College Football Hot Seat Rankings by CBS

No one replaces a coach mid-season with someone from outside their staff. At least I canā€™t recall when that has happened.

clt would never stop laughing if we lost to fordham, fire lambert and then beat appy.

clt says we should go after the appy coach before UNC CHeat does.

I relate things back to Tennessee because I still keep up with them, but there was a good chance that Dan Mullen would have been the coach there if Florida hadnā€™t fired McElwain. Iā€™d hate for us to miss out, on oh letā€™s throw the dream coach out there and say Mike Houston because USF fires Strong. In addition if we start with what should be the unimaginable (a loss to Fordham) or the 1-5,1-6 type start then at that point Montgomery would have to give us the best shot to get a W or two.

Hopefully though weā€™ll have Christmas in the Bahamas and this will be moot.

McAppFan says Satterfield is not going to leave Boone until his daughter is out of HS and that is a few more years. He son also is a RB at Watauga HS and from what I hear is pretty good, so there should be some pull to not screw up his sonā€™s future as well.

McAppfan say thatIf that exact scenario plays out he will make a personal donation to the UNCC athletic fund in honor of ghostofclt. Save this post just in case.

Are the young men graduating with degrees? Winning is nice but if he is getting diplomas in the hands of the students and doing it without resorting to the methods of UNC-CHeat then he deserves to go out with some level of dignity/politeness/whatever word fits here.

This line of thinking frustrates me and I honestly believe itā€™s a big reason charlotte athletics is in the state itā€™s currently in. Graduating players and athlete experience are not the benchmark for how successful a program is. Wins and fan experience are. Getting degrees is expected and not a reason to keep a coach longer, only a reason to let one go if they arenā€™t graduating players.

clt says he goes to north watuga. you are mistaken.

Agreed. Running a clean program, giving back to the community and graduating kids is expected. Thatā€™s baseline stuff. Thatā€™s what got us here, Judyā€™s benchmark. Time to compete for championships or be gone.

1 Like

And do so the right way. No UNC-CHeat crap.

As said above - itā€™s not a reason to retain someone, but failure to do so is a reason to let someone go.

We canā€™t overlook Fordham. Look at the last two FCS games weā€™ve played Elon (trailing at halftime) and NC A&T (loss). Six of our first seven games are winnable but when have the Niners showed up against beatable teams? If Lambert canā€™t find two wins by Halloween he should be fired.

Not at every school. I assume Charlotte does have this expectation, which is something to cherish.

This is a good article. I highlighted one comment which makes a lot of sense. I thought that the team had given up last season on a few occasions. A few losses and the team will pack it in. Coach may be a nice guy, but players donā€™t come to a school to lose.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-debate-muschamp/

ā€œIf youā€™re thinking about firing a coach midseason, your team is clearly past the point of contention, so you donā€™t have to think about how it could affect your record. By keeping a coach around too long after the team has tuned him out, itā€™s only going to hurt the program. You donā€™t want your senior leaders tuning out and you donā€™t want your young players thinking about transferring. Additionally, players talk, and you donā€™t want the kids in your program talking to the recruits they know telling them how ugly things have gotten inside the program.ā€

As an outsider I did not want to raise the issue of the coach ā€œlosing the team.ā€ No one on here has raised that issue so I assume that is not a concern at this point. That does change the dynamic.

I winning coach can be an ass and still have the team under control and a coach that is losing and not winning will have an easier time losing the team but losing games does not guarantee losing the team.

clt is all in on questionable classes. Letā€™s go.

Lawyer up like UNC CHeat!

McAppFan says your name will become UNC-Cheatlotte, and no one wants to type that out so please donā€™t go down that routre.

clt just hopes lambert can coach our boys up enough to hang within 30 to appy on their super bowl. That may earn him an extension.