CofC pregame

Cougars will be without all-conference F Jarrell Brantley. The 2016 CAA Freshman of the Year averaged 14.2 ppg and 8.4 rpg last season as a sophomore.

Postandcourier.com: College of Charleston’s Jarrell Brantley out four-to-six weeks with knee injury

[quote=“Run49er, post:1, topic:31183”]Cougars will be without all-conference F Jarrell Brantley. The 2016 CAA Freshman of the Year averaged 14.2 ppg and 8.4 rpg last season as a sophomore.

Postandcourier.com: College of Charleston’s Jarrell Brantley out four-to-six weeks with knee injury[/quote]

I was looking forward to this as a rebound game, but since it’s another game against a team without their best player, I have my concerns ::slight_smile:

I will eagerly be awaiting watching this though.

[quote=“austinniner, post:2, topic:31183”][quote=“Run49er, post:1, topic:31183”]Cougars will be without all-conference F Jarrell Brantley. The 2016 CAA Freshman of the Year averaged 14.2 ppg and 8.4 rpg last season as a sophomore.

Postandcourier.com: College of Charleston’s Jarrell Brantley out four-to-six weeks with knee injury[/quote]

I was looking forward to this as a rebound game, but since it’s another game against a team without their best player, I have my concerns ::slight_smile:

I will eagerly be awaiting watching this though.[/quote]
Actually, CofC’s best player - 2017-18 CAA preseason POY G Joe Chealey (20.5 ppg) - will be in Halton Saturday night. Ditto CAA preseason second teamer G Grant Riller (17 ppg). Versus Wichita State they flipped their respective scoring averages - Chealey had 17 and Riller 20.

According to one of the preseason ranking CofC is the best team on our schedule.

And we’re the worst on their schedule…no doubt.

We need a tough game after having that horrific first half Monday.
We played with them the second half so we need to be able to work off that against a quality opponent.
We’ll see Saturday night if they have any heart, or its just gonna be another “Niner team”!
With all the new players, I expected it to take them some time to mesh, but defense is all desire and
fight…and you can’t teach that…and like past squads, I saw none of either Monday.

It’s early !

Yes it is, so I still have hope for the season. Some of our better teams have lost to a team(s) they had no business losing to at the first of the season. This loss, as bad as it was, was against a team we were supposed to lose to.

That’s as positive as I can get.

clt was there when we lost to appy in 97. that was a bad loss.

Early line has the Niners by six points. Most of that is probably the supposed home court advantage.

CofC favored by 5

clt says Charleston is favored at haltron. Let that sink in boys.

How do we go from favored by 6 to a 5 point dog in the span of a few days???

[quote=“TRLeader, post:12, topic:31183”]How do we go from favored by 6 to a 5 point dog in the span of a few days???[/quote]get smashed by osu?

We were smashed by OSU long before the first line came out for this game.

Postandcourier.com: College of Charleston prepares for UNC Charlotte without Jarrell Brantley

Observer weather correspondent and sports contributor Steve Lyttle definitely consistent on his pregame inconsistencies. Following up his unawareness of the suspension of OK State hoopster Jeffrey Carroll and North Texas’ clinching the C-USA West Division in football, in today’s print edition of the Big O he touts CofC’s return of their starting five from last season. No mention of Brantley’s absence due to injury. Hmm… ::slight_smile:

Observer weather correspondent and sports contributor Steve Lyttle definitely consistent on his pregame inconsistencies. Following up his unawareness of the suspension of OK State hoopster Jeffrey Carroll and North Texas’ clinching the C-USA West Division in football, in today’s print edition of the Big O he touts CofC’s return of their starting ffive from last season. No mention of Brantley’s absence due to injury. Hmm… ::)[/quote]

clt says mike p has to cover good ol roy