl[/i]@Apr 14 2005, 10:27 AM [b] It seems logical to slide everyone up and hire a new Dir of Ops. [/QUOTE] New Dir. of Bball Oper. = Brendan Plavich [/b]
Good call. :thumbsup: :grin: He can also coach the guards. :D

Can’t say I can find fault in a coach who is trying to position himself to get to that eventual prize - head coach! Sort of ironic that we’re talking about how Charlotte needs to do better to retain assistants while at the same time looks like we’re losing a guy to a top-tier ACC men’s hoops school that itself is losing coaches!

[i]Originally posted by 49erCC[/i]@Apr 14 2005, 11:49 AM [b] Until we can pay the dollars to keep our top basketball assistants there should be no talk of adding football. Not at this time. [/b]
Then you're talking about never. Because we're probably never going to have more money than Maryland, especially without having football.

clt throws his hat into the ring for dir of ops.

[i]Originally posted by BleednGreen[/i]@Apr 14 2005, 11:13 AM [b] Well, the obvious next question is....will this result in a home and home with the terps, as it did with Alabama? [/b]
i'ld be up for seeing gary williams lose his cool in halton :)
[i]Originally posted by Anborn+Apr 14 2005, 12:31 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Anborn @ Apr 14 2005, 12:31 PM)

How about bringing in someone outside of the family. Plavich I’m sure will be a great coach, but we need someone to help our guys get tougher, rebound better and play defense.

[b]we need someone to help our guys get tougher, rebound better and play defense. [/b]

Exactly. This would be a perfect situation to bring in a veteran, defensive oriented assistant, something I have been clamoring for all year.

Congrats to Rob.

We dont need too much stability in assistant coaches. If you never lose assistant coaches, its probably just because your team sucks and no one wants them. Good programs lose assistants.

Maybe Bobby will bring in Dick Harter to fill in for Moxley.