College Basketball facilities

Not sure how much facilities are factoring into Atewe’s decision but I was looking at Nebraska basketball and all I have to say is wow to this place:

http://www.pinnaclebankarena.com/

[ul][li]36 founders and executive suites[/li]
[li]20 loge boxes[/li]
[li]900 club seats[/li]
[li]73 concession points of sale[/li]
[li]Two private club lounges[/li]
[li]Husker Authentic Team store[/li][/ul]

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:1, topic:27620”]Not sure how much facilities are factoring into Atewe’s decision but I was looking at Nebraska basketball and all I have to say is wow to this place:

[li]20 loge boxes[/li]
[li]900 club seats[/li]
[li]Husker Authentic Team store[/li][/ul][/quote]

Amazing what you can do with a complete Athletic Department, vision and football dominance. There is no reason Halton shouldn’t have one of these listed.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:2, topic:27620”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:1, topic:27620”]Not sure how much facilities are factoring into Atewe’s decision but I was looking at Nebraska basketball and all I have to say is wow to this place:

[li]20 loge boxes[/li]
[li]900 club seats[/li]

Amazing what you can do with a complete Athletic Department, vision and football dominance. There is no reason Halton shouldn’t have one of these listed.[/quote]

This is Nebraska we are talking about. They have piles of money from long standing football success and being the only game in town.

Also Halton was built right before these sort of amenities were being built into college facilities. I don’t think we can retrofit many of these things into the existing facility other than the team store.

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:3, topic:27620”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:2, topic:27620”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:1, topic:27620”]Not sure how much facilities are factoring into Atewe’s decision but I was looking at Nebraska basketball and all I have to say is wow to this place:

[li]20 loge boxes[/li]
[li]900 club seats[/li]

Amazing what you can do with a complete Athletic Department, vision and football dominance. There is no reason Halton shouldn’t have one of these listed.[/quote]

This is Nebraska we are talking about. They have piles of money from long standing football success and being the only game in town.

Also Halton was built right before these sort of amenities were being built into college facilities. I don’t think we can retrofit many of these things into the existing facility other than the team store.[/quote]

The one listed I was talking about was a team store - there should be a perm one in Halton, not a cart.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:4, topic:27620”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:3, topic:27620”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:2, topic:27620”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:1, topic:27620”]Not sure how much facilities are factoring into Atewe’s decision but I was looking at Nebraska basketball and all I have to say is wow to this place:

[li]20 loge boxes[/li]
[li]900 club seats[/li]

Also Halton was built right before these sort of amenities were being built into college facilities. I don’t think we can retrofit many of these things into the existing facility other than the team store.[/quote]

The one listed I was talking about was a team store - there should be a perm one in Halton, not a cart.[/quote]I guess I don’t see why that matters. What I would rather see is a team store in the house on 49 next to the East Deck. This way I could swing in and shop without having to pay to park and walk so far. Now, I only go to the bookstore if I am looking for something specific.

[quote=“Nugget, post:5, topic:27620”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:4, topic:27620”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:3, topic:27620”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:2, topic:27620”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:1, topic:27620”]Not sure how much facilities are factoring into Atewe’s decision but I was looking at Nebraska basketball and all I have to say is wow to this place:

[li]20 loge boxes[/li]
[li]900 club seats[/li]

The one listed I was talking about was a team store - there should be a perm one in Halton, not a cart.[/quote]I guess I don’t see why that matters. What I would rather see is a team store in the house on 49 next to the East Deck. This way I could swing in and shop without having to pay to park and walk so far. Now, I only go to the bookstore if I am looking for something specific.[/quote]

Also a solid idea.

[quote=“Nugget, post:5, topic:27620”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:4, topic:27620”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:3, topic:27620”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:2, topic:27620”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:1, topic:27620”]Not sure how much facilities are factoring into Atewe’s decision but I was looking at Nebraska basketball and all I have to say is wow to this place:

[li]20 loge boxes[/li]
[li]900 club seats[/li]

The one listed I was talking about was a team store - there should be a perm one in Halton, not a cart.[/quote]I guess I don’t see why that matters. What I would rather see is a team store in the house on 49 next to the East Deck. This way I could swing in and shop without having to pay to park and walk so far. Now, I only go to the bookstore if I am looking for something specific.[/quote]

What are they using that house for these days?

You should get validated parking with a $15+ purchase at the student union store. [/end]

Apples and Oranges. This arena is in downtown area of a city that offers nothing, but the university. The funds were approved and sponsored by the city and not so much the school. Like comparing Bobcats arena to Halton.

Seems like only $25 million was put in by the city.

My point was it makes for a nice recruiting tool, nothing more than that.

It matters so we can get some Niner gear on the average Joe or child that comes into Halton.

Just imagine if all the kids that came with the youth basketball leagues or church group were able to get a shirt at an affordable price. Maybe have a deal for pregame a shirt and a photo with Norm for like $7. Brings the kid and the parents into the store.

That being said, I’m really hoping the football will bring a demand that makes the AD think about this stuff. Easier said than done though.

Once the new rec center is built, I wouldn’t mind seeing the upper level bleachers on the away side (student GA right now) removed and replaced with a wall of luxury boxes, a la Tennessee.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:11, topic:27620”]Once the new rec center is built, I wouldn’t mind seeing the upper level bleachers on the away side (student GA right now) removed and replaced with a wall of luxury boxes, a la Tennessee.

[/quote]

No demand. You need big donors to spend big $$ to make it worth having luxury suites

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:11, topic:27620”]Once the new rec center is built, I wouldn’t mind seeing the upper level bleachers on the away side (student GA right now) removed and replaced with a wall of luxury boxes, a la Tennessee.

[/quote]

I was in that arena last May for my sister’s graduation and I was very impressed. I think UT and Nebraska have one thing in common that we’ve not had …yet. That is big time football. Football will increase revenues for the athletic department across the board.

Seems like only $25 million was put in by the city.

My point was it makes for a nice recruiting tool, nothing more than that.[/quote]

ok. point made. We play in Bobcats arena once a year if that helps sway him, but I doubt it. I think PT and big games will sway most recruits.