Coldest Nov in 32 yrs

I don’t care what it’s called, I just know that it was freakin COLD this morning. And the WIND… UGH. My mountain blood has thinned, apparently.

Global warming is a poor term to describe human activity as it effects earth’s climate.

Climate change is a much more accurate nomenclature because some areas of the world will likely get colder as the overall global temperature warms.

Europe and the Southeast US are two great examples. As waters from additional glacial melt enter the Atlantic ocean they will diminish the flow of heat from the Caribbean waters. Europe will look more like Canada and the Southeastern US will start to look more like the northeastern US.

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/globalwarming.html

You can see from the trend maps on that site that areas of the world have increased in temperature drastically and some (like SE US) have decreased but that overall the global temperature has increased.

Global warming is a poor term to describe human activity as it effects earth's climate.

Climate change is a much more accurate nomenclature because some areas of the world will likely get colder as the overall global temperature warms.

Europe and the Southeast US are two great examples. As waters from additional glacial melt enter the Atlantic ocean they will diminish the flow of heat from the Caribbean waters. Europe will look more like Canada and the Southeastern US will start to look more like the northeastern US.

You can see from the trend maps on that site that areas of the world have increased in temperature drastically and some (like SE US) have decreased but that overall the global temperature has increased.

buoys in the world’s oceans have cooled the past 2 years

the sun is currently at a very low sunspot activity

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1108/15938.html

Global warming is a poor term to describe human activity as it effects earth's climate.

Dont even try Happy. Its pointless.

Understanding the difference between weather and climate is a difficult thing for some to grasp.

Understanding the difference between fear and supporting and industry is not easy.

fixed

fixed

Your right, I have no idea what that means.

Understanding the difference between weather and climate is a difficult thing for some to grasp.

like i said, you can’t be wrong when you call it “Climate Change”. What?!?! you don’t believe that climates change!?! Of course they change.

When Al Gore preaches during a record cold, or earliest snow in some town about “Climate Change” it is a lot more effective than “Global Warming”. Keeps those dollars flowing for his cause.

like i said, you can't be wrong when you call it "Climate Change". [I]What?!?! you don't believe that climates change!?![/I] Of course they change.

Your being pretty obtuse here. Of course climates change. But climate change as a result of carbon influence is a totally different thing.

When Al Gore preaches during a record cold, or earliest snow in some town about "Climate Change" it is a lot more effective than "Global Warming". Keeps those dollars flowing for his cause.

Here we are back to the difference between climate and weather.

What you are doing is similar to what a person would say in rebuttal to evidence that crime in the US is down, by responding that it can’t be true because there is an increase in crime in his city.

Your being pretty obtuse here. Of course climates change. But climate change as a result of carbon influence is a totally different thing.
I am not arguing either way on the subject of is it real or not, in dealing with human interaction
Here we are back to the difference between climate and weather.

What you are doing is similar to what a person would say in rebuttal to evidence that crime in the US is down, by responding that it can’t be true because there is an increase in crime in his city.

again, not arguing either way. Perception is reality. If Al Gore preaches “Global Warming” and its snowing, it makes a headline, and he looks kind of silly to most people. Under the term of “Climate Change” that doesn’t happen.

Wasn’t it a climate change that killed off the dinosaurs, however million years before humans?

brrrrrr :shades::rolleyes:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/408/story/386656.html

I believe we’re over the average rainfall for this year too. But good luck finding that information. If we were below there would be a story a day.

Perception is reality.

I hate that logic. Perception is not always reality. People perceive a lot of stupid things, doesnt make them true. Hell, you still see people perceiving Bobby Lutz as the right fit for this program. I dont think its reality.

I remember having a conversation with a neighbor a few months ago. It was after a week or 2 of pretty heavy rains, and we were talking about how great our lawns were looking. He turned to me and said something to the effect of…“So much for that drought huh?” To him, all this rain meant there was no way we could be in a drought. Perception doesnt equal reality.

Same thing applies with climate change. If Al Gore delivered a speech about Global Warming on the same day it snowed (has this happened or something?) , it would be unfortunate PR wise, but it wouldnt invalidate the science.

Sorry, forgot that having an intelligent discussion here was mostly impossible. I won’t try next time.

If it can’t be chanted in three syllables it isn’t a valid thought. Let’s stick to that.

[QUOTE=casstommy;366871]I hate that logic. Perception is not always reality. People perceive a lot of stupid things, doesnt make them true. Hell, you still see people perceiving Bobby Lutz as the right fit for this program. I dont think its reality.

I remember having a conversation with a neighbor a few months ago. It was after a week or 2 of pretty heavy rains, and we were talking about how great our lawns were looking. He turned to me and said something to the effect of…“So much for that drought huh?” To him, all this rain meant there was no way we could be in a drought. Perception doesnt equal reality.[/QUOTE]

You miss the point of the statement. Perception is always reality to the person experiencing it. It can not be judged from a 3rd person standard. Reality can only be recognized from the person experiencng it. Your perception of reality is a lot of people perceive a lot of stupid things so that is “your” reality. Just because you might not agree with it does not make that perception any less real to the person experiencing it.

Sorry. I have had this arguement a lot over the years.

clt says that anyone who doesn’t think we are impacting our environment negatively, needs to open their eyes.

[QUOTE=cltniners;366897]clt says that anyone who doesn’t think we are impacting our environment negatively, needs to open their eyes.[/QUOTE]

Sideshow says CLT needs to stick to UNC bashing

[QUOTE=Sideshow;366905]Sideshow says CLT needs to stick to UNC bashing[/QUOTE]

clt will continue that of course, but cannot fathom how anyone even being able to disagree with this statement: we as humans are negatively impacting the earth.

clt says that anyone who doesn't think we are impacting our environment negatively, needs to open their eyes.
true, I hate smog and dirty water and can't wait to plug in my car.

but man has not warmed the earth a fraction

what we have done with fossil fuels is equal to lighting a match to heat a mansion

[QUOTE=metro;366950]what we have done with fossil fuels is equal to lighting a match to heat a mansion[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Sideshow;366905]Sideshow says CLT needs to stick to UNC bashing[/QUOTE]

At least he puts him money where his mouth is, the Zepplin has zero carbon emmisions…