Coleman to Charlotte

Need some good news on a Friday? I’ve just been informed that Antwon Coleman has indeed committed to Charlotte.

Great news for Niner fans and we’ll have much more from Coleman soon.

-Jason Jordan, NinerReport Publisher

This just in… “Bob Gibbons scoops Jason Jordan!”

Just kidding with you JJ, you’re still the man!

GREAT news!

[i]Originally posted by Jordan_NinerReport[/i]@Oct 29 2004, 12:46 PM [b] Need some good news on a Friday? I've just been informed that Antwon Coleman has indeed committed to Charlotte.

Great news for Niner fans and we’ll have much more from Coleman soon.

-Jason Jordan, NinerReport Publisher [/b]

Great news. Apparently we beat out Indiana, Purdue, Tennessee and UAB.

Good to know that if Withers and Iti do make the jump, we’ve got Coleman and Nance to hold down the middle next year. Drayton could somewhat replace Withers’ production. Slide Alexander into the 3. We’ll be fine heading into the A-10. Now, if Iti and Withers stick around…WATCH OUT!!!

Good news indeed. :toast:

Link: Wabash Valley College website [NOTE: click on “Warrior Athletics Home Page” – no direct link]

That’s quite a 'do!

This dude is large…

A. Coleman

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Oct 29 2004, 02:25 PM [b] Link: [url=http://www.iecc.cc.il.us/WVC/]Wabash Valley College website[/url] [NOTE: click on "Warrior Athletics Home Page" -- no direct link]

That’s quite a 'do! [/b]

no kidding… from now on this is the official Antwon Coleman smilie → :scared:

@ 285, he could probably stand to lose some weight. If we start with the hair, he’ll probably be down to 260 :stuck_out_tongue:

Great news though. We needed another 4/5 guy. He should fit the bill.

NA, you beat me to it

Wow…FireFox did NOT like that image on my work computer…hahaha.

I’m sorry about the image size. I linked directly from that page. The webmaster at WVC took the lazy rote and resized via his coding rather than actually resizing the picture file itself. The stupidity behind that, as the web gurus here know, is that it is still a big file that takes a long time to load if you do it that way.

Looks to me like he needs to hit the weight room instead of the cafeteria. Won’t help us if he is slow and soft and can’t play Lutz’s transition offense. Good thing we have the new facility and staff!

[b] Looks to me like he needs to hit the weight room instead of the cafeteria. Won't help us if he is slow and soft and can't play Lutz's transition offense. Good thing we have the new facility and staff![/b]

One thing he was impressed with is the before and after for some of our players once we throw them in the weight room.

Yeah the old guy got me on this one.

It’s OK, we’re both on the same team (Rivals.com) and he’s an old friend.

Just so you know, Antwon’s excited about the decision, we’ll have something on him soon.

-Jason

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Oct 29 2004, 03:19 PM [b] One thing he was impressed with is the before and after for some of our players once we throw them in the weight room. [/b]
Let Preston get hold of him over the summer and most of that baby fat will be gone.

Congrats on the committment but its unfortunate that he doesn’t even know what conference you guys are playing in.

Here is a quote from the rivals.com article:

[b]“I chose Charlotte because I really liked the coaches and players, and they really recruited me the hardest,” said Coleman. “And, Charlotte is very close to my home in Great Falls, S.C., and they will play in the competitive Atlantic 20 Conference.” [/b]
[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate+Oct 29 2004, 02:42 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (NinerAdvocate @ Oct 29 2004, 02:42 PM)
[i]Originally posted by UABHecklerIsBack[/i]@Oct 29 2004, 03:13 PM [b] Congrats on the committment but its unfortunate that he doesn't even know what conference you guys are playing in.

Here is a quote from the rivals.com article:

[b]“I chose Charlotte because I really liked the coaches and players, and they really recruited me the hardest,” said Coleman. “And, Charlotte is very close to my home in Great Falls, S.C., and they will play in the competitive Atlantic 20 Conference.” [/b]
[/b]
Do you think it's possible that it was a typo?

And even if it isn’t a typo, cut him some slack. It’s not like he said something blatantly wrong, such as “UAB is a top-notch institution of higher learning with a first-rate athletic program.” Give him a break.

I’m gonna tell you a secret UABHickler.
Don’t let this get out.
The “1” key and the “2” key are next to each other on almost every keyboard.
Sometimes, (shhhhhhhh) people inadvertantly strike one while intending to strike the other.

Do NOT let this get out. When everyone is insulting you as a dental school dropout, you can get right back at them with this zinger of a piece of information.

Check out that hair… is he trying out to be the new drummer in the pep band or somethin? :slight_smile:

Welcome aboard Coleman!!!