Coaches Hot Seat

Pay Scale = Reality !

All this data says is any coach who has the kind of success that our fans want, will be long gone, making seven figures somewhere else especially after football gets started, as we’ll have even less $'s for BB. We have not developed enough deep pocket donors who will anti up six figures a year, as needed, to fund athletics.

[QUOTE=gamer;297935]Keep an eye on DOH. If FAU and SMU win national championships in the next year or two, I say hire him.[/QUOTE]

I never understood the Doherty love, either. He was gifted a Chapel Hill team with senior Brendan Haywood in his 1st year as a coach - and has been horrendous ever since. Have you seen how much damage he’s done to a once respectable SMU program? He coached them to a #277 rpi (#311 out-of-conference) and they’ve lost to some god-awful squads.

[QUOTE=run49er;298309]What a stupid list! No way Giannani and Mooney are on the hot seat with what they are getting done at La Salle and Richmond, respectively. And why is Hobbs on the edge of the hot seat? Two straight NCAAs followed by what most thought would be a rebuilding year that got torpedoed by a season ending injury to the starting PG. If any A-10 coach should be on the list, it’s Whittenburg. Geez! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I couldn’t say it any better. Hey run - who are some assistants from notable programs that were hired to take over another university’s program in the past few years? Off the top of my head, I can think of Norm Roberts (Kansas asst to St. John’s HC) and Frank Haith (Texas asst to Miami (FL) HC)

[QUOTE=survivor45;298515][B]I never understood the Doherty love, either.[/B] He was gifted a Chapel Hill team with senior Brendan Haywood in his 1st year as a coach - and has been horrendous ever since. Have you seen how much damage he’s done to a once respectable SMU program? He coached them to a #277 rpi (#311 out-of-conference) and they’ve lost to some god-awful squads. . .
[/QUOTE]

gamer=blue fairy sympathizer or wanna be

Does that answer your question?

BTW Doh boy is another weeping fairy. And, why would we need a head coach that’s gonna breakdown and . . .cry anyway. :tongue:

Record as Head Coach
Season School Overall Record Conference Record Postseason
1999-2000 Notre Dame 22-15 8-8 NIT Finals
2000-01 North Carolina 26-7 13-3 NCAA Second Round
2001-02 North Carolina 8-20 4-12 -
2002-03 North Carolina 19-16 6-10 NIT Quarterfinals
2005-06 Florida Atlantic 15-13 14-6 -
2006-07 Southern Methodist 14-17 3-13 -
2007-08 Southern Methodist 8-16 2-9 -
All seasons 111-104 50-61

Thanks for the info on Matt, 89. Did you go to a lot of trouble looking up the stats to show you didn’t understand what was being alluded to?
Or do you keep the “blue fairy” info in your closet?

[QUOTE=run49er;298309]What a stupid list! No way Giannani and Mooney are on the hot seat with what they are getting done at La Salle and Richmond, respectively. And why is Hobbs on the edge of the hot seat? Two straight NCAAs followed by what most thought would be a rebuilding year that got torpedoed by a season ending injury to the starting PG. If any A-10 coach should be on the list, it’s Whittenburg. Geez! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I looked at that list and thought about how dumb it was. Bobby is the only real A10 coach on the hot seat, the others aren’t really even close.

[QUOTE=gamer;298529]Thanks for the info on Matt, 89. Did you go to a lot of trouble looking up the stats to show you didn’t understand what was being alluded to?
Or do you keep the “blue fairy” info in your closet?[/QUOTE]

You disappointed me on what so called the come back defending your beloved tar hoe.

For a “blue fairy wanna be” like yourself, I thought you would know beter than me. But, since you asked, I kept the info in my [B]W[/B]ater [B]C[/B]loset on the fairy blue roll. :shades:
The “weeping fairy” is a loser. Since you’re in the know and a tar hoe worshipper, let me ask you something. If roy ever decided not giving a damn about the tar hoes. Would they want to keep it blue and rehire doh boy back??? :lmao:

BTW, you’re quite welcome!

One more thing, nobody here gives a flyin’ rat’s derrière about your tar holes just in case you forgot.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;298536]Agreed, I looked at that list and thought about how dumb it was. Bobby is the only real A10 coach on the hot seat, the others aren’t really even close.[/QUOTE]
NB, I would still argue that Whittenburg is more on the hot seat than Bobby, though the Bronx Rams have started to make some noise down the stretch. Of course, if he were dismissed, then FU would probably lose out on a pretty decent 2008 class. Anyway, my 2 cents…