Coaches...

Hey guys I’m new here and thought I would bring up coaching prospects.
Tommy Bowden is nothing new or groundbreaking but he would be great. Looking at his bio, the guy never had a losing season. In fact he went 11-0 at Tulsa. He was fired at Clemson for going 3-3. I actually thought it was because Cullen Harper was a joke of a QB is why Clemson was such a letdown that year. He has always seemed like a class act and put together some fun offenses with Richrod. If we could get him I say go for it.

Buddy Green might be farfetched but I would love to get him. Player bio says all. The Flexbone is a fun offense to watch when it is clicking. I’m sure he would bring it with him.
http://www.navysports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/green_buddy00.html

I know these are out there but you never know. Either way the wildcard in all of this is that someone gets to build a program from scratch.

[quote=“Cavic, post:1, topic:24268”]Hey guys I’m new here and thought I would bring up coaching prospects.
Tommy Bowden is nothing new or groundbreaking but he would be great. Looking at his bio, the guy never had a losing season. In fact he went 11-0 at Tulsa. He was fired at Clemson for going 3-3. I actually thought it was because Cullen Harper was a joke of a QB is why Clemson was such a letdown that year. He has always seemed like a class act and put together some fun offenses with Richrod. If we could get him I say go for it.

Buddy Green might be farfetched but I would love to get him. Player bio says all. The Flexbone is a fun offense to watch when it is clicking. I’m sure he would bring it with him.

I know these are out there but you never know. Either way the wildcard in all of this is that someone gets to build a program from scratch.[/quote]

Great suggestions. Tommy’s brother Terry resigned at Alabama (where he had once led the school to an undefeated season) but stayed in the same general area and eventually became head coach at D2 North Alabama at a salary of 100k/season. So it’s not a stretch to think that Tommy could similarly be interested in an available opening at one of the closest D1 schools to Clemson.

Glad to have you on the board, btw.

[quote=“survivor45, post:2, topic:24268”][quote=“Cavic, post:1, topic:24268”]Hey guys I’m new here and thought I would bring up coaching prospects.

I know these are out there but you never know. Either way the wildcard in all of this is that someone gets to build a program from scratch.[/quote]

Great suggestions. Tommy’s brother Terry resigned at Alabama (where he had once led the school to an undefeated season) but stayed in the same general area and eventually became head coach at D2 North Alabama at a salary of 100k/season. So it’s not a stretch to think that Tommy could similarly be interested in an available opening at one of the closest D1 schools to Clemson.

Glad to have you on the board, btw.[/quote]

Terry was at Auburn… He also resigned mid season to avoid being fired… He was also rumored to be banging a secretary or some such pen in company ink situation.

Mike Minter and Chuck Amato have expressed interest in the Gardner-Webb job.

I hope we get an up and coming hungry first football coach. Someone who is charismatic and is willing to put his heart and soul in selling our football program. I’m not sure if guys like Tommy Bowden from big time football programs are going to take the job that seriously.

I’d go after amato… G-W can keep minter

I’d go after amato… G-W can keep minter[/quote]Amato HC, Minter DC? not sure if we could afford both. Would be great to have recruiting wise…

I’d go after amato… G-W can keep minter[/quote]Amato HC, Minter DC? not sure if we could afford both. Would be great to have recruiting wise…[/quote]

That’s the kind of coaching lineup I would really like to see! A little bit wishful thinking though.

I’d go after amato… G-W can keep minter[/quote]Amato HC, Minter DC? not sure if we could afford both. Would be great to have recruiting wise…[/quote]

That’s the kind of coaching lineup I would really like to see! A little bit wishful thinking though.[/quote]Definitely wishful thinking and 99% unrealistic.

it’s not unrealistic if he’s interested in Gwebb than it would be realistic for us. I’d like to get Amato.

http://www.southernpigskin.com/SoCon/view/elon-coaching-update

Article on possible Elon replacements.