College athletes and compensation - NIL, Alston v NCAA, etc šŸ’°

Itā€™s true but now the NCAA canā€™t hide behind their investigation rules. Their favoritism becomes even more blatant than it already is. I donā€™t see where this changes the world at all for us. It has the potential to for other schools - but only if the NCAA pushes it or cares that the public can clearly see the lack of movement against an institution.

Great, letā€™s see if they announce a Gators investigation and a Saban investigation based on recent press. I doubt it, but watch out Charlotte!

It isnā€™t if the NCAA starts the investigation - they wonā€™t. What it is is if a journalist investigates and finds improper conduct the NCAA can now use that info. If a journalist blows up the story now the institution is presumed guilty. If the NCAA chooses not to move forward it shows at an even higher level how selective they are - that public pressure MAY get enough to get them to move. As for us nothing changes - no journalist gives a damn about us and if the NCAA wants us they will come get us.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

So this kid is going to make:

$3.5 mil for his first year (which includes his signing bonus)

$3.5 mil for his second year

$4.5 mil for his third year

$2.35 mil for his last year

For a grand total of $13.85 mil with a full ride scholarship.

DAMN!!! It doesnā€™t seem to pay to do anything academically anymore. Just push your kid, at birth, hard into sports.

It is kind of ironic that these kids NILā€™s are funded on the back of those that had to most likely pay their way through school and are supporting themselves by means of their actual degrees.

In fairness, that deal collapsed. But it showed how ridiculous things are getting. In what world is a 4 star HS QB worth more than an established pro?

Not one world, but two worlds. They are two distinct markets.

I am still waiting for the years of eligibility to get challenged. If the argument all this time is regular students get X then that works for years of eligibility too. If some kids is getting 4 mil a year but is not going to get drafted that high in the NFL why shouldnt he be allowed to stay in school?

I sold off my Panthers tickets this year because I felt the cost of tickets was ridiculous. I loved going to the games, but at one point it is not worth it. I hope we donā€™t get to that point in college.

1 Like

The MLS tickets went up substantially as well from what I have heard and they were already high.

Wealthy +!Desperate idiots!