Coaches show last night

Anyone listen in? Recap?

Matt Johnson out with a concussion.
McNeill will be the #1, with Barden as the back-up. No rotation planned.
Floyd has his knee dinged, day to day.

[quote=ā€œchidave, post:2, topic:29852ā€]Matt Johnson out with a concussion.
Floyd has his knee dinged, day to day.[/quote]Thanks for that, I think.

Just give it to Barden and let him learn, please.

[quote=ā€œmoss2k, post:3, topic:29852ā€][quote=ā€œchidave, post:2, topic:29852ā€]Matt Johnson out with a concussion.
Floyd has his knee dinged, day to day.[/quote]Thanks for that, I think.

Just give it to Barden and let him learn, please.[/quote]

X2

IMG twitter says home game ticket stub gets you a free app at Blackfinn (up to $12) during coaches show, but I think theyā€™re trying to keep it a secretā€¦ Not sure if that was just for this week or what. #stealth

I didnā€™t know @CharlotteIMG was a thing.

Its now how you ask Twitter questions for the Coachesā€™ Show.

Coachā€™s show will be about basketball next week, Consuegra and Price will be there. There were a couple of other injuries, but I donā€™t recall the details. Ogunjobi was the player guest, and that is an impressive guy.

I remember seeing Devon Johnson with ice on his foot on Saturday, standing on the sidelines. Lambert said he injured his achilles on Saturday, the same injury that kept him out for a year and a half. He said they would know more on Tuesday. Has anyone heard anything?

My notes from 10/26 show. No particular order.

1. Kalif was getting finger worked on when Matt tried to punch it in from close. Said it has been bothering him and really hurt during ODU game. Almost ripped tip off.
  2. Nick Cook seems like a great guy; very motivated;
  3. Lee McNeil has a 3.9 GPA
  4. Coachā€™s show moving to Tuesday next 2 weeks due to Panthers MNF;
  5. Lambert knows Marshall very well. Talked about how good their RB is, and how we have to stop him and force their frosh QB into 3rd & long passing situations.

Also his yardage per passing attempt.

Buie has a dinged ankle, sounded like he may be out.

Also his yardage per passing attempt.[/quote]
:smiley:

[quote=ā€œNinerAdvocate, post:10, topic:29852ā€]My notes from 10/26 show. No particular order.

1. Kalif was getting finger worked on when Matt tried to punch it in from close. Said it has been bothering him and really hurt during ODU game. Almost ripped tip off.
  2. Nick Cook seems like a great guy; very motivated;
  3. Lee McNeil has a 3.9 GPA
  4. Coachā€™s show moving to Tuesday next 2 weeks due to Panthers MNF;
  5. Lambert knows Marshall very well. Talked about how good their RB is, and how we have to stop him and force their frosh QB into 3rd & long passing situations.[/quote]

So, Iā€™m assuming no questions regarding changes being made at QB? Or was it stated that Lee will continue to be our guy?

Have we been covering the point spread? Maybe coach is a betting man and plays the QB that is less likely to cover. Easier to not cover when you donā€™t score.

Notes 11/3/15

Coach likes FIU RB. Plays like Temple RB but smaller.
Lee is definitely starting.
Brooks got reps vs Marshall just to get reps
Discussed FAU FIU game. Rivalry. FAU defense played well. FIU threw pick 6 on final drive.
FIU needs 2 of next 3 for bowl eligibility. Us, Marshall, WKU
FIU kicking and return teams singled out as excellent by Coach
Coach said Marshall was our best special teams effort thus season
Proud that we didnā€™t give up big plays 2nd half Marshall
Jamal Covington is guest

Talked a bit about injuries

German and Dozier should be back
Cook day to day
Talked about Buie getting back with success. Mentioned that he is good in pass protection despite not being that big

[quote=ā€œNinerAdvocate, post:16, topic:29852ā€]Notes 11/3/15

[glow=red,2,300]Lee is definitely starting.[/glow]
Discussed FAU FIU game. Rivalry. FAU defense played well. FIU threw pick 6 on final drive.
Jamal Covington is guest[/quote]

Iā€™m at a loss for exactly what THE FUCK this staff is watchingā€¦ Kid couldnā€™t play dead in a cowboy movie

[quote=ā€œs9er, post:18, topic:29852ā€][quote=ā€œNinerAdvocate, post:16, topic:29852ā€]Notes 11/3/15

[glow=red,2,300]Lee is definitely starting.[/glow]
Jamal Covington is guest[/quote]

Iā€™m at a loss for exactly what THE f*** this staff is watchingā€¦ Kid couldnā€™t play dead in a cowboy movie[/quote]

No fan of Mullen as OC and to continue to start McNeil at QB has made me start losing faith in Lambert.

We have one quarterback with an FBS win. Matt Johnson. If my memory is correct, no other quarterback threw a pass in that game.

In that game, Austin Duke had 7 catches for almost 100 yards.

We used all three QBā€™s the next week, with Matt Johnson clearly the top performer. Austin Duke had 9 catches for 166 yards.

Since then Austin has a total of 123 yards receiving, including 2 catches for 3 yards against SM. I know he was not 100% but he was out there.

The choice of quarterback is neutralizing your second or third best athlete on the entire team. No Johnson = No Duke.