Colbert SGA Complex

This is a great idea. Not only will it put UNC Charlotte on the map for something other than Clay Aiken, maybe we can get him to wear the Charlotte 49er Football Shirt if he does have this on his show. I think this fomula sounds about right,
Colbert + Football > UNC-CH, UNC-R, and any other school in the state

I think this is a pretty studpid idea. Colbert has writer’s. He doesn’t come up with everything on that show on his own, if anything. If the move was to name it after Bill O’Reilly, this would just get trashed, despite the fact he thinks he is just as balanced as Colbert thinks he is, and his show has WAY more viewers.

[URL=http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&rls=GGLD%2CGGLD%3A2004-37%2CGGLD%3Aen&q=%22THOMAS+PAINE+BUILDING%22]hint, hint[/URL]

don’t hate, I don’t like his views but he is funny and has a large following, that is how we can use it for our own benefit.

This is one of the dumbest things we could do. Of all the former educators, donors and leaders of this school they choose a comedian who has nothing to do with the school. What a joke!

I very much prefer the Jim Duncan SGA Complex, but I guess we can save that one for the football stadium.

How about the Dr. Phil SGA Complex? Even though the school is not associated with Oprah’s Dr. Phil in any way, it might give our chancellor some weight.

This is one of the dumbest things we could do. Of all the former educators, donors and leaders of this school they choose a comedian who has nothing to do with the school. What a joke!

D.O.B.A

How freakin stupid.

Seriously, Thomas Paine would be a much better person to name a student government center after.

There are a million people that probably deserve it more.

I would think carefully before setting on that path.
Do you really want to sell out UNC Charlotte to pop culture just for the sake of some publicity?

In fifty years, you might be going to the Metallica music building which is next to the Rush Limbaugh history building, the Lou Dobbs building of commerce, the Anna Nicole Smith photography building, and the Stephen King bookstore.

I think its a funny, and interesting idea. If it passes, you know there’s a chance Colbert will put it on his show, resulting in more publicity for the University. Sure, we could put someone’s name affiliated with the University on it, but I think if I was going to be honored by the school, I’d rather my name be on something more than just a few offices.

I think its a funny, and interesting idea. If it passes, you know there's a chance Colbert will put it on his show, resulting in more publicity for the University. Sure, we could put someone's name affiliated with the University on it, but I think if I was going to be honored by the school, I'd rather my name be on something more than just a few offices.

3 minutes of pub in exchange for years of ridicule.

I don’t have cable so maybe I’m missing something… I think it’s a stupid idea and makes a joke out of SGA. And they didn’t need help with that back when I went there. Okay, that was a pretty stupid pun, but seriously, what’s the deal? Why?

3 minutes of pub in exchange for years of ridicule.

They could always rename it later on…

I think its a funny, and interesting idea. If it passes, you know there's a chance Colbert will put it on his show, resulting in more publicity for the University. Sure, we could put someone's name affiliated with the University on it, but I think if I was going to be honored by the school, I'd rather my name be on something more than just a few offices.

Do you honestly believe Michael Parks wants to generate positive publicity towards the school? All he cares about is trying to draw attention to himself.

Any pub we would receive from naming it the Colbert Complex would be along the lines of…

“Hey…look what those dumb ass kids in Charlotte did.”

They could always rename it later on.....

Well hell then why don’t they just rename it every month so we maximize our pub. Then when we’ve been on every show possible we can just call it “Attention Whores SGA Office”.

[QUOTE=casstommy;218616]Any pub we would receive from naming it the Colbert Complex would be along the lines of…

“Hey…look what those dumb ass kids in Charlotte did.”[/QUOTE]
That’s what I thought…

This reminds me of the time that we named the College of Engineering building after Arnold Horshack in 1975.

This tells me nothing more than our students shouldn’t be allowed to speak. That is flat out stupid.

You guys realize its just a set off offices within the Cone building right? It’s not a building, and its not something that ordinarily gets a name, its otherwise known as the SGA Complex.

Plus, why are we debating about something so trivial when the Board of Trustees voted YES to a football study?