College Football Playoff Expansion

This is The Alliance flexing its muscle to the SEC and the rest of college football is going to get caught in the crossfire.

1 Like

Had a stray thought that Clemson’s woes are probably going to result in the ACC being excluded from the CFP this season. Wonder if that might sway their vote?

2 Likes

Watching Maryland v Iowa, and they interviewed B1G commissioner Kevin Warren - though he spat out the usual AD speak, he did commit to being in favor of CFP expansion.

1 Like

Cincy is 6th in the CFP rankings (#2 in polls) which is a steaming pille of :poop:.

As Decourcey is saying here, CFP isn’t a Playoff. It’s an invitation only event and NO G5 team will ever be invited. For fucks sakes they went into South Bend and ended the Irish’s 26 game winning streak. And then got outranked by an Oregon team that lost to … Stanford??

Also hell of a point that at least one poll also made sure not to rank their upcoming AAC opponents which would have given Cincy more ranked wins.

It’s all 100% rigged.

Back to what I have been saying for years - it will never be anywhere close to fair until every conference gets at least 1 auto bid for conference champs. And that needs to be a real bid not some kind of B.S. play in game where you put two G5s against each other to eliminate one of them.

This is all designed not just for the money, but to ensure that the top players will only go to the select P5 programs where they still have a chance to play in the CFP. You start letting other schools in, and recruits start deciding they’d rather play for the home team G5, (and we can’t have that).

1 Like

Also, meanwhile, undefeated UTSA isn’t even sniffing top 25 CFP ranking, despite all the multi loss teams in it.

Mississippi State team that lost to Memphis and got blown out by Alabama, almost lost to La Tech, and has lost 3 freaking games is #17, but UTSA isn’t even ranked? GTFO.

That was done solely to prop Alabama up with a 2nd “ranked win”.

It’s horse shit. This sport is so screwed up.

3 Likes

I hated the old BCS system but it was far superior to this rig playoff garbage. Let the computers decide instead a bunch of bias old men. Alabama has so many built in advantages that is takes almost a miracle for them to lose and they still get preferential treatment.

1 Like

Folks… It’s Aristocracy not Meritocracy. In case that wasn’t abundantly clear already.

Sports reflect our society.

1 Like

If they had the 12 team playoff with the BCS rankings and abolished The Committee that would be the perfect system. The powers that be though won’t give up that power I fear.

3 Likes

I think there is a chance we get to something like that, maybe not all the G5s but maybe the top 2 rated ones or something. I think the catch will be they keep spots for at large P5s vs giving more G5s access. And of course seeding.

Even if it was 12 - they wouldn’t let a non-traditional team that went undefeated into the brand invitational. It’s a farce. They’d justify putting in a 2 loss Ohio State team in over an undefeated Cincinnati any day. The SEC expansion was predicated on getting more SEC teams into the brand invitational so they could get more of that revenue. This isn’t a “playoff”, it’s a brand invitational.

3 Likes

clt predicts this year’s playoff

bama
uga
tOSU
clemson